“Nice gift shop with museum attached”
Review of Mucha Museum

Ranked #74 of 950 things to do in Prague
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A museum devoted to the work of internationally known Art Noveau artist Alphonse Mucha.
Montreal, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice gift shop with museum attached”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you're a big fan of Mucha, then by all means go. Otherwise, I have to say it's a pretty small museum and rather expensive for what it contains. It talks a lot about Mucha's masterpiece, the series of paintings called the Slav Epic, but none of those paintings are in this museum, you'll need to go somewhere else to see them. I enjoyed the hour I spent here, but there are a lot of things to see in Prague so unless you're a Mucha fan (which I'm not particularly), I'd say save your money and time and go elsewhere.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Make sure to go!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stumbled into the Mucha museum and were so impressed to learn about this illustrious Czech. Once you have watched the movie about his life you won't look at Prague the same way again. He designed the backs of coins, the Parliament, churches, practically everything! Aside from that, his art is a global signifier for the art nouveau style (such as the famous Absinthe ad). Fascinating look at the history of the Czech Republic as well as graphic design. Time to view is about 2 hours, maybe less. Combination tickets are sold for the Kafka museum. Nice gift shop too.

1 Thank Sabsy_c
Columbus, Ohio, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice museum, but small.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. Small but good exhibition. Variety of art pices. Good detailed descriptions. The museum has a gift shop with posters, calendars, bookmarks, postcards, even silk scarfs. No AC inside the museum.

1 Thank Yulia G
Santa Barbara, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a trip if you love modern art”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Based on Rick Steve's suggestion, we went to this museum. It was a highlight of my Prague trip. Of course, I am an art lover. So if you don't love art or appreciate fantastic graphic design and illustration, you may not have as favorable an experience. Definitely watch the movie about Mucha. His craftsmanship is amazing. I appreciate him much more as a result of seeing the museum. I agree with other reviewers, if you want to see the Slav Epic, make sure you get to the National Gallery to see this work that took 18+ years of his life to create.

Costa Mesa, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not sure it's worth the price”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Don't get me wrong, his works are amazing. The short film was informative as well. I went by Rick Steve's book on my trip and I was expecting to pay 160 to get in. It was actually 240, and to me not worth the price of admission. I would rather have seen his Slav Epic. I did pick up some gifts from the museum gift shop that my friends and family loved. His works definitely are a must see.