“Lovely but noisy”

Ranked #56 of 361 Prague B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely but noisy”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

As others noted, the location is just perfect and the apartment accommodations spacious and comfortable. The one thing that marred our two-night stay, however, was the riotous noise from the bar patrons in the street below, making it impossible to have the windows open (no a/c). Even with the double windows closed, the yelling was quite audible -- until 4:00 a.m.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BCS3915

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Glasgow
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Old Town Square so the location could not be better. There is everything you need on your doorstep and within walking distance.

The room was ok, we booked the basic, and I am sure the more expensive rooms would be good value too. We booked through the hotels own website in advance and got a good early booking discount.

I certainly did not hear any noise from pubs or outside on the street but on their website it says that they have soundproofed some of the rooms.

The room itself was roasting and the beds were very comfy. I would definitely go back here again.

A tip for getting to and from the airport is to use http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/ who are cheaper and offer a free walking tour of the city which was also fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cgriff15
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights in December with my girlfriend and my brother. The room was massive, the staff was extremely nice and friendly and the hotels location was perfect. This was my first trip to Prague and everything exceeded my already high expectations. I plan to go back to Prague and will most definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank RobW9999
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Ungelt on the recommendation of our friends who spent their wedding their with their wedding guests in 2006. The rooms are huge (more space than anyone would need, and we had two bedrooms and a tv room for 2 people). I wouldnt try to fit 4 people in it as there is only one bedroom. The hotel was bought out by Hotel Metamorphis, so it was nearly impossible to find out where we were to check in (in the courtyard at that hotel). There is a stair and a small elevator, but you have to unlock a door to a driveway, to get to the door to the stairs, and there is no one to guide you at night. The staff was great and the location was amazing.
Unfortunately, there is a club, which apparently does not close until after 4 am, right down the street from it. The teenage club goers are outside the club, blocking the street, yelling and screaming and breaking bottles all night. I couldnt believe the noise, even WITH ear plugs! There isnt air conditioning so you would want to sleep with the windows open but you cant. I couldnt believe that the neighborhood wouldnt complain to the management of the club to keep the kids inside as they are disturbing everyone for blocks. Dont think I'm a party pooper, I've been up late myself, but not in the street yelling. We even had trouble leaving at 4:45 am in the morning because some drunk (?) kids were sitting in the middle of the street and wouldnt move for the taxi driver to get by. We also paid the equivalent of $300 a night for the room, which I think is expensive in Prague standards.
I hope they can do something about the directions to the check in, and the club, because it would've otherwise been a delightful stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChicagoDerm
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Overall, this was a great hotel! The location can't be beat, and the rooms are huge and amazing!

There are two down-sides to this hotel.
1) It's a bit of a fire-trap. There is only one small elevator that you can take up and down, and no stairs. Don't look for a fire escape, because it doesn't exist. This was particularly bad when we tried to leave while the front desk clerk was on break. He locked down the elevator as a security precausion, and so we couldn't leave!

2) There's a bar that just openned next to the hotel. Bring ear-plugs.

One outstanding aspect of this hotel was one of the front-desk clerks, by the name of Vladamir. He went out of his way to tell us about places in the area, and assist us during our stay in general. He was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. He helped to make our stay a great one!

TRAVEL TIP: People in the Czech Republic like to haggle, so I'd suggest calling and seeing what the best rate is that they can offer you. It'll be lower than what's published on-line

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank VaJosh
RoyalRezidenceUngelt, General Manager at Royal Residence Ungelt, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Ad 1) Thank you for all comments. Please note that elevator is located on the left side of the floor and on the apposite side (arround the corner), there is an emergency staircase (in all floors) which is always open to get outside. We have also new reception area located in Tyn 10, which is now open 24hrs a day.. Newly, your room key is suitable to all locks (parking area, entrance to the hotel, all emergency exits and your room.)
Ad 2) Hotel is located in the very city centre which could cause any noise. Please note that we are planning to make double-glazed windows until the end of November.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Great location near Old town square; Friendly and courteous staff and very attentive to needs of guests. Enjoyed my stay with my family; One of the reception staff, Vladimir, even went out of his way to help us out with a lost item. Would go back again.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
roma
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I use to travel a lot around the world, for business and to discover other cultures. I was very impressed by the Ungel t hotel, first of all the location is perfect, near the central Stare mesto in the heart of the town. The welcome was perfect, and madame Janoskova tried to help me in any way to make my journey comfortable and easy. The suites are very big and silent, an ideal place to rest. I suggest it to people that like hotels de charme, not usual tourists places, with really a character and helpful people. Praga is a safe town, I walked everywhere in the center even very late without any problem, and it is one of the most beautiful towns in the worls. If you love culture you have to spend there some days, Services in the suites are brand news. You can also have a meal out of the normal hours and served with a smile in your suite. The quality of this hotel compared with the price make a clear advantage for our pockets. I visited in my life many hotel de charme, fron the Gazelle d'or in Morocco to the belavista in macau or raffles in Singapore, this hotel belongs to the same kind -)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business