We had never been to Prague before and relied on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We arrived at the Main Train Station and had already booked the Hotel Car (350 CZK = about 8 GBP). The driver met us at the station as arranged and escorted us in a limousine to the hotel. We were very pleased with the welcome from the staff and the map and directions they gave us to find the sights. We even booked the PRAGUE ALL INCLUSIVE 6hr walking tour (including boat trip and meal). The hotel is on a main road, but the double windows with a 20 cm gap between the windows meant that we didn´t hear any noise at all. Room was clean, elegant and had tea making facilities, TV, good shower and made our stay very enjoyable. On our departure day the staff were able to look after our luggage while we used the remaining morning to sightsee until our return train to Bratislava.
I´m English and my wife is Spanish and we both really loved the hotel - it is only 10-15 minutes walk to The Charles Bridge and far away enough from the amazingly busy narrow streets of the Lesser Town. It didn´t matter whether it was 10am or midnight, the narrow streets near The Astronomical Clock and Charles Bridge were constantly busy. We thought that this was just because were were there in August - but our guide told us that it is like this ALL year round.
Highly recomend the 6 hours walking tour - cost was 1200 CZK each person, but well worth it as it included a boat trip and a meal and beer in an underground restaurant.
Great to stop at a pavement cafe and watch the world walk by.
Excellent Hotel Car (for a small fee)
Friendly Staff able to speak very good English
Quiet Modern Boutique Hotel decor
Didn't try the hotel breakfast as we had our own ! The room had tea and coffee making facilities and a good TV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located and boasting award-winning Art Nouveau-style design, the upscale Mamaison Boutique Hotel Riverside Prague provides ideal accommodation for both leisure and business travellers in the trendy Smichov district of Prague. Charming and sophisticated, Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague enjoys close connections to the city’s business districts, the airport and its main cultural attractions. With elegant accommodation, views and top facilities, the hotel offers fantastic rates for city stays in stylish and historic surroundings, making it one of the most charming boutique hotels in Prague and number one for your Prague hotel reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Riverside Prague
- Prague Mamaison Riverside Hotel