“A 24th Wedding Anniversary to remember!!”

Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague
Ranked #20 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A 24th Wedding Anniversary to remember!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the start of booking the trip to saying goodbye to the reception staff this hotel gave my wife and I a most enjoyable experience. The car booking service for airport transfers were excellent, A free upgrade on the room to a junior suite, free cocktail on arrival and to cap it all a complimentary half bottle of champagne and chocolate cake later in the evening delivered to our room!!
The staff could not do enough for my wife and I. I booked a massage for my wife in advance and all arrangements worked well, I can only express our thanks to all the staff that made our stay one of the best city breaks we have experienced. Well done to all the staff at the Alcron.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Mr. Atkinson,

We are extremely happy to read your review on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to make your 24th wedding anniversary as special as possible. We hope you got to enjoy Prague just as much and maybe we get to welcome you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague trip and until future visits.

Michal Chour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Location was excellent for sightseeing, only a few minutes walk from city center and other attractions. Check-in was friendly and fast. Our room was spacious and clean.

The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly especially in the bar.
Jan was absolutely outstanding. I thought I know everything about my favourite whisky. Now I know it.:-)
He made us gorgeous cocktails. He is not a bartender, he is an artist.
Thanks Jan.

All the best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LaJo11
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments posted here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and most of all the exceptional service Jan from the bar has provided. We will make sure Jan is aware of your warm words.

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Alcron hotel in Prague and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Agen, France
Reviewed 1 March 2014

A very cosy hotel room with many spaces available, an available fitness room with a sauna, smiling staff, ideal location in the city centre. The breakfast is particularly gorgeous with a great variety of all kinds of food and very good quality food as well. I recommend the booking with breakfast included as it is a very good quality/price ratio.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback shared with the TripAdvisor community.
We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you find our breakfasts up to your expectations.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and we look forward to your future visits.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I honestly cannot speak higher of this hotel. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and offered assistance with our bags. We were quickly checked in by the friendly staff member and he also provided a free map of the city and circled places we may like to go.

Being 12000km from home a connection to the outside world is very important, luckily the hotel had a fast and reliable wi-fi connection. The connection was consistently running at 12-15mbps.

The room itself, a double on the 7th floor, was stunning. Beautiful timber floors and Art Deco style lamps and other furniture. Bed and linen was also very comfortable. Other features included a reasonably priced minibar and a flat screen tv with many channels to choose from.

We also used room service and the food was superb. I had a steak that would be amongst the best I've ever eaten anywhere!

The best part of my experience was a surprise in my room on my second night. It was my birthday and although I hadn't told the staff (I assume they saw my passport DOB) the guest relations manager had arranged for a bottle of champagne and a dessert to be delivered to my room. This was a delightful surprise and shows they go above and beyond for their guests.

When I return to Prague I will be booking again at this hotel. Thank you.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words shared here on TripAdvisor.
We are extremely happy you enjoyed our hotel from the moment you walked in until the end. We are trying to become our guests' home away from home, and it seems we have succeeded with you. We do our best to keep track of our guests' special events, and not let them go by un-noticed, so we are very happy you enjoyed our surprise.

Thank you for your feedback and hope your future brings you back to Prague and to our hotel.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We enjoyed our 1st stay at the Radisson so much that we decided to stay there again. The location is great and the rooms are spacious. We requested a room that was quiet and we got it. We requested a room that was cooler, and we got it. Guest relations manager Eliska was very attentive and checked in with us periodically. We will definitely stay at the Radisson again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that is next to the courtyard, away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CelesteANDSvend
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments shared here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know that you liked our hote enough to return. We do our best to make our guests happy and accommodate their requests as much as possible, and we are pleased to know that Eliska along with the rest of our team managed that.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu for your stays in Prague and we look forward to your future stays.

Salisbury
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for my partners 40th birthday. From when we first arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us. Peter checked us in & also insisted that our return transfer back to the airport would be paid for by the hotel, as our transfer to the hotel didn't arrive. The porter ( sorry I don't know his name) was really helpful pointing out the "must see" places in Prague on a map for us. We stayed in a junior suite on 5th floor, the room was lovely & comfortable, extremely clean & the coffee/tea/mini bar stocked with good quality products. The bed was comfortable & the bathroom lovely & clean (good toiletries too).

Breakfast was very nice, a huge selection covering all sorts of tastes. We did feel that the cooked breakfast option was a little cold & the plates could have been warmed to help with this. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive, polite & helpful.

Room service was lovely, served hot & staff that delivered it were again lovely. Had breakfast in our room on our last morning & it was excellent.

On our last night in the hotel we went to the Be Bop Bar for some drinks. Tomas was working & explained the cocktail menu was new & asked my partner & I what kind of drinks we liked. He then created us a different cocktail each, they were absolutely delicious. Well done Tomas:0)

I loved this hotel & would definitely return there if we visited Prague again. It's stylish, comfortable, clean but what makes this place are the staff. They are excellent without being over the top. A great team effort, well done:0)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel for your stay in Prague and sharing your comments here on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with the service we provide. It is always a pleasure to hear so kind words about our staff. We are here to make our guests happy and we are delighted to know that we met your expectations. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the airport transfer to our hotel and I am glad to know that you appreciated the transfer back free of charge as a compensation.

I will pass your kind comments to all my colleagues. We hope your birthday stay was a memorable one and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back in Prague soon.

Москва, Russia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stuff is VERY helpful, location is perfect, but hotel is old, bed not comfortable(small blankets) in our room i had dirty robe! (in BLOOD!!!) toothbrush and toothpaste you have to require at reception! Not very clean bathroom

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Anastasia Khabr... K
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to know that our staff was nice and helpful during your stay at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel. Our hotel is indeed located very conveniently, just few steps from Wenceslas Square and the main historical sites. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience with the bathrobe. It was possibly not blood but lipstick mark. However, I already informed our housekeeping about the issue and the bathrobes are being checked more properly.

We hope you enjoyed your time in Prague and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.