US$154
  • Pool
US$117
US$100
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$161
US$282
US$237
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hotelhave tea coffee making facilitiesworking perfectlyminute walkroom was cleaned dailyairport expressbreakfast roombus stationfree wificharles bridgesingle roomnon smokingold town squareair conditioningthe room was nicereception deskczech republic
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have just come back from a 3 night mini break in Prague and stayed at this hotel. I stayed in a twin room with a relative. The hotel from the outside looks impressive. The reception area is smart, elegant and clean. Once we arrived in our room, we found it to be very clean and well presented. It's not an uber modern place but that wouldn't suit the style of the hotel. It was nicely decorated with good quality fittings and in keeping with the charm of the place. Looked really pleasant.

The beds were comfy, the bathroom had obviously been newly renovated and was attractive. They provide many towels, toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. The staff had even left a bowl of fruit for us in the room. How thoughtful! The only down side is no tea/coffee making facilities but this might not be the norm in Prague... We had dinner at the hotel on our first night as we arrived late and didn't fancy walking around in the late evening to find a restaurant. The hotel restaurant couples itself with the bar and is cosy. The waitress was wonderful and polite - very efficient too. The food was reasonably priced and very tasty! Worth dining in there. Small downside is some people at a nearby table were smoking but you get this wherever you go in Prague. Wasn't to wiffy though so they must've had good ventilation. Breakfast was pretty good - the obvious continental selection of cheeses, ham, salami, breads, pastries etc. There was a 'hot' selection of sausages/cooked ham, eggs, beans and pancakes. However, the hotel put the baked beans and pancakes in a bowl so they were cold! Nice enough breakfast tho.

The hotel is located only 10 minutes walk to the old town so was very handy for exploring. Also a tram stop right outside and a subway station and bus station a couple of minutes walk away.There is a main road by the hotel so can be a little noisy from traffic/sirens at night time. However, there is double glazing so this cuts out a fair bit of noise. The little park and bridge by the hotel are a little run down and has some graffitti which spoils the view a little.

However, don't let these minor issues detract you from staying. I'd go back to the hotel any time and would totally recommend this hotel to anyone! There were very good facilities and it really is charmingly decorated.The staff also left a gift for us on the last night of our stay which was really wonderful of them. It's all these little touches that make the experience unique and personal!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank eal202
Reviewed 11 January 2013

It was my first time in Prague and Hotel Opera was an interesting stay. There was a haunted lonesome ambience to the old lady. My room, upon entering, threw me for a loop but a good loop. High ceilings, thick bright drapes, furnished in an older, plush style, it opened on a balcony with highly ornate columns that looked out upon the bleak canvas that was once Kafka's cage and his wings. I spent five days alone in Prague, walking for hours, for years, through streets that were all cobblestones it seemed and spending the evening of New Years on the Charles Bridge. I was born into 2013 on that bridge. The hotel staff was kind and accomodating and all that I asked for they tried to accomodate to the best of their ability. Still, the heavy sensation of the hotel, to me, arouse perhaps more from projection of the history of the building upon the place it is now. Would I stay again? Quite possibly. I am not damning with faint praise, but contemplative about the effect of the five day stay, wich may not become known to me for some time to come.

Room Tip: I stayed only in one room and it had the bathtub I had asked for a good view. Perhaps ask for the view - there are sidestreets on either side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank VikeSavoth
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hotel is in a very good location and easy walking to old town. The room was fine - clean and reasonably spacious. Minibar well stocked and very cheap! The restaurant was closed for dinner (it was very quiet) but the bar served from the menu - I took menu of the day which was tremendous value, amply portioned and very tasty. Reception staff curt but efficient, bar/food waitress, a delight! Room rate very well priced considering its position.
Breakfast included was super. Good variety of cold cuts/cheese, breads, pastries, fruit, fried eggs, bacon, sausages - really could not fault - the restaurant was used for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaun321
HotelOperaPrague, Director of Sales at Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you very much for your positive review. We would be delighted to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Opera last July. The hotel is beautiful, very well located and personnel are very friendly. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. My room wasn´t facing the street, so it was really quiet. The bathroom was really big and comfy, as well as the bed.The hotel is walking distance from Namesti Republiky and two blocks from the subway (Florenc station). Breakfast is OK, although you could tell that the kitchen was a smoking room (as the whole city is). They were supposed to pick me at the airport but they were late, so they got really worried and called me to let me know. In the end, I took a taxi but when I left Prague they took charge of the taxi that drove me to the station, which was really nice. I definitely recommend Opera Hotel, as it shows you the real Czech experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CamiySan
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This hotel is located within 15 minutes walk from the centre of town. It is located within 5 minutes from the river, and with a decent choice of bars and restaurants nearby. We used the hotel for a mini-seminar, which it was not equipped for. Therefore the seminar took place in the bar during daytime. The rooms were nice, but the walls so thin that you could hear the neighbours TV set even at very low volume. The breakfast was hearty, but cleanliness could have been better.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business