“Excellent hotel with loads of character”
Review of Unitas Hotel

Unitas Hotel
Ranked #7 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights on the recommendation of a friend who is from Prague. The Unitas is a superb hotel.

It is located down a quite, safe side street and is a few minutes walk from all of the major sights. There are many bars, restaurants and shops within a five minute walk but the hotel itself is very quiet and peaceful.

All of the staff were polite, efficient and friendly. There is a comfortable lobby area with drinks available, a DVD and book library, and an internet enabled computer. Our room was very spacious and light, with a comfortable bed, minibar, desk and TV. The bathroom was well equipped with a powerful shower and large bath.

The hotel is quite large - it was a long walk from our room to the breakfast room - but there are interesting artworks on the walls and each floor has a 'tea and coffee station' with seats, magazines, instant coffee, teabags etc.

We would definitely recommend the Unitas to people visiting Prague.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mxlondon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed 10 May 2011

The Unitas hotel is in a perfect location within walking distance of all the attractions yet not itself surrounded by crowds. Without exception the staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is first class with a wide range on the buffet as well as an a la carte with with one item included in the overnight price price. Our room was spacious and the shower room large warm and comfortable. The information available at recemption was good and you can buy Prague transport tickets there. This hotel helped to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnandTuula
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was a brilliant choice of hotel, many thanks to previous reviewers’ comments on the TripAdvisor website. I was a bit uncertain about the location, but it turned out to be well situated a half-hour’s relaxed walk with my luggage from the main train station. It’s close to the river, and all the main attractions are within walking distance, especially in Stare Mesto and Mala Strana, but Prague is a dense city and much more of it is accessible on foot than I had guessed by looking at the map. My lovely, large, high-ceilinged room was tastefully decorated, airy and light, with tall windows overlooking the quiet street and a large, well-designed bathroom. The hotel staff were consistently friendly and helpful, going out of their way to answer my many questions. Breakfasts at the hotel exceeded all expectations, even after reading the very positive comments in other reviews - the food, service, decor and music equal to any fine restaurant, and it was never overcrowded. I was able to borrow DVDs to play in my room and check my email on the computer in the library. I can fault nothing whatsoever about this charming and historic hotel. I spent ages comparing many Prague hotels on the internet, and it turned out to be time well spent. I can’t thank the staff at Unitas enough for making my stay in their exquisite city so pleasant and relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank scoutsilver
Reviewed 28 April 2011

One of the quietest hotels - central but opposite a police station (no sirens during stay) so all very orderly and safe. Breakfast excellent - ask for the ham&eggs a la carte (included in price) rather than pick from hot selection. Tea and coffee station not well stocked - but as hotels rarely offer drinks exactly as you want them just remember a supply of your favourite tea bags and no problem. I personally hate thick plastic/rubber sheets covering mattress marginally more than I hate sleeping on a slightly soiled mattress.. a real problem for overheating at night for the older woman especially.. not sure what the answer is - but additional blankets in the wardrobe could be used to buffer the clamminess this arrangement induces I guess. large rooms. Very spacious. Former secret police headquarters / convent - rich history! Great value. Friendly / efficient staff. Reasonable bar prices.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Thank you fellow trip advisor travelers who recommend this hotel to me. I highly recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
The price I paid was not much compared to what I got. The rooms are large, beds comfortable, wireless internet, large bathroom with tub. Lots of nice amenities, soaps, lotion, hair dryer, safe for valuables, mini bar.
Included in the price was a breakfast buffet. This, seriously, was the best breakfast I have EVER had traveling. The foods includes eggs, all types of meats, cheeses, cereals, juices, breads, crepes....you wanted for nothing. The coffee was great too. The waitress refilled my coffee without asking. BTW, she works really hard and I recommend you leave a euro or two on the table for her.
Anyway, the hotel is centrally located. The front desk provided a map and we walked to the sites we wanted to see. We came into Prague from Berlin, via train. Took the tram to a street near hotel. It was pretty easy. Just check with the information booth at the train station. Czech is not on Euros, so we bought crowns ($$) before arriving. We ordered them from B of A here in the states.

The only bad (mildly bad) comment I have is about a crumby front desk clerk by the name of Tereza. Avoid her if at all possible. She was really, really rude to me. People like that should not be the face of the hotel. I did let management know.

But overall, I would definitely go back and I recommend Unitas highly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trish O
Reviewed 7 April 2011

After a long flight, it was such a nice surprise to receive gracious hospitality upon arrival to the Unitas Hotel. Room 333 was quiet and well appointed. I loved it here. Can't really say anything more than what other reviewers have commented on. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2011

You will enjoy this place! Excellent location, clean, friendly

• Stayed: April 2011