“Cosy romantic hotel in Prague”
Review of Hoffmeister & Spa

Hoffmeister & Spa
Ranked #87 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Dublin, Ireland
“Cosy romantic hotel in Prague”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We went with my boyfriend for Hoffmeister's romantic package which turned out to be a decent deal considered the price/performance ratio. The price included a junior suite, dinner, some spa services and a trip. For that price it was WOW. The restaurant is absolute treat and from our dinner on we would eat only with our hotels restaurant.
As for spa and hotel room all in all it was such a perfect stay that we hope to have another chance to come again.
Location wise the hotel is set very conveniently close to tram and tube stations and centre is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paddy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Booked the Spa package for 2 nights and at EUR320 with almost everything included thought it was a great price.

Was welcomed by a smile from the reception upon arrival and invited with a welcome drink where a girl talked us through the different choices and what timings we wanted our spa (included in the package was 1 hour private roman bath, 1 hour private steam bath and 30 minutes massage each) times. So was an easy process to get this booked and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was beautiful and although the room was cleaned, the coffee wasn’t replenished the following morning, didn’t care to much, my body was in way to relaxing mode to be bothered : )

The roman bath is big and luxurious and having the possibility for some private times is amazing. But even so, from 9am-2pm it’s open for all the guests at the hotel. And even with 8 people in the tub it’s a great experience. The steam bath, wow! That’s something you must try, the steam machine looks like something from the Stephen King novel The Mangler but what an experience, made the mistake of getting bubbly for this and that went quick to both me and Eva’s head, slightly tipsy is putting it lightly but if you stay at the hotel it’s a must.

Very competent massage staff we had for our stay, Swedish massage for me and man, that guy hits spots I didn’t know my body had, Eva went for the chocolate massage and her smile could tell me that it was good. Very friendly and talkative staff, no problem speaking in English either as everyone at the hotel are fluent in English.

So if you want an all out pampering weekend, go for it, it’s worth every penny. As a side note, we only left the hotel once :) for a walk outside but we were happy to stay inside and enjoy all the facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christian_Viklund
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

When I booked my double room in this hotel for a 4 night stay I was pleasantly surprised by the price. £310 for 4 nights in a 5 star hotel (breakfast extra) I thought was very reasonable. Upon arrival the reception staff greeted me with a warm welcome and made sure that I had everything that I needed including city maps, wifi passwords etc. My room was spacious and the bathroom fine but if I am being totally honest I was left slightly underwhelmed given the 5 star rating. The hotel is located a 10 minute walk from the old town and thus provides a quiet and restful end to the day after lots of walking and exploring in the city. On the first day the maid took away my used towels and didn't replace them but upon advising the reception staff this was remedied immediately. I also advised them of a small leak in the bathroom which they dealt with promptly as well.

With regards to breakfast I think that some improvements could be made on a few levels. Breakfast was not part of my deal as I wasn't sure if I was going to eat at the hotel every morning. As it turned out I did choose to eat there each morning. On every occasion when I sat down the waiter or waitress looked perplexed and warned me in a very serious tone that breakfast was not included in my deal to which I responded in a very relaxed manner that I was happy to pay for it and please could they add this to my room. Before I had a chance to visit the buffet to start selecting my breakfast a bill was placed on my table and on one morning the waiter interrupted me at the buffet brandishing the bill for me to sign. I politely advised him that he should allow me to finish my breakfast before presenting the bill and that I was not going anywhere. It just made the atmosphere at breakfast very odd. Finally the cooked breakfast buffet looked a little tired and was often not topped up with fresh fried eggs for example. The cold meat platter was however very nice.

All in all a very good hotel let down by a slightly bizarre breakfast experience. 5 star I think is pushing it but the spa probably lifts it to this level.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We spend a perfect moments in early January in this small charming hotel. We were very happy about check in as we were seated in restaurant and served a prosecco. Our room was very spacious Junior suite with very comfy beds, spacious bathroom with bathtub. Entire room was equipped very carefully and it evoked very warm feelings.
My wife exploited their massage offer and she was absolutely excited about it. Later on we tried their sauna in the cave which was a perfect experience.
This hotel is worth your every buck.

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MafaTraveller
Escondido, California
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Located just across the river from Old Prague, this is a lovely small hotel, with very comfortable rooms and diligent staff. We were welcomed with a drink and a discussion with a staff member who offered maps, advice and tips for our visit. We stayed in a junior suite which was bright, tastefully decorated and comfortable with a large bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub. Tea and coffee making facilities were a nice addition, although it would have been better if they replenished the sugar packets each day.....this is one of my pet peeves in hotels, so sorry if these things don't bother you! Prague is a city for walkers, as most of the city is easily accessible on foot. We only took a taxi one night when we were going to a special dinner downtown, and even in the cold weather managed to walk back to the hotel quite easily each day. One benefit of this hotel is that is much quieter than staying on the other side of the river. Of course, if you like the raucous nightlife atmosphere you might feel a little far from the action. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would go back again given the chance, the next time will include some spa treatments too!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wshiresd
HoffmeisterPrague, Manager at Hoffmeister & Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Wshiresd,
thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that you have enjoyed our services and you have found our staff member usefull. Your review encourages us to work even harder in providing better experience for our guests.

Next time, you have to surely visit our spa facility. It will provide you even better feeling of relaxation within Prague city.

Hopefully we will welcome you in our hotel again.

Simon Hoznour
surrey
Reviewed 23 January 2013

we were fortunate to stay in the ying yang suite which was an amazing treat, spread over two floors and superbly thought out with the jacuzzi bath within the living area, the televisions were tiny in comparison to the rooms but the bed was amazing... a great choice for a romantic city which for all major tourist attractions is a stones throw from the hotel.. please be aware of pickpockets whilst out, after check out whilst on the Charles Bridge I had £750 taken from an inside buttoned pocket without my realizing.. gutted!! the suite a must if you want to spoil yourself at a fantastic price....

Room Tip: only the suites
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobnPats
Berlaar
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Only 10 minutes by foot from 'the bridge' but you don't get the feeling like you get in a typical city center hotel. This hotel is spacious, stylish, and offers excellent service. It is located at the foot of the Prague-castle and a green hill and has a cosy garden terrace that you would rather expect in a small village or even at the countryside. Egg-menu at breakfast. Luckily the rooms are well isolated so the noisy tramway till midnight doesn't prevent you from a good nights' sleep. To make it a perfect stay it started snowing .....so next day everything was covered in a thick white winter blanket. Unfortunately I din't manage to lower the rooms' temperature.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank GilsBerlaar
HoffmeisterPrague, Manager at Hoffmeister & Spa, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear GilsBerlaar,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with Hotel Hoffmeister&Spa. It is pleasure to hear you were enchanted by our romantic boutique hotel set in the charm of thick white winter blanket.

It makes us all very proud to read your comments.

Regarding heating control, please feel free anytime to ask at reception. It is their job to help you with the smallest things you come across.

Best regards,