Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (At the Three Ostriches)
US$196
Agoda.com
US$151
US$138
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftcharles bridgegreat locationfirst floorcharming hotelnoisy at nightair conditioningsmall rooma wonderful staytop floorcentral locationbreakfast buffetvisit praguebooked this hotelbeautiful cityromananoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our second visit to Prague. The first time we stayed 3 metro stops away from the center and when we returned we decided to get a hotel in the center. I knew this hotel from the first visit and its location at the foot of Charles bridge was the main reason for choosing it. It's a historical building, very very old, so complaints about it not having an elevator are not justified as probably the building structure won't allow building it. Here you are in the heart of Prague. If you need a short stop during the day you can easily return to the hotel as it's close to everything. Rooms are clean, wi-fi connection working on all floors, in the night is not noisy. The painted ceiling has it's special charm, we had one, but I heard not all rooms have a painted ceiling.
Breakfast is continental with various things to choose from.
There is an outside parking but we just dropped our luggage and then parked in an underground paid parking. If returning to Prague we will probably return here, it's more expensive but everything interesting is within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catrinel P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We visited Prague for a week and stayed here the entire time. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Plus, not only is it in a perfect location regarding the Charles Bridge but the tram stop and metro station are really close so getting around the city was very easy. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. We had three rooms, the apartment on the 1st floor and 2 rooms with a view on the third floor (we were a party of 5) and all of the rooms were great. Even when we were resting we could look out the windows and people watch so we never felt like we were wasting time. The only thing I want to mention is that you need to honestly ask yourself, before booking, if noise will bother you. When a hotel is in such a prime place, there is street noise. If you think it will disturb you, perhaps the rooms towards the back of the hotel would be better because the Charles Bridge is a busy place. I asked myself this question before booking and decided that I would be able to accept noise from the bridge, and I did, and I am happy. But if noise will bother you, request rooms not facing the bridge. You'll still be in a great location but you won't overlook the bridge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

There simply cannot be a better located hotel in Prague old city .. Just beneath the Charles Bridge.. Rooms are pretty good .. Though not modern .. But I enjoyed staying there to the hilt.. The receptionist and the service people were very helpful as well!! They helped me with the itinerary, taxi, and all that I asked for.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank travindian
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We couldn't have had a better location in Prague. This hotel is right on the end of the Charles Bridge, right beside it, making it very convenient to get to either side of the city, yet you are right there on the lesser town side.
The staff is very friendly, and helpful. There is a wonderful area on the second floor that has a warm beverage machine for Tea, Coffee, etc and a table so that you can use your laptop if needed.
Breakfast was wonderful, their restaurant did a really good job on this.

Our room was level with the Bridge so it was a tad bit noisy when the windows were open, and our room was no frills which was fine with us, although their website declares many ornate rooms, including the ceilings. Ours was not one of those.

There is not an elevator and one must remember if you are American, that Europeans do not count the ground floor. Remember this when booking your room or you could possibly climb tons of stairs.
We recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms that are street side of the Charles Bridge have a lovely view.....but tend to be noisy with the foot traffic on the Bridge. Especially when your windows are open.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dejemahan
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Right next to the Charles bridge! A wonderful location in fact it was excellent. Not only is it enjoyable, it makes it easy to orient yourself when navigating back to your hotel after being out all day!

A wonderful welcome by the staff which added to the warmth of my visit. The complimentary champagne and chocs went down well! The staff was friendly and very informative.

The room was medium size and furnished period style. It was clean, comfortable and functional. I had a great view of the bridge from my room.

The hotel offered a good breakfast with a wide variety to select from.
Good WiFi which I really needed.

They also offer a taxi service which I would recommend using. In fact I would arrange taxi service via the hotel both arriving and departing. It is more cost effective than getting one on your own even if you get one from the train station.

The only downside is that there is not an elevator.

I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo