“excellent hotel and great location”

Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague
Ranked #103 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Celebrating our anniversary and requested a room with a view. The hotel gave us an amazing room with the view of the river, the palace, a park and mountain views. The room was very spacious and modern decor with skylights that open with 2 televisions. More than we expected and well worth the money. the location was perfect away from the crowds but still an easy walk to get to the tourist spots. One has to walk to enjoy the city and it's scenery/culture. Best time to see Prague as the fall colors change.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague

Reviewed 9 November 2011

From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I was truly impressed with the quality of this hotel.

The reception staff are excellent multi-taskers and genuinely friendly people. The same is true of the rest of the staff I encountered throughout my stay. The food at the hotel was great, the room was superb (even without the river view) and quiet.

The location was central yet peaceful - the Cafe Savoy was only a brisk 10 minute stroll away, for example. I was within walking distance of a large shopping mall and the driver of the hotel car took me on a great tour of the surrounding area which helped me get my bearings.

When I had trouble sleeping due to a nagging cough, not only did they go to the pharmacy for me, but also found a great doctor not too far away and called ahead to ensure I'd be able to see him and that he spoke fluent English.

The breakfast was excellent, though I only enjoyed it one morning. It was a pleasant change to check into a room as a lone traveler and not have to try and sleep on a twin bed, something all-too-common in Europe.

Truly, I can't say enough positive things about the hotel. It was difficult to leave.

I am planning to return soon, and look forward to my next stay at the Riverside.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jesse G
Reviewed 30 October 2011

On arriving at this pretty hotel, my heart sunk as we were assigned a room on the first floor, closest to reception. Since we booked through Hotwire, I sucked-it-up and did not request a better room assignment. It was not that the room was on the main corridor, but believe it or not either side of our door was flanked by chairs and a table. Encouraging guests to sit immediately outside our room (during a convention) was not very considerate. However, the secret to any good hotel stay is a good set of earplugs... so this did not bother us in the least. I'm sure other guests would not be so happy with this setup.

Now for the room... this first floor room has a perfect and modern bathroom, full of eco toiletries and a modern tub-shower combo and heated floor. The closet is the largest I've had in any hotel, with lots of his and her hanging space as well as shelving. There was not a lot of space around the sides of the bed, but each side had a night table and lighting controls for the whole room. Good TV, writing desk, chair and valet stand completed the wall at the end of the bed. I loved the large window with floor to ceiling drapes and the super-high ceiling which made the room very spacious feeling, yet still warm and comfortable.

Our three night stay was fantastic, and we grew to enjoy being on the first floor and the convenience of coming and going from the hotel without stairs or elevators.

Our rate did not include breakfast, so we headed to the Savoy a few blocks away each morning for a fantastic breakfast in a beautiful historic cafe (do go read the reviews for it). A cheaper option is to go to "Paul" which is right by the mall, for FANTASTIC pastries, and a good (large) cup of coffee or a latte (but you eat standing up at a high table, there is no seating).

As much as I loved our room, for our short trip I would have preferred something more central to what we were planning to explore (Castle District and Old Town). To get anywhere (a meal, the mall or transportation) was always 10-15 minutes walk, which will actually seem like a long time when you've already been pounding the cobbled streets for hours. Still, this is a very nice choice, and for the price was a bargain.

2  Thank epicureangirl
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Recently stayed at the riverside hotel, having booked for 3 nights for my partner's 30th Birthday. On arrival we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff who got us checked-in very quickly. The room had a nice view of the Vltava river and the hotel had laid on a complementary bottle of champaigne as a Birthday treat!
Although just outside the 5 main quarters, the hotel is located in walking distance to Charles bridge and new and old towns. Good food and bars can also be found within 10 mins walking. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the Superior (view of river)
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I booked a long weekend trip with my wife. A birthday celebration.

I emailed the hotel after we booked to ask about transfers and was offered a transfer by the hotel for 30 Euro.

We were met at the airport, very nice Gentleman, who also gave us some background to the area as we drove to the hotel. Had room 303 with a river view. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to Charles Bridge.

The standard in the hotel was very good and they could not be more helpful. Very good breakfast and small bistro bar, ideal for the final coffee / cognac.

The staff gave us some great suggestions:

Walk 10 minutes along the main road to a junction - The Savoy - bar / Bistro - was a great place to check our plans for the day.

We walked all over Prague, it was perfect to walk across Charles Bridge to the Main Square, Jewish Quarter etc. Prague is a very nice place with lots of history. The hotel is a on the river a small walk away from the main areas, but I prefer this. I would certainly recommend this hotel, the attention to detail and genuine desire to assist really came across. They should be congratulated on providing such service.

We booked a segway tour for two - pargueonsegway.com. We met Honza ( I recall Honda with a Z!) It is outside the American Embassy.

Oh yes, almost forgot, we slipped into the Alchemist Hotel, they have a coffee house there that serves the most incredible cakes!!

Don't be alarmed it was great fun and after our trip of 3 hours, we new all about Prague from a local person who was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to spend time with. We did not want to end our segway experience. Everyone -- have a go!!

3 great restaurants which I will leave reports for, but one I only visted for a quick coffee and apple strudel was The Phenix cafe restaurant in the last hour of our trip. Well worth a visit for my next trip.

We went to The Castle - full day, very interesting

The hotel arranged to meet us for the return journey close to the town square, so we could enjoy our last morning

A great weekend

Room Tip: 303 River view room
1  Thank AJHagley
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Pros – Location, décor, staff, room, bed
Cons – No sauna/wellness, limited (semi-secure) parking at a price, no wifi in room (although there is cable access)

Beautiful hotel in great riverside location within easy reach of the center. Michaela looked after us at reception and we checked into room 305, which had truly amazing views of the river from both the balcony and side window. If you need to feel the romance that the city can offer, you can do this sipping your tea on the balcony whilst absorbing the views.

On arrival there was no secure parking other than in front of the hotel in view of the cameras for €15.00. We parked on the other side of the hotel, which was for free along with plenty of other cars in a well lit street and within 30 seconds walk of the entrance.

Our room had everything you would expect. Mini bar, safe, slippers, bathrobes, cable TV, internet connection, hairdryer etc etc. The room was beautifully warm and the bed/bedding was perfect for a great nights sleep. I woke up Sunday morning and just wanted to stay in bed rather than checking out.

The location is great as you don’t get the noise of the city and yet it’s a 5 to 7 minute walk over a bridge to get to the nearest tube/metro station. A taxi back from the city after mid-night was 200kc (about £7.50).

Overall a fantastic hotel with character for the pleasure traveler.

1  Thank Petegaff
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Nice hotel.clean and modern room.Staff are friendly.Good breakfast but in a small dining room.
Quiet location.About 20 minute walking to Old town. or you can cross the bridge 5 minutes walking and take the tram.If you really want to be in the center of everything, then it's not the choice for you.
If you appreciate quietness and don't mind to walk a little bit you will enjoy staying there.
They have nice and small restaurant with few tables.Not the typical 5 star hotel in terms of amenities
but overall charming.Next time i may choose to stay in a different hotel in more central location.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple