“Bath towel with holes”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #39 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 24 Jan to 28 Jan 2012.

We arrived at around 9pm and check with the hotel whether the restuarant open for dinner, the staff just replied no and we were also not told where to go for dinner.
The housekeeping instead of replenished the shower foam, she replenished the shampoo twice..
The service was bad!

The hotel bath towels in our room are worn out, with holes on it!!
This is the first time we have worn towels after staying in so many hotels, this is not
acceptable!!

Photo on hotel towel with holes :

2  Thank usdisney
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your feedback. Let me sincerely apologize for what happened during your stay.

All your remarks were immediately taken into account by Housekeeping Management. All the towels in the hotel were checked. We will make sure an omission like that will not happen again.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel Josef!

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,566)

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and could not have been happier with the choice. From check in to check out the staff were all friendly, helpful, and attentive. The room, in fact the whole hotel was SPOTLESS, which is a major + by me! The breakfast had great hours - didn't end til 11 or 11:30, and goes later on the weekend. The breakfast itself was fantastic. There is a regular buffet with all of your usual items (cereals, fruit, eggs, cheeses, breads). There is also a dessert table. AND there is a menu with daily specials and custom breakfasts! Finally - location, location, location - Hotel Josef is in a great location! Just a short walk to all parts of the city - the Old City, the Charles Bridge, the Main Square. Thanks to the staff there for maintaing such a high quality hotel. We will definitely see you on any return trips to Prague!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

let me kindly thank you for such a great feedback! All our staff is happy to know you had a great time at Hotel Josef.
We truly believe that a plentiful breakfast is a great way to start your day. And it is always a pleasure to treat yourself to some brunch during the weekend.

Our team is looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've stayed in the Josef on several different occasions and I didn't hesitate to chose it again for a trip to Prague I undertook in October 2011. The hotel itself was as good as ever however there were a couple of problems with this trip.

First of all I arrived late on a Friday night only to be told that "sorry, there is a problem with your room" which is hotel speak for "as you've already paid for your room at a reduced rate we have sold it again at a higher price" and I was told I would have to go to the Grand Hotel Bohemia for the first night of my stay and that one of their drivers would take me there. Reluctantly I agreed and was taken to the other hotel (see seperate review) and herein lies the second problem.

As it was quite late, and not knowing where this other hotel was, I asked the driver to take me to U Vejvodu as I knew that would be open at this time of night to get something to eat. As it turned out the Grand Hotel Bohemia is only 200 metres away from the Hotel Josef and the driver when taking me to the pub for food took an extremely lengthy route and upon arrival insited on charging me 400Kc for it. A complete rip off and although the driver was very charming and talkative I was not impressed by this at all. It got my trip off to a bad start and has slightly tainted my view of the Josef.

Other than that, when I did finally get to check in everything went smoothly and I was offered a free breakfast for the rest of my stay to compensate for not being able to stay there the first night. The room was big and comfortable although I wasn't to keen on the raised glass bathroom bit as opposed to the more traditional bathrooms I've seen in other Josef rooms.

I'd still recommend it though, just stay clear of their in house driving service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - these usually cost more, but you might get one for a standard price...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Drake_Sheldon
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking time to write a review.

Let me apologize for what happened during your stay. Undoubtedly the driver made a mistake, charging you, and we are truly sorry for that.

I hope you have enjoyed the rest of your stay in Josef. We are truly looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

hotel josef was an outstanding experience of pampering service. - polite, smiling and efficient staff added to top even the perfect location of the hotel in the city-centre.
use their limo-offers - a worthy add-on for very fair rates compared to the normal taxis.
breakfast was very good, maybe they could improve on the selection of cheese and the quality of coffee served at breakfast. but otherwise all was splendid.
coffee in the lobby was of hgihgest quality :-)

1  Thank Sugharian

Dear Valued Guest,

let me thank you for such a constructive review! It is a pleasure to know you have enjoyed your stay, and so kindly mention the staff and the hotel car service.

Thank you for the remark concerning cheese and coffee. We are already working on this issue.
I hope you will enjoy the changes next time we see you in Hotel Josef!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at the hotel josef for a long weekend to celebrate my partners 30th. After booking the hotel I emailed their concierge to let them know it was my partners birthday and to see if there was any restaurants they could suggest. They were more then helpful and on arrival they had placed champagne, chocolates and a cake with candles in our room, my partner was really chuffed.
The rooms are lovely and clean, also very quiet. The breakfast was very tasty and lots to choose from. The location is good and close to the old square, we walked everywhere.
One night we decided to stay in our room and hire one of their DVDs, we were very suprised when the lady from reception brought us up a big bowl of popcorn. We thought this was really lovely and thoughtful.
Overall we were more then happy with everything about the hotel but the staff really were outstanding. They were always so helpful and friendly and we liked all the little added touches that made us feel really special. I would definately reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Hollie,

thank you for a great feedback! It truly is a pleasure to know you enjoyed celebrating your partner's birthday, and had a great time in Prague.

All our staff is happy you appreciated breakfast, the service, and those little touches you are mentioning in your review.

We are looking forward to your next stay in Hotel Josef!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at the Josef for four nights and have no complaints about this hotel. Our room was spacious, spotless and had everything that we needed. As many have said, the Aveda toiletries were a nice touch and there is a really powerful shower in the bathroom.
We took advantage of the sauna which is brilliant, you need to book an hour in advance but it's worth it with bottled water and robes provided.
We didn't sample the hotel breakfast as at 500czk per person it seemed a little steep and there are many local cafes and bakeries that offer substantial tastey breakfasts for much less (highly recommend the Bakeshop and Bohemia Bagel).
The location of this hotel is fantastic, 5 minutes walk to the Old Town square and many bars and restaurants on the way. It's a great base to explore Prague city centre. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a see through bathroom, it's quite cool!
1  Thank Luizeph
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your great feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.
Now that winter is upon us, it is especially nice to take our complimentaru sauna. And maybe some contrast shower afterwords, if you are into a bit of extreme.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel Josef!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Wonderful breakfasts with attentive and friendly staff.
Short walk to old town square and tourist sights.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your response, mentioning the staff and the breakfast.
We look forward to seeing you again!