“Truly 5 star experience...”

Art Nouveau Palace Hotel
Ranked #52 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night, 1 full day back in 2011. It was the last night we spent in Prague after touring Prague and Vienna for 2.5 weeks. This hotel is very opulent. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Housekeeping does an excellent job here. The bedrooms are spacious and that large king sized bed is very comfortable. The bathroom- This has to be one of the best bathrooms I have been in while on vacation. The large marble tub was awesome. The sink had gold finishing and marble counter. The hotel itself is very modern and looks the way a 5 star hotel should look. The front desk staff were terrific and when I presented them with my airport return voucher from Viator, they made the call for my return transport. When it was time for me to leave and meet my friends at the airport, it was not the airport van that dropped us off at hotel David in the beginning of our trip. Instead, the hotel staff had a limo pick me up without any additional fees. Simply awesome! The hotel is located right around the corner from Wenceslas Square and some of the best restaurants in the city. You can walk all around Prague from this hotel. I also loved the breakfast in the morning before leaving for the airport. They have a computer in the lobby for getting onto the internet. Just like Prague itself, the hotel was truly a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cbouknight
Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Good location, great hospitality, superb and friendly staff, has got one of the best restaurant in town where one can enjoy candle light dinner with live piano.. Nice healthy breakfast to start ur day with.. And room decor is not any ordinary type as i said its a palace after all... The moment u enter u get actual feeling of being in Prague....

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My group just returned from a ten-day stay at the Art Nouveau Palace. We could not have been treated better, especially by the manager, who left us a welcoming letter (with fruit) and a good-bye letter (with a Mucha postcard) in our rooms and who was so attentive to our needs. He even had wine for us in the lobby before we went out on our final evening. There are no words to express how professional, friendly, and helpful the staff is, from the front desk to the concierge to the housekeepers. The place felt like a luxurious home I was reluctant to leave.
Other reviewers have commented, justly, on the terrific breakfast buffet and convenient location. A few words about breakfast: I think the diabetic pastries (don't miss the apple one) tasted better than the regular ones, and the fact they even had a diabetic section on the buffet was impressive. The selection of cheeses, meats, fresh fruit and vegetables, yogurts, nuts and seeds, and hot dishes would satisfy anyone. Omelets are good, but I liked my poached eggs on toast squares. There are five kinds of juice available, plus champagne on Sunday mornings. My only issue is that no one comes by your table after you sit down to ask for your beverage order. Coffee drinkers have good luck, bug it can be tough to snag an English speaker to request hot water or tea.
The rooms are scrupulously cleaned, usually twice a day, with nice fresh towels, and sometimes there are chocolates on the bed when you get back at night. I could have eaten off the bathroom floor (marble, as other reviewers have noted.) The bed is firm and comfortable, especially good for the back and there are plenty of fluffy pillows. The TV does indeed offer many channels - my favorite was the Chinese documentary channel (number 6). I was fortunate to have room 519, at the very end of the corridor across from the laundry area for housekeepers, as far as possible from the elevator and opening on the inner courtyard. Sleep is excellent and undisturbed in such a quiet environment - not even the minibar fridge makes any noise. The temperature controls are easy to use and quickly responsive. I have rarely (maybe never) been so comfortable in any hotel room.
To top it off, the hotel offers an excellent cafe on the ground floor (a delicious menu and good bar), plus a gourmet restaurant. There was apparently an Internet terminal though I never made an effort to find it.
Regarding the tram construction work on Jindrisska Street: it continued apace during our visit (May 24-June 3) and it looks like the section near the Palace Hotel will be completed soon. During the day, in my room I could hear some noise like a power drill or jackhammer. But I found this opportunity to witness tram line construction fascinating. There is no problem walking around the roadwork, and it is actually nice because vehicles can't get through right now, so you can cross the street more easily.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows opening onto the courtyard if you want to escape the noise of constructi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelNut12309
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Three friends and I stayed at the Palace Hotel in Prague and enjoyed the amenities, staff and service. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom very nice. The location was just across the street from the Mucha Museum and within easy (relatively speaking as cobblestones can be daunting) walking to the Old Town Square, Metropolitan building, shopping and restaurants. Staff was friendly and gave good recommendations for eating. The hotel recommends that guests take their car service as evidently taxi drivers in Prague can be rude and unethical. Their drivers and cars were super! The breakfasts were sumptuous which is an understatement. Only below par service that I noted was an antiquated computer system that I never could call up my e-mail on but I suppose that doesn't matter so much since everyone seems to have their own devices. Rooms have safes to secure passports, technology, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pjh57
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It's location is perfect. the subway 4 min. from the hotel . perfectly located from the Old Town Square. The staff is very friendly. clean and nice room . The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were very happy with the location, facility & service - right in the centre of Prague, on quiet side street, we got very nice large room &.excellent breakfast. Very good value, we can recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip and it was perfectly located to my office and all the restaurants and shopes you could want. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful and courteous. The room was a good size with a big bed, the bathroom was fine but lacked a good shower which was a shame but not a big deal. The breakfast was very impressive and there was a huge selection of everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague on business or holiday the location to all the attrractions make it a great place to stay. It has also just been refurbished so it was clean and well looked after. My only warning would be be aware the bar is very expensive

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business