“Enjoyed our stay at Radisson SAS”

Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague
Ranked #15 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 April 2009

We spent 3 nights at the Radisson SAS in Prague over the Easter weekend and enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a Junior Suite room on the 8th floor. Room was very comfortable with a small couch and chair. The room had a small coffee pot for making tea or coffee which I always appreciate. The bathroom was very spacious with two sinks, a tub, and a shower. The breakfast buffet was great.
My pet peeve for many hotels -- bed had a thick duvet but room was quite warm so sleeping was uncomfortably warm. I'd much prefer a simple sheet and blanket.
Service at the hotel was good. The concierge staff was very helpful in advance of our stay with restaurant recommendations and reservations.
Location -- although the hotel is very near the VERY busy and commercial Wencelas Square area it's on a quiet side street so room wasn't noisy. We found the location to be very convenient in terms of walking to many attractions throughout the city.
All in all a very good choice for a busy holiday weekent in Prague. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcs1
NadezdaRepkova, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a nice review. We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in Radisson SAS Alcron hotel.

If you could be so kind and e-mail us your name, we will be able to make note for your future stays and provide you light duvet.

Best wishes,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,210)

Reviewed 28 March 2009

I booked the hotel via Radisson SAS webpage, and this worked perfectly. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a "Royal Club" room free of charge since I had a SAS EuroBonus Gold card.

Everything from check-in to check-out was OK. The room was big and clean. The staff where helpful and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Arrow79
NadezdaRepkova, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2009

Dear Guest,
we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. We will be more than happy to welcome you back in our Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel again.

Reviewed 19 March 2009

I was quite disappointed with the hotel for the money that was spent. To be fair it was a beautiful hotel with a fantastic breakfast and nicely decorated room & bathroom. However, having sent an email to reservations and the concierge to organise champagne in our room on arrival (it was our anniversary), this email was lost/not forwarded onto guest relations, so sadly no champagne. This I didnt mind, but the room had 2 single beds pushed together and 2 single duvets. I really do not like complaining but as it was our anniversary I asked a girl on reception if we could possibly be changed to a room with a king bed like we ordered or at least get a double duvet. Her manner was very blunt and I was told no, there are no double duvets in the hotel. I was surprised by her quite rude tone and so I said nothing more on the subject. Also, the smoking room didnt have an ashtray and complimentary cotton buds in the bathroom were never replaced after being used on the first evening. Guest relations rang to apologise about the champagne and the lady was lovely but I decided not to say anything about the room and just try to enjoy the holiday.
It is a beautiful hotel in a great location but not a 5star hotel because of the few small things I have mentioned but especially the manner of the lady at reception who had no sympathy that it was a romantic anniversary wknd and we couldnt even cuddle up at night. The other staff were really lovely, so if you are single and not looking for a romantic break then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travel_addict_sjc
NadezdaRepkova, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2009

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay.

Please, accept our appologies for inconveniences which you had to face during your stay. I would like to assure you that I spoke already to my colleague and drew consequences. Thank you for your comments which can be usefull also for us and we can improve our services.

Hopefuly we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in Radisson SAS Alcron hotel to make your opinion much more positive.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 March 2009

This is a typical Radisson hotel with a charming design. The art deco design isnt really my thing but I have to admit that I got to love it before I left. My room were very comfortable and very large, the staff was always very nice and the hotel bar know how to make a good burger. There is 2 more restaurants that are more upscale but didnt visit them. Nor did I have breakfast at the hotel (there is a lot of small cafes in the surrounding streets). I nice touch is that Internet is included in the price.
For you who doesnt smoke and inst friends of tobacco smoke, the public areas can be a problem. It certainly goes well with the design, but I found it hard to stand. But this is a problem shared with the rest of the city so cant blame the hotel.
All in all a good and charming radisson hotel, bue didnt get the 5 star feeling.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank DrCorona
NadezdaRepkova, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely comment. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 February 2009

Stayed in the Radisson SAS Alcron in Prague from 29th of January until 2nd February. Check in was hassle free and we had our bag brought to our room for us which doesn't happen in most hotels. We booked a room in a quiet part of the hotel and that's what we got. The room was a good size, nice clean bathroom, the shower did seam to leak all over the floor though as the shower screen was a bit small. The bed was a little unusual as it seemed like it was two single beds pushed together and two single duvets but it wasn't a problem. The rug had several stains on it which didn't look great as did the one in reception. Turn down service at night and sweets left next to the bed which was nice. Breakfast was nice, good selection. Prague is a beautiful city and we really enjoyed the break away. Would stay at the Radisson again, the location is excellent, about ten minute walk to old town.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnonIreland

Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending your valuable time and sharing your commets with us. We hope to see you soon back in Radisson SAS Alcron hotel.

Reviewed 28 January 2009

My Husband and I stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights in December for my birthday. The hotel had provided private transfer from and to the airport which was great and saved us loads of time. As the hotel knew it was my birthday they had upgraded us from a Club Navy room to a Castle View Room! Gorgeous! And awesome Views. They also had a cake and Champagne waiting in the room for us-what a treat and so thoughtful.

The Rooms: Lovely, no complaints. Separate Living room area, two bathrooms and a fabulous bed- so comfy. The hotel Manager and all staff were so friendly and helpful.

The Concierge Level Room: Great! Free Internet/Snacks and Drinks- Highly recommended.

The Sunday Brunch- TO DIE FOR! Do not leave the hotel without trying it!

The location: Fantastic, walking distance to everything. This hotel is located centrally and ideal for Prague sightseeing. Great Fast food/Restaurants a door step away.

The day of check out I woke up really sick- bad flu/fever..ect... the hotel staff took care of me as if I were at home! They helped my husband with locating a chemist and as our check out was at 12pm- and our flight wasn't till 10pm they let us stay in the room till 9pm ( as long as we needed) without extra charge and brought up loads of hot water/lemon and honey for me! When you’re in a different country and really sick this type of service goes a long way- especially when the hotel is so hospitable and willing to help in any way that they can- which is very unusual free of charge! Thank you Radisson for the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever received from a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelCrazy0

Dear Guest,
We would like thank you for such a possitive feedback. It is very motivating for us to make our job better and better. Hope to see you soon back in Prague and Radisson SAS Alcron hotel.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2009

Top location, just 10 min walk from the main square.
The hotel was completely refurbished in 2008, and it looks great!
Great, ample rooms, all mod cons: flat screen TV, well-stocked minibar, safe, 24 hr room service. Nice bathroom, underfloor heating and heated mirrors.
2 restaurants (one fine dinning) offering very good food at good prices. Amazing breakfast.
FANTASTIC STAFF!!
We were booked for 2 nights over a weekend, but my boyfriend got quite ill on the Saturday night. At first, I went down to reception to ask if we could check out late, as he wasn't feeling well. By 3 pm (no calls from reception to ask us when were we checking out) we simply decided he wasn't fit to fly, so I went down to let them know we would have to stay another night. The reception staff were extremely nice. The next day when we were checking out they asked how he was and they even gave us a discount (didn't ask) for the 3rd night!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank msstrips
NadezdaRepkova, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2009

Dear Madam/Sir,
we would like to thank you for your positive feedback concerning our staff and service. We will be more than happy to welcome you back in our Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel again.

Nadezda Repkova