“Horrible”
Review of Abri

Abri
Ranked #449 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Hotel recommended by Air Miles site.
Location good, but Hotel dirty, old, no maintenance at all, nothing what shows on the web.
Room very dirty, bathroom was not cleaned at all, as could find big marks from previous guest. Carpet with big black stains everywhere, cob webs around the corners.
Total disaster. I have called airmiles and asked to be move ASAP, could not stay more than 1/2h.
Almost ruined my birthday weekend.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Val49London

Reviewed 1 June 2009

Dear all,
Ive just returrned today the 1st of June 2009 from staying at this hotel for three days.
The room is clean but very basic. No coffee or tea facilities in the room and a Television which has no remote control.
The breakfast was very basic and very sparse.
The staff were ignorant and unfriendly.
This hotel is not in the centre of Prague. It is a good thirty minuite walk to the old town.
I will not recommend this hotel to my friends or family.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Very disappointed especially with the breakfast.Dining room staff very unfriendly,no cereal bowls available,if you want a cereal you have to have it in a cup.One morning I took off with two dry bread rolls for my six year old who refused to come down for his breakfast and the staff member came running out shouting after me and began shouting in czech to the reception staff.They explained why she was shouting,I almost expected the police to come to me.It was horrible and I never felt so humiliated in all my life.It absolutely ruined my holiday and of course the manager was 'unavailable'.I'll never forget the ugliness and the bad manners of it .Don't go to hotel abri, theres a reason why its cheap. The rooms were also very basic and we had initially booked for 3 adults and 1 child and the room only contained 1 double bed and 2 makeshift beds that were no way suitable for an adult.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MaxMicky
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Booked into the Abri from Sunday for five nights in March. The hotel itself is in a great location, close to tram stops and a 10 minute walk away from Metro Namesti Miru. Plenty of nice pubs & restaurants nearby.
Would consider the hotel to be an average two star, the rooms are basic but comfortable, however the breakfast is just an excuse, the worst I have experienced in my travels. Ended up just taking the coffee and toast as there was little or no selection of meats, cheese, bread rolls etc, plus no fruit or yogurt on offer.
My first night on Sunday was okay and I slept soundly, however the next two nights, Monday & Tuesday were a nightmare. A school tour with twenty loud teenagers booked in on Monday, and were making a little noise throughout the hotel when I went to bed at 12:30am, however I managed to get off to sleep. But at 03:50am to 05:30am I was awoken by the noise coming from the room next door. Just kids making noise all night, may have been drunk.
When I complained the next morning at the desk to the woman on duty and requested a room change, she replied that there was no point in changing a room as they had a Portuguese school tour in rooms all over the hotel and an Italian one booking in later that day. In fact I was told that I was the only guest staying that was not part of a School tour. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that he was not available. She said she would talk to the School organisers and to give it another night.
The Tuesday night was a nightmare, constant noise, doors banging, shouting, singing the whole night through. When I went down to the front desk to complain, the hotel person on duty was drinking wine with the underage kids and replied what do you expect when there is school tour in the hotel. I just had to go back to my room and suffer it.
Next morning, I phoned up yeego.com and left a message about the situation, then rang up a few hotels until finally I got in for two nights in the Hotel Tyl. Packed up, handed in the key to the front desk and headed for the other hotel for some sleep. Yeego have said that they will try and get me a refund for the two nights I did not stay at the Abri.
My recommendation to anybody who reads this is to avoid this place, unless you don’t need any sleep during the night.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank pdhx
Reviewed 19 March 2009

A group of 10 of us stayed here for my stag weekend, having previously booked into the San Marco Palace we had to be transferred here as apparently (and I quote) 'a group of Italians has broken the beds'. Likely story.

Anyway, the hotel was clean and very very spacious, the shower was great ( I think we were in room 402) which had a nice sunny window which opened up for a nice breeze which was much needed with a hang over.

We never made it to breakfast, but we did drink in the bar before we went out and this was very cheap (around 80p for a pint of Czech beer).

There is a computer in reception with free internet which was quite fast and was always free when we passed by.

The girl on reception was charmless and didn't really seem like she wanted to help but she did point out a good restaurant to go to.

All in all a good stay, which is close enough to all the attractions of Prague (about 10-15mins to the Wensceslas Square) and the tram stop is a short walk away.

Just one tip - try to find drinking places around the back streets and your hotel as the drinks are 2-3 times more expensive once you get to Wensceslas Square.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank kevkan82
Reviewed 1 February 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend break to Prague.  The hotel was clean but basic. The room was quite large for a 3 star hotel and was comfortable but it had no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The staff were efficient but not overly friendly. The only real poor aspect to it was the breakfast. They offered no recognisable cereal or fruit juice, the only choice was the usual european ham and cheese, plates of cucumber and tomatoes, cake and sliced bread for toast. It is in a quiet side street only 3 minutes walk to the tram and just under 10 minutes to the metro. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good mid-range hotel at a reasonable cost, apart from the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank rhisnan
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Hotel abri is much better than described. It is in a great area of town, with many local pubs and restaurants with much better prices and more authentic than in Old Town Square, and it is very close to the A line which takes you to all tourist areas (even though you can also walk there-Prague is small).
The hotel itself is great, good size room and bathroom, good hair dryer, comfortable beds. The bed was two twin beds put t ogether and you have individual comforters. The only thing I did not like is the carpet is very old and seems dirty. They are very helpful in the reception area, can buy water, beer, chips, etc, even stamps to send postacards, there is a working computer for free internet use and the breakfast is ok too, includes coffee, tea, tang orange juice, variety of breads, yogurt, granola, cereal, ham and cheese, cake and some fruit.
Very good experience, especially liked the excellent location; if you go, go to U Draka for potato pancakes with meat and to hlucna samota for beer and dinner (here they serve food until 11pm)

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mcas08