“A little bit of Alphonse Mucha”
Review of Mucha Museum

Ranked #80 of 959 things to do in Prague
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A museum devoted to the work of internationally known Art Noveau artist Alphonse Mucha.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was really looking forward to the visit to the museum as I adore the work of Mucha. The museum was very small but I had been expecting that after reading Trip Advisor comments. It had an array of beautiful lithograph prints and a few paintings together with some sketches. I found the DVD interesting. The museum shop was quite expensive so although we decided to support the Mucha brand if you want cheaper examples of Mucha merchandise it is very accessible within souvenir shops and markets in the city.

1  Thank Zena D D
There are newer reviews for Mucha Museum

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I've been a fan of Mucha's gorgeous women since I first saw them, and was happy to have the opportunity to visit this museum.

Although this museum is small, it is very fine and contains an extensive collection of his beautiful posters, as well as a few paintings. I was unfamiliar with his paintings but quite enjoyed them.
Take a few moments to read the cards. They were very informative and explained much of the symbolism, background, and detail work. His art has many layers beyond the beautiful women.

Also make time for the video which was interesting and informative after seeing it, we made a point of going to see the Slavic Epic. And "epic" it was indeed. An artist of many unexpected depths.

I would highly recommend this museum to any fan of art.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The museum is not as great as you would think. It's like a small corridor full of prints. The prints are spectacular, but I was expecting a bit more, like jewelry. The video was too long and since it was summer, it was not very comfortable watching through it all.
I would rather spend the time and just a bit more money for a full ticket to the Castle.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

In comparison with the huge number of souvenirs Czech's sell to tourists with Mucha's art on it , this museum is small and doesn't contain a lot of Mucha's work... only two rooms with posters does not exactly create a good memory of Mucha !

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had no idea that Mucha was such a history. It was a beautiful experience. I could have spent so much more time