“Delightful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Netherlands
“Delightful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Even before our stay started I contacted the hotel to arrange airport transfer. My daughter and myself were arriving from different locations and after the very quick response from the hotel I found out we were also arriving at different terminals, something that was not obvious from booking my flight. Airport transfer was arranged, and when I realised my daughters flight was 30 mins late, I quickly texted the hotel and they contacted the taxi service, which meant we were not charged for extra waiting time. Very polite service in the hotel, very comfortable room, great location. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel in Prague.
It is our pleasure to manage everything as well as possible so that the guest's trip runs smooth from planning the trip to getting to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport. We are happy you had a delightful stay and we hope you visit us again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you here again soon.

Michal Chour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reading, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Usually the types of hotel I am put in by work employ snooty staff who don't give you to the time of day - however I found totally the opposite in this hotel. The staff couldn't do enough for you, were extremely attentive and helpful and always friendly and polite.
My room was a good size, although the view left a lot to be desired, the bathroom was luxurious, the maid cleaned the room to an excellent standard.
The only (very small) complaint I have is that there were two single duvets on a double bed making for a draughty night's sleep! I managed to employ a clever overlap tactic which seemed to keep me toasty.
Overall though this was an excellent hotel, great central location, good sized rooms and the staff really made the stay - thanks.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Radisson Blu Alcron hotel.

We are delighted to know that you appreciate the staff and the service provided. We are sorry the two duvets were not according to your expectations, however we have king duvets available upon request, so please in the event of a future stay, do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk for this or any other kind of requests.

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your future stays.

La Mirada, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a educational trip. The check in was very easy and efficient. The hotel breakfast is very good with lots of variety. The business conference facilities are small but adequate.

There were two main items that I was very impressed with on this hotel. First it is the Hotel's location as it is centrally located near the center of Prague. This makes for easy sightseeing and access to the central square of Prague and other areas of interest.

Second and perhaps most importantly it is the staff of the hotel. The hotel staff went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. In my case my airline had lost my luggage and I was a bit distraught over the affair. The hotel staff went out of their way to contact the airline and to ensure that my luggage was found and delivered to the hotel. No matter how many times I went to the lobby asking for an update on my luggage the hotel staff smiled and simply called the airline on numerous times to find my luggage. Luckily for me I was without luggage only for a day. Secondly the hotel staff assisted me in mailing some items to the US in order to lighten the amount of items that I would have to carry back with me. This was really impressive as they just took my request and took care of the rest.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyway visiting Prague in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and sharing your review here on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. As hospitality professionals we strive to provide the best service possible and we are glad to hear that we met or even exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel. We hope to see you back in Prague in the future and we will be happy to welcome you as our guests again.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Alcron and were delighted at almost every interaction we had with a staff member. They even upgraded us to a balcony room. The rooms are nice and the location was also great.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the rooms with balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback shared with TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you liked the room you stayed at. Our purpose is to make the guests happy and we are glad to hear that you appreciated the kindness of our receptionists to upgrade you to a room with balcony for free. Our hotel is indeed located very conveniently right in the city centre in walkable distance to all major sites. We hope your overall stay was enjoyable for you and your wife.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Prague.

Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a 4 night break in Prague with my sister and chose this hotel as it got good reviews.

Arrived on a Sunday evening and check in was quick and efficient, Reception staff were very friendly and gave us a map of Prague and highlighted all the main attractions. It doesn't look anything special from the outside but the inside is very nice, lovely decor.

Location - Hotel is in a good location a couple of minutes walk from Wenceslas Square and nearest tram stop. It is about 15 minutes stroll to the Old Town Square and 20 minutes to The Charles Bridge.

Rooms - good sized rooms with comfy beds, nice decor, flat screen TV, Nespresso machine, mini bar, safe and hairdryer. However,for those ladies who don't want to keep their finger pressed on the switch for the whole time you are drying your hair, I suggest you bring your own. Bathrooms were small but adequate - toilet was a bit too near the door so it was a bit awkward but that is only a tiny niggle. Bathrobes, slippers and nice toiletries were provided. We were on a room which looked out onto the main road but it wasn't noisy at all.

Restaurants/Bars - buffet breakfast was lovely - something for everyone, hot or cold and there was a good choice.

We ate in the Rotunda restaurant on our first night as we were tired and didn't want to venture far looking for somewhere to eat. We had a lovely meal and staff were very helpful and friendly. We both had something which was typically Czech and it was delicious. Wine waiter recommended a wine to go with the food. Meal was excellent value for money. I thought it would be expensive but it wasn't. We didn't try Alcron as we wanted to eat out the rest of our stay.

Be-bop Bar - we had a cocktail in here one evening. Good choice of drinks and not too expensive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who want to be near to the main sights and close to restaurants but somewhere quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share such warm comments about your stay at the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel in Prague.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had and enjoyable stay with a little extra from our hotel than you probably expected. We strive to become ever better in our service, and we always like to hear when we manage to do so.

We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to your future stays in Prague.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Hotel is in great location, near the center of Prague but rooms are nice and quiet. Hotel personnel is very friendly and helpful making the stay there great. I specially loved the breakfast selection.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback shared here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know you have enjoyed the breakfast selection and the service of the staff.

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel in Prague and we hope to welcome you in our hotel again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my go-to hotel in prague as it's very near 1 of my favourite bars in town. Based on my last experience, i decided to have a room upgrade to improve the experience and i think it's worth it

I opted for the royal club room, which has several advantages:
- larger room with balcony (though it's still a little cold in April)
- free minibar
- free snacks at the bar 12-6pm (although they aren't very good)
- breakfast included
- free wifi

The room itself is still as old as the hotel, and with no shower stall, just the safety hazard of a bathtub

Went to the gym and it was smallish and old. And there's a very annoying high pitched beeping sound coming from some corner of the gym

The other nice aspect of the hotel is the excellent michelin star restaurant Alcron

Will probably return next year and i think the royal club room is the way to go

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel every time you are in Prague.

We appreciate your honest comments and we will address them immediately. We are really sorry the snacks are the bar did not meet your expectations.
We would like to refer to the Royal Club benefits you mentioned. We are currently in process of upgrading our concept of higher category rooms benefits, based on the experience but also judging from the feedback from our guests. On your future stay, in the event you book also a Royal Club room, you will experience a change in the benefits that come with this room type and hopefully tit will exceed your expectations. In a short time the information with the details will be available on our web-pages, so we do encourage our future guests to consider higher category rooms for their stays.

We are happy to have received your feedback and look forward to welcome you again soon.