2,715 results
All reviews glass bathroom old town square nespresso machine jewish quarter superior room sister hotel loved this hotel rooms are modern excellent hotel fresh fruit breakfast buffet breakfast was amazing perfect location the main square car service quiet street few minutes walk
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great stay at Hotel Josef! Great room, great helpful staff in all areas of the hotel (Reception, porter, Breakfast restaurant, bar, housekeeping, garage) great level of detail to all aspects of the hotel. It has AirCon which is very useful in the Summer months in Prague. The Breakfast is nice and the service fantastic. The baker in the hotel, turns out beautiful croissants every morning. There is a small garage downstairs at the hotel, but book your place ahead of time if you are driving. The hotel is centrally located and walking distance to everything and around the corner from the Metro and the river. It is also close by the Old Town and the Shopping Centre. We really enjoyed our 3 day weekend at Hotel Josef. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Ros S,

Many thanks for your loveůy review on our TripAdvisor page about Hotel Josef as well as for having chosen us for your weekend trip to Prague.
It is really nice to know that you enjoyed our facilities and appreciated all the little extras we added to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable time here. We are especially happy to know that you liked our breakfast and Nima's croissants in the mornings.
We hope to see you again for a future stay with us!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked the Hotel Josef based upon the recommendation of a close friend. I traveled to Prague and Krakow in July 2014 with my teenage daughter. Hotel Josef was the perfect mix of "hip" and luxury. It is located conveniently to most attractions. It is only a 5-10 minute walk to the Old Town Square.
One day when returning from a tour we thought we had a long walk back to the hotel and turned around and it was right there. The staff was helpful and provided instructions to the various Metra lines. Prague is easy to navigate. The Trams and Metra lines are convenient. We live in Chicago and are used to convenient public transportation and Prague delivered.
Back to the hotel...the room was not spacious, but still enough room for two. Very clean. There is a fitness center. For a hotel it is good. Hotels tend to have little in the way of fitness.

I highly recommend Hotel Josef.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paul g
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear paul g,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us and other readers on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef and it is really nice to hear that you liked so many features here. It is a great motivation as well to read your positive comments and thank you also for mentioning how much you appreciated the kind assistance our staff provided you with.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I don't even know where to begin this review so I will sum it up from the get go: it has comfortably settled on the number one spot of my favorite hotels (which it shares with another hotel for now).

It would be fair I guess to begin with the pre-arrival phase: I have not been travelling for long but I did not take long before becoming a fussy traveler. I email hotels in advance of booking to make sure that all the little details that usually interest me are in place there and, I am not going to lie, the way in which they reply to that first email makes a huge difference for me. If a small hotel takes many days to reply or never replies, my impression of them is a bad one. If a big hotel replies quickly, then they have even more of my attention and favors. And I think Hotel Josef took only a couple of hours to come back to me. Not only that but they patiently replied to all of my questions (on rooms, on transfers, etc), with a constant positive attitude and all the intention to be helpful. Not once did they make me feel like I was bothering them. And something which has never happened to me before - the guest relations manager wrote to me a couple of days prior to my arrival to offer any last minute assitance I might need. Until now no hotel ever bothered to acknowledge that they were aware I would soon arrive. So a huge thank you to Andrea, Mirka, Marketa, Zuzana (and I do apologize if I forgot anyone who put up with me).

Room and services: I was in room 112 in the orange building. I booked a single deluxe room through the hotel website, the "Stay 4 nights pay 3" offer - I am still not sure if the room I got was a single or a double because it was positively huge compared to what I expected. One of the biggest (if not the biggest) rooms I have stayed in, modern furniture, very well illuminated, just the right amoung of power sockets if you need to charge more than one thing at once (and they provide an adapter too for plugs typical to other parts of the world). I had coffee and tea amenities in my room - never used them but it looked like very good quality products. Sauna access was also included in the room price but I never got around to using that eiher. The bathroom was spacious enough, quite a large and comfy bathtub (many thanks for managing to accomodate this request of mine), plenty of room if you bring your own toiletries and I understand that a fully array of toiletries can be made available if you forgot to bring your own (toothbrush, etc). The bed was comfortable, I slept like a rock. Pretty good soundproofing too, I could hear no noise from the hallway. The room itself faced the garden where breakfast could be taken and it was right above the breakfast room. The hotel offered one free water bottle per day, a small detail which can make a huge difference when you are exhausted and have had no more energy to crawl to the corner shop and get some. Not to mention that it's nice not to feel forced to buy it from the minibar. The room also had a DVD player and you could borrow DVDs from the reception desk (chosing from a catalogue); the selection was more than decent and suitable for everyone's taste.

Breakfast: mine was included in the room rate but, either way, I think it is definitely worth the value for money. Fresh bread, made in front of your eyes! Fresh pastries! I felt like I could have breakfast just with bread and nothing more (the pumpkin seed one, the cereal one, the baguettes - amazing). Part of the room opens into the servicing / kitchen area and you can watch the chef preparing all these goodies, you can talk to him - he greets you with a smile and isn't bothered that you keep him from working. The buffet selection was good, plenty for vegetarians, plenty for meat lovers. In addition to the buffet you can also an item off the menu (such as eggs benedict or omlettes, pancakes) and you can have fresh coffee if you don't want to go with the Nesspresso option. The breakfast room is very well staffed, everyone is attentive and kind.

Staff: everyone is smiling! You really get the vibe that they want you to have the best of your time with their hotel and that you do mean something for them, you're not another one in the crowd of guests. They are doing their best to accomodate your needs: bathroom sink tap kept being a pain and making puddles - it got replaced; too cold in the room (heating was off, it being August), they had no objections to sending this odd person an extra blanket. I tip my hat to all of them and I wish more hotel staff around the world was this nice and dedicated. Also, great English skills, you won't have trouble communicating with them if you are relatively fluent in English.

Location: If you don't mind walking 5-10 minutes to get to the Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock, this is the right place for you. The Powder Tower is also very easy to get to, you have both Celetna and Na Prikope Streets close for shopping (after a 5-10 minute walk down Na Pricope I found myself in Wenceslav Square!) and dining opportunities. Tram stops roughly around the corner, heading for Mala Strana and the Castle (you can buy tickets at the reception desk). After one too many horror stories about taxis in Prague I opted to have the hotel car pick me up from / take me to the airport and I do not regret the decision - comfy ride, patient driver, really worth the extra money.

When I return to Prague, this would definitely be my top choice (unless I decide to try out their sister hotel, the Maximilian). I really did not find anything to deter me from returning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden should be the quietest but there is not much traffic (tourists or cars) on the neighboring streets either.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Camelia I

Dear Camelia,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and really nice, detailed review about your recent stay at Hotel Josef on our TripAdvisor page.

We are really happy to know that you have such good memories about your time in Prague and it is especially great to hear that we could contribute to a great experience here. It is also really flattering that we can be one of your top favorite hotels and we are so humbled and delighted to hear that you were satisfied with so many aspects of your stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team I would also like to thank you for the recognition of our staff members and mentioning how much you appreciated the kind service we provided you with to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable time in the Golden City.

It would be lovely to have you back for a future stay with us!

Warm Regards,
Andrea

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent from start to finish. We booked a room with a balcony which was a great decision. Breakfasts at the Josef are a delight. A fresh cooked choice daily as well as scrumptious buffet. Couldn't fault it. All staff are friendly, helpful and super efficient. Location was great. We went on two bike tours and Praha Bike is literally round the corner. Very quick walk to Old Town Square. Great choice of restaurants nearby. Complimentary cocktail in Josef Bar was just the ticket. Will definitely stay again on next visit to Prague.
Alison Harrogate

Room Tip: Balcony good choice
1  Thank Alison R

Dear Alison,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us on our TripAdvisor page.
It is so lovely and encouraging at the same time to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked so many aspects here from the very beginning to the end! We are so glad to read reviews like yours and we sincerely hope to have the opportinity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Trip Advisor lists free breakfast but we were advised by the hotel staff that it is a mistake and would cost $30.00 per person per night. Breakfast might be very good or not. As Prague is inexpensive and seems to have many close alternatives, we will be going elsewhere. The hotel, itself is very clean and compares nicely to other nice European hotels. (Although free internet seems to be very slow). The location is very good without being too close to the late night crowds.

1  Thank alsexpr

Dear alsexpr,

Thank you for your review on our Tripadvisor page and we were happy to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and location of Hotel Josef.

However, we were disappointed to read that you were misled in regards to the breakfast which was not included in your reservation through TripAdvisor. All bookings which are made directly through Hotel Josef will always include breakfast, however unfortunately we are not able to fully control what other websites offer, and how they phrase booking conditions. If in doubt, you can always contact us directly and we will be able to provide further information.

We are really sorry that the fact that breakfast was not included in your booking has influenced your stay with us in a negative way, but we truly hope that you were still able to enjoy your time in Prague and collect many happy memories.