“Fantastic”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #39 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel Josef is located at a near perfect location. Old town square is just a short walk away. two subway metro stations near by along with a supermarket for your daily cheaper grocery needs. Wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon.

The bed was comfortable. The electronic controlled shades were convenient and the balcony added some romance. The fully stocked bathroom in our room were beautiful and clean. The staffs were super friendly and helpful, ready for any questions asked.

We enjoyed the breakfast that came with our room every morning and the high tech iMacs in the business center along with printers when the internet task is too much from our iPhones with their free Wifi.

We would def. stay here again when we return to Prague.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frank L
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Frank L,

We would like to thank you for posting your nice feedback, as well as for having chosen Hotel Josef for your stay in Prague for such a special occasion as your honeymoon.
Your review captured so much about our location, amenities and our staff - it was great to hear how much you appreciated so many aspects here.
We hope to see you again soon!

Andrea Jarvas

Write a ReviewReviews (2,579)

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel is very well located, 3 minutes walking to the City hall. It's quite and modern with a beautiful design. The breakfasts have a huge variety and also quality. My room, number 802, which has an small terrace, has an incredible view of many monuments and it is also very sunny.

The workers of the hotel are very friendly. The transfer that I booked there worked perfectly. Thank you Thomas, for the transfer (you made the way to the hotel and the way back to the airport a good time). The congierge gave me good choices for the cultural events.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Este hotel está muy bien situado, a 3 minutos andando del ayuntamiento. Es tranquilo y moderno con un diseño muy cuidado. Los desayunos tienen una oferta muy variada y con una calidad fantástica. Mi habitación, la 802, que tiene una pequeña terraza, tiene una vista increíble de muchos monumentos. También es una estancia luminosa.

Los empleados del hotel son muy amables. El traslado aeropuerto-hotel y hotel-aeropuerto que contraté con ellos funcionó a la perfección. La congierge me dio buenas opciones de la oferta cultural.

Recomiendo este hotel plenamente convencida por mi experiencia personal.

Room Tip: The suites of 8th floor have the most amazing views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear stephgalan,

Please allow us to thank you for such nice feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Josef, we were all really happy to read your kind review.
We are delighted to know that you liked the service we provided you with, and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Attractive and modern, the staff is certainly perfect, and so caring and helpful. The manager is to be congratulated in all ways, even though we did not meet her/him.

My wife lost her credit cards and Yana at the desk was wonderful in calling the US for us so we could cancel. Cheerful, patient, and supportive, she saved our time in Prague.

Miki was terrific in finding entertainment, things to do, and arranging tickets. She spent a lot of time with us.

We have been to 40 countries and the Hotel Josef has the best breakfast of any, including Shangri-La's in Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore. Great buffet and they will cook

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allen_10030
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear allen_10030,

We were delighted to read your gorgeous review, thank you for taking the time to write and post it on our TripAdvisor page.
We really appreciate your nice recognition of our staff for their efforts in making you feel welcomed and for providing you with helpful service - it is great motivation to all of us to know that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay here.
We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at this gorgeous hotel a couple of weeks ago. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. The front desk staff gave a lot of information on where to go and what to do. I liked that they made an effort to get to know what we typically liked to do before giving us advice-showed that they were genuine. The concierge was fabulous as well and directed us to one of the best meals that I had on my enitre Euro trip and you should all go! The restaurant was called 'School'.

Yummy breakfast, clean rooms, helpful & attentive staff = would definitely stay here again! Oh and I had the best sleep while staying here!

Room Tip: choose a room facing the courtyard..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear LUV2Travel000,

We would like to thank you for your really nice review and also for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We appreciate your positive comments about our Front Desk Team, and it is great to see how much you enjoyed your stay here. Our Concierge was also really glad to hear that you found her recommendations to your liking.
We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with work. Clean & modern looking hotel with free wi-fi (I really think all hotels should provide this!). I had forgotten my iPhone charger but the hotel had one brought to my room - a great bonus!
The bar is ok but would suggest you head out.
Breakfast is generous and much cooked to order. Would just suggest you get extra toast!! The tea was also bitter if I'm going to put all the negatives!!
Would 100% stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear London_Redstar,

We would like to thank you for your nice review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Josef.
We are really glad that you had a pleasant time here and we truly appreciate your feedback. We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I just returned from a six night stay at this hotel. I booked this hotel based on the reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is conveniently located, nice size rooms and bathroom (with great shower head) and very clean. I found the bed comfortable and the room quiet. The people who work at the hotel speak English very well and are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast spread is wonderful. I also ate a couple of dinenrs at the hotel which were very good. I used the exercise room which includes a couple of bicycles and treadmills and I was the only there all times. I would highly recommend this hotel if you like a boutique type of hotel with a modern style. I had a couple of problems - the light in my room did not work and I had a charge on my bill that was not mine but the hotel staff were very responsive and dealt with both issues quickly. I was travelling by myself and felt very comfortable at this hotel and in the area. It was very easy to walk to the nearby metro stop and there are restaurants in walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Beth00,

We are grateful for your kind feedback; thank you for posting it on our TripAdvisor page, it was really nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Hotel Josef.
We would also like to thank you for highlighting so many features you liked here, and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel was chosen by my company for a company event and it was really a great choice. First of all convenient, you can get to the main spots of the old city in a second.
But staying at the hotel was very good as well. Rooms are spacious enough, nicely furnished and clean. Breakfast is very good, wide choice at the buffet plus dishes they prepare upon request for no extra cost.
Staff very nice and kind, they were helpful and always available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear MichiFa,

Thank you for your nice review and for taking the time to share it with us and other readers on TripAdvisor.
We are really happy to know that you had a pleasant stay here and that you were satisfied with the choice your company made when choosing Hotel Josef.
We hope we will see you again soon!