“Perfection in Prague”

Ranked #17 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was only supposed to be in Prague 2 nights and was surprised by an extra night. I was booked for two nights at the Intercontinental but they couldn't fit me in for an extra night at the start of my trip. I am so happy that they couldn't accommodate me and I booked at the Four Seasons. It was very hard to pack up and transfer to the Intercontinental after only one night.

Location: I studied in Prague for a few months about 10 years ago and know my way around very well. Don't listen to anyone when they say that this is out of the way. It is extremely central. A 5 minute walk to Old town square and an equal 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. I preferred the quieter side street of the Four Seasons to the Intercontinental on Paristka. Either location you are in the thick of things and aside from being on top of Prague Castle you are no more than a 10 min walk back to the hotel.

Hotel/Room:

The lobby is just heaven. In my experience Prague is usually very ornate in the Bohemian tradition and you either have to deal with that excessive luxury or something very sterile like the big chain hotels. The Four Seasons is the perfect escape from both of these extremes. This is my first Four Seasons but from what I understand its 'classic' Four Seasons. Artistic, modern, understated yet beautifully luxurious. I originally booked a standard room online but was upgraded upon arrival to a deluxe room that faced the quite side street with a beautiful river view. Andreas who checked us in was so friendly and accommodating. This was the case for the entire staff at the hotel. I have stayed in many five star hotels but this level of service was by far the best. The room was very large for European hotel. I'm afraid I couldn't describe it enough detail or with the right praise. It was AMAZING. The room had a great river view, as well. You had to turn a bit but the Valtava was there. The great thing about Prague is that you can look directly at another building from your hotel room and its still a great view. The architecture is so stunning that you'll always be pleased. I have to add that I have a bad back and am usually not comfortable in hotel rooms. I had my best night sleep in months at the Four Seasons.

Fitness Center/Spa:
I had a deep tissue massage which was wonderful. I used the gym beforehand which was smaller but still perfect. I don't remember exactly but I think there were 2 or 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical, free weights. There were bottles of water and coffee in the gym in the morning. The changing room was super large, super clean with a great sauna.

The Four Seasons is expensive but so are the other hotels in Prague (Intercontinental, Mandarin Oriental) if you can afford it this is the PERFECT place to stay

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms face the side street with a small view of the Valtava. If you can afford it---go fo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DocBurke
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Prague

Reviewed 29 November 2011

On the river,a step away from the famous Charles IV bridge,it is a fantastic location.
The staff is really pleasant and helpful. Impeccable service
The bedroom was spacious and comfortable, a large marble bathroom.
The food at the restaurant is great.
It is a great place to stay

Room Tip: the best is the river view with the castle
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our second trip to Prague last April 2011. The hotel location was fantastic, and I'd go back in a Heart Beat. My wife Loves all the shopping for glass, etc. Having such a terrific Oasis to return to each afternoon was perfect. The staff was amazing, not pretentious. The property is walking distance to all the best shopping and Charles Bridge, etc. Next trip I'll plan to go in May, I'm from S. California (yes there are a few left in this state) so we have a low tolerance to cooler weather. Four Seasons in Prague was amazing....

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Although I've never stayed at a Four Seasons before, I have stayed at other luxury hotels. This was the best of the best! The location is perfect for walking to all of the major attractions in this lovely city, and the service was simply "perfection." I was almost waiting for a mistake at some point and it never happened. We were greeted by name every time we entered the lobby and any requests were taken care of graciously and quickly. We were traveling with our 9 year old son and if you are traveling with children, this is where to stay, hands down. The first night during turn-down service they left our son a note welcoming him, along with a scavenger hunt for the Czech "mole" (small stuffed animal). They also left him special kid friendly bath soaps and a specially hand written "welcome" written right in the large soaking tub. Every night there was a different bed-time story about some aspect of Czech life left on the bed for him. The deluxe room isn't huge but was plenty big for the 3 of us. The bathroom was lovely with a separate tub, shower stall and toilet stall. (We had a king sized bed and they set up a twin cot for our son). Other members of our group had a suite for their family of six and the view of the river and castle were beyond gorgeous. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: If a view is what you are after, you might have to pay extra.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Nice decoration, good location, average size rooms, big bathrooms, comfy beds, but...the most awful breakfast ever had in a 5* hotel! Maybe it was because the main restaurant was closed for several months and the cook was on holidays? The worst bread/ bakery ever, small choice, low quality...what a shame!
Also do not trust the concierge;) he will sell you the most expensive tickets for a tourist-quality "concert" telling you that only 10 tickets (naturally VIP) were left..but oin fact almost 90% seats were free!

Room Tip: get a room with river view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank maledi
4seasonshotelmanager, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear maledi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, following your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to know that you appreciate our newly remodeled rooms as well as the hotel location.

We were very sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the breakfast quality. We will address your points with the team in order to avoid any future reocurrence. Although our restaurant is currently under renovation, the satisfaction of our guests is of high priority to us and we therefore take your comments very seriously.

We would also like to apologize for the inconveneince which you experienced with the concert. I can certainly understand how you must have felt and can assure you that this incident will be followed up thoroughly with our concierge team.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and be able to demonstrate to you that these were isolated cases.

Best regards from Prague,

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I recently stayed here and I was thrilled with the choice of The Four Seasons. The location is perfect, the rooms are beautiful and spacious and the staff could not have been warmer and more attentive. The attention to detail made our stay such a great experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4seasonshotelmanager, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Anjanj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, following your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoiming you back to Prague in the near future,

Best regards from the Golden City,

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is one of the best in Europe very nice and luxury place for relax and for nice trip...hotel is situated 5 minutes from centrum...very nice place...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dekujeme velice za Vase skvele nazory tykajici se Vaseho pobytu v nasem hotelu. Byli jsme velmi poteseni , ze se Vam v nasem hotelu libilo a byl jste s pobytem spokojen. Doufame, ze budeme mit moznost Vas opet privitat v blizke budoucnosti.

S pratelskym pozdravem