“Classy hotel, great location”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #38 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I decided on Hotel Josef at the last minute and booked the day before I got on the train from Germany. When I got to the train station it was already 2130, I was exhausted and just wanted to eat and sleep. I set up a pickup through the hotel, but because of the late reservation I was unable to give them my arrival information, luckily I had a cell phone to call them and even though I was not on the list and their driver was about to go home...they still accomodated me! I was so grateful that I wasn't stranded having to take a taxi. (From what I hear, the taxis are not always that trust worthy in Prague!) The driver had a sign with my name on it (it was a town car) and we went on our way.
When I got to the hotel I was pleased to find out that the restaurant was open until 2300, so I ordered food after I checked in and went to my room. The food was delivered to me, which was great and I settled in for the night.
****It was new to me, but you had to put your room key in a slot by the door to work the lights**** I felt a little silly having to go downstairs and ask how to work them!
Hotel Josef is close to the Stare Mesto (town square) and I walked to the Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, Prague Castle and St Vitus Cathedral. The walk to the bridge is about 15 min, but to take in the scenery was great!
I would recommend the hotel to anyone, the train/airport transport was 250 Kc one way, about 10USD, it had free WiFi, a huge breakfast buffet and was close to everything. Also all the staff spoke wonderful English, as my Czech was not good at all!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel from 18th to 22nd of Aug with 2 small kids (5 & 3) and our experience was very good. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was very cheerful. The hotel is quite near to all the sites and well connected and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The area is quite safe, near to the sites, but tucked in a corner.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

A well maintained, modern hotel set just a couple of minutes walk from the old town square in the centre of Prague. The rooms are well equipped, spacious and the beds are huge. The staff speak very good English as well as other languages and pretty much all the signs and stationary are also in English. If you are in Prague to sight see, then this is a great spot. There are bars and restaurants on all surrounding streets and these are very nice and tend to be a lot cheaper than those between the old town square and the Charles Bridge. I would highly recommend this hotel to any of my family, friends or colleagues.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Josef is a very nice hotel, located in a quiet part of Prague, but only a short walk from the touristic highlights. The hotel is a modern, design hotel, with pleasant staff and a very nice breakfast garden. Rooms are very comfortalbe and staff very friendly. Definitely worth checking out to see if you get can a good price for the night.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Can highly recommend on all aspects. Good location, great rooms and service. Breakfast fantastic selection.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

While this hotel would get a 3 stars rating in another capital, it is still a good option in Prgaue if you get a good rate directly from their website.

The location is very centric and the breakfast is the best I have had in a hotel.

However, the service is not good and many requests (I had a prepaid, non refundable reservation in exchange for a room upgrade) are not honored or not available on the first night. The driver's service is very good, though, and very reasonable if one negotiates with the driver directly.

Lastly, the rooms look much better on the website than in real life.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marsabez
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Josef, the Hotel is brilliant. Service from every member of staff is second to none.

We were on the sixth floor with a view overlooking the city, the room was spacious and bathroom spotless, with large rainfall showerhead and top class toiletries from Aveda.

Breakfast is delicious and plentiful, a buffet section with other speciality items cooked to order – these include a Chefs recommendation to scrumptious ‘sins’ of the day which change daily.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of all the city sights. We would not hesitate to stay at the Josef again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple