“Perfect stay in Prague. Huge rooms with thick walls in what used to be a convent. Impeccably clean, wonderful staff, breakfasts,”
Review of Unitas Hotel

Unitas Hotel
Ranked #9 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Istanbul
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

What a gem? I can't recommend this enough as being a very unique and comfortable stay in old town Prague.
We just adored the old huge rooms fitted out with everything modern.
Attention to detail in everything and service wad perfect. Why stay in a 5-star hotel replicated in every city in the world when you can stay somewhere like Unitas?

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

After a few nights in a global brand hotel in Germany, we were blown away by the sheer size of our room as we walked into Unitas. Furnishing is a bit pine oriented, but it's all very clean and functional and there's more than enough room to live comfortably. Breakfast was very good, and you get to wander the corridors for hours getting to the breakfast room. When you hit the sunroom with the grand piano in it, you're almost there. The staff are very friendly but not intrusive - overall a very positive part of our visit to Prague.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grahamew
Bisamberg
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Former convent is now a super modern hotel. Location at the fringe of old town - far enough from the noise and crowds there, but in close walking distance (5-8 minutes to the main square of old Prague). Close also to a metro station, so all the sights of Prague are within easy reach.
Rooms and bathrooms elegant with modern furniture without the extravagances of so-called designer hotels (like bath tub in the sleeping room). Very good beds. Rooms towards the courtyard are so quiet that you can sleep with windows open.
Breakfast superb! Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel also organises taxi transport to airport, train station and other places for fixed prices which avoids being cheated by the taxi drivers - a common phenomenon in this city.
Parking places available in courtyard. Reservation recommended.
All in all also an excellent price-quality ratio. In my opinion: Difficult to find a better place in Prague

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Manfred G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed at Unitas with my wife from Aug 25 to 29. I based my decision solely on the TA reviews. It was the best decision I made. What a wonderful find. Huge rooms, massive bathroom, clean, neat, great staff and an amazing breakfast! A quiet street, but nothing to be worried about as its got a police station there right in front. We couldn't have felt safer. A short walk to the Tram No 22 which goes to all the major sights, Tram No 9 that goes directly to the main Train station, a mini mart next door, a huge supermarket a few minutes away, a great pub 'U Medividu' close by. You will not be disappointed.

I will go back to Unitas when I visit Prague again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjdmello
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 31 Aug - 3 Sept 2012 while visiting Prague for the first time. I found this hotel to be a real gem in the middle of old town Prague. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always greeted me with a smile. For it's central location I found the hotel very quite and yet within walking distance to all the major attractions (Charles Bridge, Powder Gate, the Astronomical Clock, etc...). I guarantee that anyone staying at this hotel will not be disappointed. I especially like not having to worry about my care in their safe secure parking within the hotels gated and locked courtyard and I also like coming back from walking all day in the city and having free snacks/sweets and refreshments waiting for me in the lobby upon my return. I will definitely be returning to Prague and when I do, I will be staying at the Unitas Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed a couple of nights and chose Unitas based on TA reviews. Was not disappointed in the slightest.

The room and bathroom were fine - simply furnished to the point of austere but I think anyoine who spends a second longer than necessary in their room in Prague has their priorities wrong!

I asked for a quiet room, but once I appreciated the layout of the hotel, realised that this was a silly request. Very solid walls and inward facing rooms mean it was always very quiet. Aircon worked well, as did free wi-fi.

Location - as others have mentioned, the street itself has a somewhat unwelcoming feel to it, but with a row of police cars parked nearly opposite the hotel, there's not a worry. You are 5 mins from the old part of town, 10 mins to the Charles Bridge (both level) and a 40 minute brisk walk to the Castle (not so level !).

I don't normally make an issue out of hotel breakfasts but will do so here. Possibly one of the best ones ever! Varied and deliceous buffet - and included in the room price.

Unitas definitely deserves its ranking - should go higher.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael076
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I have to tell you that this is a great place to stay. Our room was very spacious and so was the bathroom. Had a great old world charm. While we didn't use any of the minibar items, we were tempted because they were pretty reasonably priced. But there is a convenience store right around the corner. I really appreciate rooms with a personal safe and ours had one big enough to hold our laptops and cameras. Another thing that was awesome was we had complete control of the temperature in the room. As others have said, the breakfast was included in the price and was outstanding. And speaking of price, other hotels in Prague that rank this high are not going to be as reasonable. I have only read two negative reviews on this place. One was an isolated incident about breakfast and the other was about it being in a dark scary location. True the lighting is not the best on that road. But it is a very short walk and right across from the police station. Not a big deal. I did get a kick out of the manager's responses to the negative reviews. Not sure I would have responded that way. But the desk staff was awesome. I would stay here again. Oh, forgot to mention, The room was super clean. I was amazed how spotless and shiny the shower was.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple