“The best ”

london
“The best ”
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Returned to prague after 20 years
Only the intercontinental then and what a let down that was and still is
The four seasons is the best
Great location
Amazing service and great rooms
Checked out the opposition
Mandarin ,augustine and the over the top rather cheap and gawdy alchemyst
No comparison
If you want excellance look no further
Had a quick weekend but will be back

1 Thank zoo1299

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
athens
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We had been at four seasons hotel in prague, at december of 2008.It is a very nice hotel . the rooms are marvelous, very big with marvelous bathrooms ! The beds are huge and we slept fine ! the restayrant has wonderfull view and the decoration at the hotel was really nice for christmas period. All in all, is a really 5 star hotel and we remember very often this 3 nights we had there. Also, it is inside a very nice fire place ! We went again this december at Prague, but unfortunately we went in another hotel that we had very bad experience! Also, at four seasons hotel we rent a limouzine for 1 hour and we had a tour. the next day we went to the castle and at the charles bridge. We wish to have again a chance to go back at four seasons hotel !

Room Tip: if you have money, try the rooms with river view !
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank avgerini g
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Four Seasons as a special treat on our honeymoon. Sad to say it was a bit of a disapointment. First the sauna is out of order...I mentioned it to the desk staff who basically made me feel like an idiot for not being able to make it work. I assured them it wasn't hog and there was no staff attendant to be fkund. They told me there ix always someone there during standard hours,which I was given it was about 11am. About 15 mins later they call my room to inform me that the sauna is indeed broken and won't be fixed for several more days. I would expect a hotel of this calibur and reputation to have a working sauna and if not, at least offer up some sort or compensation.
Next, they removed 2 pillows from the bed for no apparant reason. There were 6 pillows one night and ghe next there were 4. I sleep with a lot of pillows so I noticed right away. When I called housekeeping to request the pillows back, she was pretty rude to me. They did bring the pillows up but the customer service was not warm.
Lastly, the tv on demand service is very slow and crashes go a DOS prompt several times. The remote only works only periodically and only when pointed at a 1cm square section.
I cannot reccomend this hotel. The location is great but the service and amenities are lacking.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jenifer H
4seasonshotelmanager, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Jenifer H,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with us. We are distressed to learn that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. You may rest assured that all your comments have already been reviewed with those concerned. We hope you will give us an opportunity to change your perception of our property in the near future.

Olivier Thomas
Hotel Manager
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I live in Prague and this hotel was my home for one month before moving to an apartment. Rene Beauchamp and his team put on a class act. Magnificent accommodation, wonderful dining, impeccable staff. I have known this establishment over the almost nine years it has been open. Definitely the best hotel in the City and none of the rival newcomers from Mandarin Oriental or Rocco Forte even one close to its standards.

Room Tip: Superlative in Prague.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DC
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Excellent experience. The Four Seasons has the best location in town --- 50 meters from the Charles Bridge and a couple of blocks from Old Town center. It also has a terrace with great views of the river and castle (which could be quite romantic). The hotel staff was very accomodating and offered the best concierge service in town! In fact, best service by far --- I found good service very hard to find in Prague.

Would certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Caroline F
London
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The hotel is nicely decorated, rooms spacious, staff very pleasant, good housekeeping & the location is excellent.

We enjoyed staying here but there were two issues:

1) the on selling is aggravating - as we were checking in we were asked if we'd like to upgrade to a more expensive room. we said no thank you - nevertheless the receptionist then found a room that was "nicer" than the one we'd booked & offered us a deal on it - i really don't want to have this kind of negotiation in public at reception - it spoils the arrival. I could have forgiven it if the same thing didn't happen in the restaurant - 4 times in one meal we were offered fresh truffles on our dishes - the table of 5 people nearyby joked that they'd be offered truffles on their desserts so obviously we all got the same treatment.

2) the food in the cafe/restaurant is expensive & only italian - not a czech dish to be had - again if it had been very good i might have lived with it but mediocre expensive food is a pain.

We'll try another hotel if we return to Prague.

Room Tip: A river or partial river view room is lovelier than the driveway.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank talkative
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Right from the start I have to make my position clear by saying “I love the Four Seasons”. I have stayed in many of their properties (Dublin, Buenos Aires and Marrakech) and I have celebrated some of my most important life events in the Four Seasons (my honeymoon and my 40th birthday) so you know my position – I love the Four Seasons.

I was collected from the airport and taken to the hotel by a Four Season’s driver and car; the driver was friendly and played a U2 album on the journey. I asked if this was because I was Irish or just coincidence and he said ‘yes, both’. I stayed for 2 nights 22 and 23 November. The Four Seasons Prague is well located beside the Charles Bridge and near main shopping streets. All the staff are friendly and speak English.

When we came down for breakfast on our first morning we were disappointed that the first table we were offered was immediately next to another table that was occupied; this is one of my pet hates and I really don’t understand this policy when there are plenty of free tables available. We weren’t very hungry so just ordered Eggs Benedict for two (one with ham and one with salmon); with this we had one cup of coffee, one cup of tea and some orange juice. It was my misunderstanding completely that I didn’t realise that we had booked the Four Seasons Prague on a room-only basis and breakfast was not included in our rate. I was HORRIFIED that we were charged 78Euro for breakfast.

Our room was on the 7th Floor and despite my initial excitement the view from the room was poor. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable. The Four Seasons Prague is good but not great. If you are on a room-only rate you need to have deep pockets and short arms…

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple