“Had a 4-night stay and loved it!”

Art Nouveau Palace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Market Drayton
“Had a 4-night stay and loved it!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in December and had a great time. The restaurant is excellent with a great selection of wines. The room was lovely and the breakfast buffet had everything you could want. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Great location to visit all the attractions Prague had to offer!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Scott F
MartinZidek, General Manager at Art Nouveau Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Scott F,
Many thanks for your feedback on your stay in our hotel. I appreciate very much your compliment on our restaurant and the selection of wines. Since your stay we went even further and introduced even more local wines to better accompany our new Czech degustation menu. I was happy to read about your satisfaction with our breakfast buffet. Earlier this year we enlarged it with a new omelette station and dietary corner to make the start of the day of our guests even more enjoyable. Once again thank you for letting the World know about our hotel and hope to welcome you soon in Prague.

Best regards,
gm@palacehotel.cz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel immensely. In particular, the hotel offers an outstanding breakfast that operates very social hours (very early until 1030). The staff are lovely, however the travel advisor in particular consistently went out of her way to assist my Mum and I, and always offered great recommendations.

The location of the hotel is excellent, and within walking distance of Prague's leading tourist destinations (in particular the Old Town Square).

The only let down was on arrival our room wasn't ready. A little disappointing as it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and my mother had traveled from Sydney.

Room Tip: Room 308 is the best! It has a sizeable balcony (not many rooms do) right behind the hotel's fla...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beezlenut
Dear Mrs. Beezlenut...
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. I was pleased to hear how enjoyable stay you had with us. Please accept my apologies for not having your room ready upon your arrival. I will certainly look into this matter as 3PM is our usual check-in time. I hope you were at least treated with a complimentary welcome coffee and cake in our Cafe Palace while your room was being prepared for you. Once again a big THANK YOU for letting the World know about your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for a month during which time we checked out for a 10 day period to travel to Austria and Germany.

The hotel itself is, as mentioned in most other reviews, centrally located and most tourist sites are within easy walking distance. Metro stations no more than a 10 minute walk away. The main train and bus terminals are also close, about a 15 – 20 minute walk. I can say without hesitation that we would definitely stay here again and would absolutely recommend it to others. Whether or not you would call the Palace a 4 or 5 star hotel is, I guess as individual a feeling as are these reviews. For me it’s an easy 5 stars, I felt like all my needs were meet and the staff was more than willing to ensure we enjoyed our stay. From sightseeing recommendations by the doorman to a printed itinerary provided by the concierge the staff was enthusiastic in their service. If I needed anything, I felt I only had to ask. Were there days when sometimes the smile wasn’t as quick or the good morning wasn’t quit as cheerful as the day before…..sure (we all have those days) but nothing to take issue with.

We traveled as a family. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff was friendly and courteous. Our rooms were ready and check-in was quick and easy. My wife and I had a junior suite and my daughter a deluxe room. We were pleasantly surprised to find sparkling wine and a variety of fresh fruit in both our rooms when we arrived (both times). The beds were comfortable and we had no noise issues at night and enjoyed a good and quiet night’s sleep (yes the streets were still being worked on during most of our stay). The turn down service while offered was rarely used. Both rooms had flat screen TVs, espresso machines and hot pots etc…. The carpeting looked as though it had recently been replaced and both rooms had individual A/C controls. An Iron and Ironing board were provided upon request. The room furnishings fit the motif and were in good repair. As for the bathroom furnishings from the marble tiles to the chrome and brass fixtures I found them to be clean and in good repair. I can understand how some may have issue with the tub though. They are deep and a little difficult to get in/out of, especially if you have mobility issues. For myself, I enjoyed the deep tub as it made for a wonderful hot bath.

The buffet breakfast, provided a pleasing variety, I could not say that I was ever dissatisfied. From the fresh fruit, the meat and cheeses, to the omelet station it was all top notch. After being greeted and shown to our table the first thing I was asked was if I wanted coffee, tea or espresso. All the wait staff I encountered spoke and understood English well enough so that there were no difficulties. I was almost always greeted with a smile and a “Good Morning Sir”. My biggest breakfast disappointment, No “crispy” bacon (not really much of a disappointment considering…..). While we weren’t regulars at the lunch or dinner venues at the hotel the times we did eat there the food was well worth it and the staff quick, friendly and efficient. If you’re not one for eating every meal at the hotel then there are plenty of choices to eat and drink outside of the hotel to fit any palate or budget.

During our ten days away the hotel staff stored our extra luggage so that we could travel with just small hand carry bags. This extra step made our train and bus travel much easier. When we returned and checked back in, a quick call had all our stored baggage delivered to our rooms when we were ready for them.

I’d like to thank the hotel staff and management for a most pleasurable stay and I will see you again. You’ve done an excellent job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike P
Dear Mike,
Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive feedback on our hotel. You surely were our first guest from Guam (and I hope not the last one...). It was a great pleasure to have you with us for such a long period of time! Thank you for all the nice comments, observer´s tips and service recommendations you gave me while you were here. I have already shared everything with my team and we are working on delivering even better and even more consistent service to our guests.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your long and surely well deserved vacation.

Please pass my best regards to your wife and to your freshly-in-Prague-engaged daughter and her future husband :)

Art Nouveau Palace hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here in June 2014. we had booked a deluxe double room. We thought we where going to a nice 5 star hotel, but this already changed at check in. Reception staff was was not welcoming and we felt like we checked in to a 2 star hotel because of the reception staffs attitude. The room was OK but bathroom was old, and also evidence of rust on the stainless steel in the bathroom. Breakfast was rubbish, bread was old and some of the fruit was moldy. When we went to complain the staff did not even to bother looking at you. We the decided to check out earlier than planned an move to another hotel in Prague. We then discovered that they charger us for two days extra parking on our bill. After a new complaint they refunded this money (70€) but again with no apologies. I am really surprised that this hotel can get away with all the good reviews, but maybe because of the location. We have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world but this was absolutely the worst one. Would not recommend anyone to stay here. The hotel we moved to was Radisson Blue Alcoron. A totally different world just around the corner, with nice fresh rooms and super friendly staff. STAY AWAY FROM ART NOUVEAU. It is not a Palace but a lousy 2 -3 star hotel with a 5 star official mark wish they not deserve.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank duckyduck64
MartinZidek, General Manager at Art Nouveau Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear guest Duckyduck64,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel. I was sorry to read about your disappointment with our services. Especially your comment about our breakfast and the attitude of my colleagues was a shock for me. Following the feedback I am often getting from our guests and looking at our reviews on Tripadvisor from other travellers, the quality of our breakfast as well as the friendly attitude of my colleagues is permanently being mentioned as a highlight of our hotel. However I believe there is always something which can be improved. Therefore I would very much appreciate if you could share with me more details about your stay with us and help me to provide a better experience to our future guests.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
With my best regards,
General Manager, Art Nouveau Palace hotel
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while on a coach tour of central Europe. On the first evening, our tour group had a three-course dinner in the hotel dining room - the meal was not memorable. On the second evening, my wife and I had dinner in the hotel's cafe; my dish of the traditional braised beef with a cream sauce was so delicious that we have found a recipe and attempted it at home! On two occasions, some equipment in our room needed maintenance - a technician was at our door within minutes and the problems were quickly dealt with. Service in the cafe and at the reception desk was also excellent. The location is very convenient for exploring the old heart of Prague. The rooms are comfortable, although slightly dated, and air-conditioning is only available in extreme weather conditions (but the windows can be opened to let fresh air in).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rmgtravelsandfood
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

An Amazing Hotel right in the heart of Prague. Extremely good value for money (but not on Saturdays) 5 star quality plus. With lovely Oak walls and good old fashioned poshness everywhere. Impeccable service. Rooms very big and very nice with lots of nice touches. Real luxury with old fashioned charm.
In the Restaurant is a nice big Grand piano where Otto plays beautifully in an atmosphere of wood paneled walls candlelight and wine and antique oil paintings all around. If I wad a romantic person, I would say this place is the hight of romantasism.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smallfac
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night, 1 full day back in 2011. It was the last night we spent in Prague after touring Prague and Vienna for 2.5 weeks. This hotel is very opulent. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Housekeeping does an excellent job here. The bedrooms are spacious and that large king sized bed is very comfortable. The bathroom- This has to be one of the best bathrooms I have been in while on vacation. The large marble tub was awesome. The sink had gold finishing and marble counter. The hotel itself is very modern and looks the way a 5 star hotel should look. The front desk staff were terrific and when I presented them with my airport return voucher from Viator, they made the call for my return transport. When it was time for me to leave and meet my friends at the airport, it was not the airport van that dropped us off at hotel David in the beginning of our trip. Instead, the hotel staff had a limo pick me up without any additional fees. Simply awesome! The hotel is located right around the corner from Wenceslas Square and some of the best restaurants in the city. You can walk all around Prague from this hotel. I also loved the breakfast in the morning before leaving for the airport. They have a computer in the lobby for getting onto the internet. Just like Prague itself, the hotel was truly a 5 star experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo