Design Hotel Josef Prague
US$109
US$95
US$93
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$140
US$323
US$265
Preferred Hotels
US$71
2,625 results
All reviewsglass bathroomold town squareorange housenespresso machinejewish quartersuperior roomsister hotelrooms are modernloved this hotelexcellent hotelfresh fruitperfect locationbreakfast buffetbreakfast was amazingcar servicethe main squarequiet street
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Close to everything.

Great Hotel, great service. I was very glad to pick this Hotel. Contermporany in the middle of historical center.

They said Wi Fi only in the lobby but for me was Wi Fi in the room only.

Chick Hotel

Room Tip: Excellent Loaction. Close to every turist area. Great personel. Just a great Hotel!!! I give avarage review to the Swimming pool and spa because I did not use it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
HotelJosef, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Juan E T,

thank you very much for your comment! We are very happy to hear that you were happy at Hotel Josef and enjoyed the service we provided.

At Josef we have free wifi everywhere in the hotel, however for security reasons the network in the lobby has a different name to the one in the room.

All the best from Prague and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Pros:
- good location (3 minutes walk from metro)
- strong WiFi signal (in all areas, including the room)
- Bose iPod docking station in the room (upon request)
- at breakfast you have products and equpiment to make your own smoothie, shake (e.g. banana, watermelon, etc.), or juice (e.g. carrot, cuecumber, etc.)
- some fitness equipment can be borrowed in room (upon request)
- small gym, small sauna

Cons:
- no bath tub in the room (but there is a good shower)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear elodTlv,

thank you very much for your nice comment on Tripadvisor! We were all very happy to read that there were many points you enjoyed about your stay.

Hotel Josef has rooms with walk in showers and with bath tubs. We have these different rooms to try to make sure everyone gets a bathroom according to their preference. In order to arrange this, it's best to book directly with our reservations team or speak to the staff at reception.

All the best from Prague

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Well another day another hotel and trip on my mini-EU tour. So to give you a bit of insight into the title of this review - I booked 3 nights in Praha and as soon as I arrived to Hotel Josef (not late in the evening in fact it was 11 am during the day time) I was told initially that the was a heating problem and that they would need to shift me to a sister property that was literally a 3 min walk away. Okay....I was like now I know that is a lie - you oversold the hotel and therefore are shifting me. I did not read this piece previously on another reviewers feedback but that is in fact what they do....

So off I went with the nice concierge guy, Mohammed, to Maximillian. From the outside and lobby Maximillian looks just fine. However, all comparisons to Hotel Josef stop right there (I am going to review the Maximillian in another post). Suffice it to say - stay far away from the Maximillian!!

In fact, I first thought of not moving back to the Josef but since I need to work out everyday I made it a point to ask if there was a gym at the Maximilian-thankfully they said well you can Go to our sister property....um not in -10 degree weather am I sweating up a storm than coming back in frigid weather to get sick. Ultimately,, this was a blessing in disguise!

Back to the Josef, when I arrived back the next day approximately 9:30 am was told that a room was not ready and I would have to wait approximately 1 hour. Okay fine, I will do some browsing And reading / work. Again, the super nice Mohammed came by to ask if I wanted a free cappuccino or some other beverage. About an hour and half went by and I noticed another guest who came in after me was specifically approached and given his key - not me! Wait a minute here! I had to go back up and ask and the same girl was like oh yes here you go. This was the same lady that I dealt with twice before so do expect a bit of extra care... At this point you must be thinking why am I giving Hotel Josef a very good rating - simply put from this point forward the Hotel Josef sparkles for its modern and immaculate interior, location, value for price and amenities. I say go ahead and book and enjoy- just make sure you don't get shifted to the Maximilian! The only redeemer at the Maximilian is the Planet Zen Spa - amazing massage services!

The breakfast is great and buffet style. When I finally got to my room and came back there was a complimentary bottle of wine and almonds. The rooms are hip and freshly decorated - bright and clean! The work out room is great with free water and vita water and all the normal work out amenities. The business center provides all the essentials with 4 Apple desktops for you to browse and so any Internet work you need. There is complimentary wifi in your room and lobby. They even have a car service for approximately 800CZK (~40 USD, reasonable since it is a 30 minute drive to the city center of Praha). On my trip in it was about 700 CZK so of course you can call the local taxi service but for me reliability and peace of mind is key. I had a very early AM flight at 6 am to Zurich so wanted to have a reliable service and they can add It to your bill versus cash/credit card). All sites are very close from Josef 5-10 minute walk.

I highly recommend the Josef but NOT the Maximilian (for detailed feedback on Max,please my post under reviews for that hotel).

Enjoy Praha - lovely little quaint city!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
HotelJosef, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear JamieN_Global_Sole

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback about your stay at Hotel Josef and Maximilian Hotel. We really appreciate your points and are glad you returned to Josef and enjoyed your stay with us.

It is also great that you liked the room we chose for you. To apologise for the inconvenience, we allocated one of our city view rooms for you and this is why it took a bit longer for the room to be ready.

Thank you for pointing out Mohammed’s service. He was very proud to read his name on Tripadvisor!

All the best from Prague

Reviewed 26 January 2013

First trip to Prague and Hotel Josef proved to be a great place to stay! 5 min walk to Palladium Mall(Czech Republics biggest shopping center), 5 min walk to Old Town Square, police station couple doors down! Extremely accommodating at the front desk-helped us out ALOT. Clean,modern,minimalistic room with comfy beds and duvets. Great price and had good view of the entire street from our room. Definitely recommend it. Only issues we had were the coffee not being restocked in room (which was rectified very quickly),and the parking attendant parked someone elses car BEHIND ours in the underground garage-so we were blocked in and delayed 30 min until they moved the other vehicle.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 1158-dm,

Thank you for your nice comment! We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Hotel Josef and that you liked the location and the service we provided.

Thank you also for pointing out the minor issues you had, this feedback is important to us and helps us to improve our service.

Kind regards from Prague

Reviewed 26 January 2013

My wife and I were there for 10 days after Christmas. We had a nice room facing the old town. The location of Josef is perfect, within walking distance of the main attractions in magnificent Prague.
The only thing I didn´t like about the Josef was the name of a drink they offer in the bar: The name of the drink is INCA, and the base of the drink is TEQUILA. I´m a proud Mexican, and I spend alot of time teaching people that México is more or less 8,000 kms away of Perú. The Aztecs were the last pre-hispanic civilization in México, and the Incas their equivalents in Perú. Also, México is in North America and Perú is in South America, the same continent yes, but with the equator in between, and of course the one and only real TEQUILA is 101% MEXICAN!

Room Tip: If you can choose a room with view of the old town, will be nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ZopiloteMojado,

thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Josef on Tripadvisor. We really enjoyed having you and your wife staying with us and hope you have many good memories of your time at Josef and in Prague.
After you pointed out the incorrect cocktail name during check out, we changed it and it is now renamed Aztec, as you suggested!

Kind regards