“Will stay here again!”

Ranked #22 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Europe
“Will stay here again!”
Reviewed 1 July 2006

The Radisson is centrally located in a side street of Wenzels Square. The building isn't very attractive from the outside, it looks more like an grey office building than a luxury hotel. Things get a lot better inside though, the lobby is spacious with a nice sitting area. The receptionist that checked me in was very efficient and friendly. I had booked a Royal Club Room room and was upgraded to a junior suite, which was a nice surprise, especially considering that I haven't stayed in the hotel before.

The junior suite was located in the top floor and offered a great view of the castle. It was very decent in size but probably not that much larger than their standard or club rooms. I only booked the club room because it included breakfast. Nonetheless, the room was extremely pleasant. For a change, the king-sized bed had a king-sized mattress and not the usual two singles so common in Europe. The matress was very firm, which I love and there were three huge, very bouncy pillows. I haven't slept so well in a hotel for a long time! The room also included a sitting area with sofa and table and a spacious desk. Amenities were all there, fluffy robes, slippers, air con, safe and high-speed internet. The in-room movies are free in the club rooms and junior suites but I didn't have a chance to watch.

The bathroom was extremely spacious with two sinks, a tub and a separate shower. Overall lighting could be a bit better, I showered in semi-darkness which wasn't really a problem though. Otherwise, the room could have done with a few hooks to hang up a jacket and a waste-paper basket in the room, there was only one in the bathroom. This may be the norm in the Czech Republic though, it's not the first time there wasn't a trash can in the room. Perhaps a hygiene issue? Despite these very small issues, the room was very pleasant and comfortable and above those of many other five star hotels I've experienced.

Due to a late lunch I wasn't hungry at dinner time and ordered room service at around 10:30 pm. I ordered a club sandwich with fries, beer and a cheese cake with ice cream. The food arrived at the room 10 minutes after I had placed my order, that must be a record! The waitress who bought the food was also very friendly and got the tray set up quickly without fuss. The sandwich and fries were simply perfect and hot, the cheese cake and ice cream probably came from the hotel's gourmet restaurant and were excellent as well. Only the beer they brought wasn't cold enough for my taste but again, this could be a Czech tradition. The problem was quickly solved by exchanging them with cold ones from the mini bar.

The bed was so comfortable that I was really tempted to skip breakfast but I did eventually manage to get showered and dressed and go for something to eat. The breakfast room is very nicely appointed, not a typical hotel dining room but looks more like a "real" restaurant which it in fact is during lunch and dinner time. The buffet was outstanding, virtually everything you could wish for breakfast was available including sparkling wine and in great quality. A cook in the room will prepare your egg dishes a la minute for you, I had him make me a scrumptious ham and cheese omelet.

Check-out again was very pleasant and quick, they even remembered to ask me for any frequent flyer programs I may be part of so I could acquire miles. I was also positively impressed that they offered me the choice of either a cab or the hotel limo to take me to the airport, openly quoting the price difference, in this case about 500 crowns vs 850 I think. So often hotels just call their limo when you actually want a cab.

Prague has many excellent hotels but I believe I'll be staying in the Radisson again on future trips as it offers a very high standard at a very competitive price.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
17 Thank CamelClass
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 13 July 2006
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you very very much for your kind and nice comments about our hotel and services we provide.

All of us here in the Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel was delighted to read such a positive feedback from you.
This is the best reward and daily effort for every team member to give us more strengh to continue to strive for the 100% guest satisfaction.

We truly hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future in our hotel.

Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 27 June 2006

We stayed at a Royal Club room for a weekend in June. The hotel is nice if you like art-deco design I suppose, but we felt that the hotel was not up to 5-star standard. The club level room was surprisingly small and felt very cluttered - every conceivable surface was covered in brochures and hotel information plus a large number of items from the mini-bar that obviously did not fit in (crisp packets, water bottles, chewing gum packets, chocolate bars)...it would have been nice to have some table surfaces empty.
Also the bathroom only had a combined bathtub / shower - for the price the hotel is charging its club level customers, I would have expected a separate walk-in shower. There is no club-lounge for the customers staying on the club-floor (although you do get a voucher for one free drink to be had in a pretty boring lobby-bar). Fitness Room was small but adequate (there is no swimming-pool). Breakfast-buffet was pretty good with a good selection of various items, including hot food and the staff were generally polite and helpful. That's about it - apart from the architecture of the building, there was nothing that stood out as special. It was clean and adequate but certainly no "wow" factor.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank FirstTravellerLondon
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 7 July 2006
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning our services.

I would like to inform you and our clients that we have opened the Executive lounge which is situated in the lobby next to the Reception area and is avaiable for our guests who are staying at the Royal Club rooms and Suites.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your next visit in the Alcron.

Reviewed 25 May 2006

Went in early April, the service was absolutely exemplary, the concierge - Pavel - was extremely helpful, pre-ordering ballet tickets and a Hotel car. The best thing about the hotel is the decor, it really does make you feel like you're stepping back into the swinging 20s. The Alcron restaurant is very expensive but very pleasant - my recommendation though is just to dine in la Rotunde - the service and quality was better than in any restaurant I have ever been to.
The prices of extras such as from the minibar, room service, hotel cars etc are almost unbelievably cheap (Just remeber, the £ is worth much more than the Czech Koruna).
The location is brilliant - everything really is in walking distance even if you don't like walking, its literally only a few steps to Wenceslas Square - Prague's equivalent of Picadilly Circus, and the Old Town square is just a few steps more.
My recommendation is to go and see a ballet in the theatre of the estates - adjacent to the old Town Square, its where Don Giovanni was premiered and Amadeus was filmed. The staff at the Alcron will sort it out for you.
Overall - superb, the best hotel I have ever been to.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 5 June 2006
Dear Madam/Sir,

thank you very much for your kind words regarding our services and our staff which make exellent team.
The hotel would not exist without its guests and satisfied guests is the best reward we can achieve.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Prague and Alcron as well.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 April 2006

fab hotel good location rooms lovely and clean also good size.staff helpful.breakfast good but expensive,half price at the wkends.had a welcome note and choc desert waiting in our room on arrival, nice touch

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 3 May 2006
Dear Madam/Sir,

we would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback concerning our services.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit to Prague and the Alcron.

Regards

England
Reviewed 19 April 2006

Stayed at the Radisson for Easter weekend for 3 nights. The best feature of the hotel is most definately the staff as they seem to go out of their way to be useful, also they seem to be very aware of the local area and best tourist site opening and closing times which was very useful, esspecially over the holiday period.

We didn't have the best view from the room as our room looked out into other customers windows but then again no complaints as we didn't pay extra for the posh rooms.

The bar does these great drinks called fizzies, unfortunately the taste seems to change on a daily basis. We ordered the same cocktail two days in a row and found that on the first day it tasted sweet and fabulous and the second day we got a glass filled with ice and some very sour liquid at the bottom, was very disappointed!

I think its a shame this hotel has no indoor swimming pool or jacuzzi as i think this would make it a more complete holiday experience.

The breakfast is well worth gettintg up for as every breakfast item conceiveable is available, for the Brits amongst us the only thing lacking is baked beans, but thats not a complaint as there is soo much other stuff to eat. Did not dine at their Alcorn restaurant as we found it bit too pricey!

To sum up this hotel could very easily be a 5 star by making some little changes, as the staff are all already 5 star service providers.

Would stay here again as its very convenient to get to places from but might fork out extra money to have bigger room with better view.

2 Thank MVP56
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 25 April 2006
Dear Madam/Sir,

thank you very much for spending your valuable time and sharing your feelings and experience with others.

We really do appreciate your comments which will for sure help us for our continuing efforts to provide superb service and attitude in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 April 2006

Just got back after spending Easter In Prague, my friend and I went to celebrate her birthday, special thanks to the Guest Relations Manager, Zuzana Kratochvilova who made our stay amazing! The Hotel, food, rooms, service were all wonderful, I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of staying in Prague, and when I return in the future I will definitely stay at the Radisson.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Madam/Sir,

we would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback concerning our services and exellent staff.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Such positive costumer feedback is the best reward we can achieve.

Yours sincerely,
Pasquale Baiguera

Broxburn, Scotland
Reviewed 17 April 2006

Level of noise really bad.
Not near a 5* hotel compared to others I have stayed in.
Staff unhelpful
Booked 2 double rooms got a single and twin and was told they could not be changed.
Non smoking rooms next to smoking rooms so air conditioning means smell comes straight through - awful!
Views from some rooms onto bacl of old battered buildings!
Save your money and stay some where cheaper and better no doubt

5 Thank megolodon
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 24 April 2006
Dear Madam/Sir,

thank you very much for taking your valuable time and letting us know your constructive feedback.

We are really sorry to hear about your experience whilst staying in our hotel.

Please be assured that we have already informed all the management team as a subject of discussion and the action was immediately taken.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to show you are improvements as a commitment to provide better service.

Yours truly,