“Very friendly hotel in great location”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #39 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. The staff cannot do enough to help you. Breakfast is very nice, including a station for making your own fresh juices and smoothies. Easy walk to the old town square and Charles bridge.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Angelique B,

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing it with us! We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef and we look forward to seeing you again.

Andrea Járvás

Write a ReviewReviews (2,593)

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Due to a heating problem my room wasn't available on check in so I was sent to the sister Hotel Maximillian, a few minutes away and offered a complimentary breakfast which was pretty good.

As for the Josef it has a great location about 5 minutes walk form the Old Town and its sites. Service was very good, polite and attentive. The room was a good size with a large and very comfy double bed. It has an (obscured) glass rain shower & loo which I know some people aren't keen on but I rather like as it makes the room seem bigger and lighter. Stylishly fitted out (chrome & glass desk, Ghost chair) with free wifi throughout.

I'd happily stay here again if coming to Prague and would recommend to others who want a good value, stylish and comfy hotel within walking distance of the main sites.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Stuey73,

Many thanks for your kind review regarding Hotel Josef.
We were glad to read that you liked so many aspects of your stay here and we especially appreciate your nice comments about the service our staff provided you with.
We hope to see you again in Prague!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Overall, I'd give the hotel 3.5 stars... I think the hotel is a well kept, modern and clean with staff that are pleasant and helpful. We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of Nov/early Dec. To me, this is not a luxury hotel.

Pros
- Great old town location convenient to everything. You can walk most everywhere; we also used the metro (subway) a few times which is less than 5 minutes walk away.
- Great modern design and very clean.
- *Most* all the staff we came in contact with were very caring and helpful! especially the gentleman that often worked the night shift at the desk.
- Our room had a nice glass bathroom with a cool design.
- Bar service in the lobby was attentive.

Cons
- Housekeeping was a bit stingy when we sought to request more than 3 pillows and 2 bath towels... The pillows were flat (hence we needed more) and the bath towels are quite small, coarse and uncomfortable (hence we needed more than just one). Getting additional towels took repeated requests over 2 days.
- The room decor is modern but a bit too minimalist... There is no dresser or cabinet drawers to unpack... So you must "live out of a suitcase" for 6 days.
- The carpet in our room was worn and stained in a few places... It looked like the cheapest "builders grade" carpet they could find.
- Housekeeping kept the place very clean but seem to do the bare minimum to get their job done.
- The concierge desk in the lobby is in an odd location right next to some of the sofas and chairs in the lounge area. The evenings we sought advice from the concierge I felt like I was "disturbing" the gal... She was mostly helpful but again I got the sense she was not engaged and truly interested in helping us... But instead was just trying to get her job done.

Would I stay here again? Probably so long as the price was right.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank alston1421

Dear alston1421,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write and post your feedback on our TripAdvisor page.
We truly value your honest comments; your review is important to us, because it gives us the opportunity to improve.
We hope that you still had a nice and enjoyable time in Prague.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I travelled to Prague for work and stayed in the Hotel Josef. I was impressed as soon as I walked in, friendly staff, clean and modern. I stayed the orange tower and was really impressed with the room. The bathroom was spacious and had a lovely rain shower. The bed was really comfy and there was also a Nespresso coffee machine in the room! Breakfast was included and was lovely - however I still do not understand why bread is fried! A really good selection which suits everyone. I would recommend this hotel as it's really central, I'm sure I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear jodiehagan101,

Many thanks for your lovely review and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.
We were really glad to hear that you liked so many aspects of your stay at Hotel Josef; it is nice to know that you liked our location, breakfast and your room.
We would be happy to see you again in Prague!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for the first time on a recent business trip to Prague and was very impressed. At first glance of the room it seemed basic and small but actually it had everything I could possibly need, was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great with lots of choice and staff were helpful and polite.Well located and much nicer than some of the bigger 'chain' hotels which lack character and are overpriced. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear BizTravAnd,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us on our TripAdvisor page.
I am pleased to know that your recent stay at Hotel Josef was pleasant, and I am delighted that you liked our breakfast and appreciated the helpful attitude of our staff.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay in Prague!

Manfred Tobolka

Reviewed 19 December 2013

When we arrived, our rooms were unfortunately not ready. We got transferred to the sister hotel, Hotel Maximilian. To make up for the inconvenience, the hotel provided a free transfer and breakfast. The rooms were clean, hotel staff were very friendly, and the buffet breakfast was delicious. Distance to old town by foot is approximately 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend Hotel Josef to anyone who visits Prague.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear lilianchau,

Thank you for providing us with your kind review on our TripAdvisor page. We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay here despite the small inconvenience, and we are truly happy to know that you liked our property.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel really is in ine of the best locations in Prague, only a five minute walk from the Old a Town Square, but that isn't just what makes it a perfect place to stay - it's modern, clean, stylish and so comfortable. Plus, the staff are truly lovely and very helpful!

Our only reservation is the breakfast was about £15 extra per day, so we didn't bother as this is extortionate, especially in Prague where you can get a great, large breakfast for about £3 in many places.

This doesn't mean we wouldn't stay again though!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Rachel E,

Please allow us to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other readers on TripAdvisor.
It was delightful to read how much you liked our hotel and we would especially like to thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back!