“Terrific view, excellent hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Prague
Ranked #13 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We just come back from Prague where we spend a great weekend despite cold weather. It was our first time, we had booked a duplex suite with FHR program.

We arrived on a Friday morning. Transfer from the airport with Mercedes S Class was efficient and quick. At check-in (around 9am) the room was already available, it was a nice surprise. We were lead to duplex suite #335 in Classic building. The view was terrific, it could not be better. Indeed Classic building is meters away from the river. Decor was very nice, in perfect condition. Downstairs we had a bright sitting room with TV-DVD, mini bar with Neresso machine and powder room. Upstairs was the very large bedroom, second TV set (with DVD), closet space and bathroom (bathtub + shower) with separated loo. Hard product is really impressive. We had a call from GM to welcome us, it was a nice touch.

We went to the gym twice (small but ok), I tried a Czech treatment at the Spa which was great (basically it is 3 treatment rooms in the same area as the Gym). Therapist was very skilled and they managed to welcome me without notice (we were not sure about our plans for the day so I called 5 minutes before going down).

Cotto crudo serves exquisite yet simple Italian dishes and it is reasonably priced. Wine list and selection by the glass is very good. Service was good, all the people were extremely nice and seemed pleased to offer help and advices about the city. We experienced some minor glitches but nothing too bad.

I am glad we chose FS!

We tried Kampa Park restaurant where we had an excellent dinner, more formal than Cotto crudo but it was worth it.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cedric&Pierre
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The fresh flowers everywhere
are Marvelous. It MUST be Easter! The rooms on the river are scenic - today is a beautiful sunny day. Great service with great smiles. You will love it.
Quietly tucked away. Wish it was a bit warmer weather

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I could not imagine a more satisfying experience in a hotel. Everything is done with attention to detail. The location is excellent - you can walk to many attractions. Restaurant food was very, very good. Our room in the the renaissance section - beautiful and very quiet.,

Room Tip: Have them take you toi see several available rooms and pick the one you like. They make it easy!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traveler1567
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons hotel with my mom and sisters, with 3 rooms between us. The lobby has the most beautiful flower arrangements. We checked in with ease and were given 3 rooms next to each other. We had deluxe rooms. The rooms are simply beautiful and very large. The hotel is very clean. The service in the hotel was excellent. They served free coffee in the mornings. Free WiFi!! All of our needs were met. The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to the Charles Bridge and all of the high end stores. We also had breakfast in the hotel each morning. The food was very good and service excellent. On our last night we also had dinner at the hotel which had a great setting with again excellent service. The food was very good and views were magnificent.

If you want bottled water,soda or snacks there is a mini-market across the street. If you take from the min-bar be prepared to pay a high price.

Great experience and highly recommend this hotel. Location and service were top notch.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank beachgirlNJ
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Recently renovated, rooms are beautiful as is the entire hotel. Perhaps the only weakness is the gym and spa, which are very small, albeit functional. Flawless check-in, wonderful buffet breakfast, all in all a perfect location from which to explore the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Seasonedpro23
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My partner and I came to Prague for a two-night visit using the Amex FHR programme. We were upgraded on arrival to a lovely superior room, and were very impressed with the beautiful lobby and flower arrangements.

The staff were extremely helpful, and the concierge recommended a number of restaurants. The one we visited based on his recommendation, Olympia, was very reasonably priced and delicious. We can also recommend the Mistral Cafe around the corner from the hotel as a reasonably priced and very trendy bistro with great food.

The hotel is perfectly placed to explore the entire city on foot, and is also a 20 minute walk from the main train station.

With our FHR booking we were able to enjoy the extremely generous continental buffet and also a hot dish each morning, along with a late-night room service of sorbet and streudel (delicious!) and some beer and snacks from the minibar. The food is excellent (I can especially recommend the scrambled eggs as perfectly prepared), although it would have been great to have a goats cheese on offer at breakfast as my partner is lactose intolerant.

We were very impressed by the little touches, such as a perfectly timed turndown service which magically happened between the time we went out for dinner and when we came back. Also, when my partner left a pair of glasses on her bedside table, housekeeping put a complimentary eyeglass cleaning kit next to them. Complimentary wifi and a morning paper were also very much appreciated. Finally, we had a call from the manager a few minutes after we had checked in just to make sure that we were happy and didn't need anything. Little touches like this are what make Four Seasons a pleasure to stay at.

We will absolutely return to the Four Seasons Prague on our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelesMelesUK
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was able to spend four nights at the Four Seasons Prague recently after a three night stay at the Mandarin Oriental. One night was in a Renaissance room and then the other three a few days later in a Deluxe room. The Renaissance rooms look lovely on the website, and for the most part they are. Very high ceilings and lots of space make them seem huge. A few minor criticisms: the air conditioning did nothing for cooling the room or reducing the stale air; the carpets look like they could be replaced; and the noise from the street was noticeable.

When I returned I was booked in the same room type but decided to downgrade in hopes of getting something quieter. Because of low occupancy I was given a deluxe room much closer to the river that was far enough away from the noisy streets that I could sleep even with the windows open. The room was certainly smaller, but it looked much fresher with its 'modern' decor. Both rooms had all the expected luxury amenities.

I had the buffet breakfast one morning for a whopping 750Kc (about $38). It was nice, but it did not include hot entrees which would have put a a breakfast meal near $50. I also had their lunch special, two courses for 390Kc (~$20) that included a fantastic tomato-based seafood soup and two beef cheeks with interesting pureed cauliflower. I also ordered room service daily once I discovered that their regular decaffeinated coffee was far superior to anything else I found in Prague. It was also a very good value - a large pot for a bit more than five bucks.

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but they were all very professional and they always greeted me by name.

Perhaps the best feature of the hotel for those who want to be right in the middle of the action is its location, about a block north of the Charles Bridge right on the river. The city center in Prague is pretty compact and I was able to walk anywhere I needed to go in about 25 minutes. The downside is that a number of hotel rooms overlook or are close enough to HEAR the action if you are a light sleeper. I agree with other reviewers who say to choose your room with care.

Yes, the Four Seasons Prague is expensive, perhaps more than it should be given it is in a reasonably priced city, but considering the whole experience I'd say it was worth the price (note that I was on a third night free package in the deluxe room). I don't stay at Four Seasons hotels because they are inexpensive but because they always deliver top of the line service. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat if I could get a comparable value - not likely in the busier tourist season.

Room Tip: The closer to the river the less street noise there is
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo