“DIRTY, Old and not more than 1 1/2 stars,”
Review of Hotel Amadeus

Hotel Amadeus
Ranked #360 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The one who gave the hotel 3* was blind or bribed!!! The only thing what was 3* was the room size. We had two double rooms and both were dirty. The matresses were veeeery old but no matress cover; only a very thin bed sheet covered with stains and hair from previous guests. The toilet was stinky and the shower was mould infested (in the corners).

The small TV had no remote control but the signal was bad anyhow!!

The only good thing were: T
1) the breakfast is actually not served by the hotel, but in a more or less decent Restraurant that is actually in the same building - so the quality was on a 3* standard.
2) The main Bus station is just an 8mins walk away and by tram it takes only 6 stops to get to Wenzel square!!

Conclusion: There are other hotels for maybe 5€ more, but they are well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Nickat2014
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Hi,
thank you for your opinion.
Yes, hotel isn´t newly opened, I think it always depends on what each client expecting.
I didn´t seen rooms in state you have described, unfortunately no one informed reception desk neither me. After problems with remote controls we have exchanged them and also Televisions. thank you for good point as a breakfast, but venceslas Square is only 3 stops by tram NO. 9 from hotel.
I wish you nice time

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at this property while visiting Prague for 3 nights. The accommodations served it's purpose, but I would most likely not stay again. The bedding was worn and the carpet was old~however...the location was great~two tram stops to the train station and a short ride into town. The best part about this stay was the breakfast that was included. The front desk was very nice as well. we left very early on our way to Vienna and they provided us with a bag breakfast. It was inexpensive, but then you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been visiting the Amadeus Aparthotel for two years running. I am planning to visit them agian in the September/October period. The Amadues is about 200 meters away from the nearest Tram rail which will take you all over the city. The staff is swell and always go the extra mile to ensure your needs are met. Unless I have been put into a palatial suite by mistake (twice) my 'home' was really just that. From a small kitchen and stove, working and hygienically clean fridge , to the clean and well looked after bathrooms it was just a pleasure to be in the hotel. Never a complaint about a unmade room or filthy bedding or towels . This place is a small treasure. Do not advertise it too widely. My fee per night will rise and I will be forced to seek cheaper and - with some luck- real bad lodgings. My only and single comment is that the hotel could be more involved in the morning breakfast and do try and break a very monotonous menu

Room Tip: The Hotel Amadeus does offer a currency exhange at very favorable rates that makes th first day in P...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank IVAN_ERASMUS
Reviewed 19 March 2012

+ price
+ our room was quite big
+ the breakfast was ok
+ we could leave our luggage in the 'luggage room' for all day
+ the location was fine

- the biggest disadvantage was that the room wasn't clean - there were someones' hair under the pillow, there was MOULD in the shower. Because of that, the whole apartament stink - it was disgusting.
- the neighbourhood wasn't safe - I wouldn't recoomend it for girl-friends
- the dinnig room was really nice but too small - some people had to wait for the table

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Agnieszka J
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Agnieszka,
I thank you for your reviews, Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
We know about problems with some shower tubs they are worn out with peeled paint.
We have already started to change them, I feel very pity you didn´t ask receptionist for other room. Please, don´t hesitate to contact receptionist or me anytime.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

The hotel room was excellent. We rented a kitchenette for a very reasonable price. The room was big, had a fridge and stove, a balcony facing in to a beautiful common patio area, and also had a view of a not so nice backyard of someone else...

The front staff could learn a thing or two on how to treat there guests, or even how to put a smile on their face. Otherwise the price point for this room was fantastic, and it is only a couple few blocks walk to a tram stop which will help get you to any place you like. The tram and metro transportation system in Prague is excellent, you should never have to rent a taxi.

The continental breakfast here was fairly good. They had cold cuts for meat, cheese spread, taost, coffee, orange juice, cereal, yogurt, hot dogs, and a few other things. I was satisfied every morning :)

If friends needed to I would say to look at this hotel, but I myself would try something else next time that is a little closer to the main attractions. It felt just a little to far off from things which made we want to stay in at night rather than go adventure out. And not feeling welcome made this place feel a lot lest comforting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RandyRedd
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Hello,
thank you for your opinion.
I am sorry for your feelings, We have been trying to keep our hotel welcoming, but sometime someone fail it on expense all hotel staff..
We will glad to see you again, but understand if not.
Have a nice time and lot of nice experiences from Prague

Reviewed 26 September 2011

It is a simple hotel, but I really enjoyed my stay there. It’s not expensive, situated in quiet district. You can easily get the centre of city by tram (just a few stops). The nearest stop is at a distance of 200-300 metres from hotel. Breakfasts are average, nothing impressive. The restaurant in the hotel offers a good food at a rather high rate, but there are a great number of restaurants, cafes and bars (especially on Vilkova and Borivojova streets) so you can easily find place to eat.
Rooms, that we’ve got was not very spacious but quite comfortable and a single one has separate bathroom and toilet. A room which was close to reception was a bit noisy, so try to avoid it.
I’d say it a good place for economical stay in Prague, I would return there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Me and my husband went here early June and when we arrived we saw this so hobo looking woman at the desk.Me and my husband always keep our reservations on our mini laptop as papers get lost so easily. The lady at the desk reacted mad and rolled her eyes at us when she saw we did this. I dont know if it was because my husband is black but he felt that it was personal.Also the cleaning lady was so unfriendly!From the moment I arrived I just felt like crying as we had been looking forward to see Prague for a long time.
The breakfast room was way too small.
At night I couldnt sleep as drunks were yelling and singing in the corridor and our door did not have a good lock.I just read that robbers are active in the hotel and I am not surprised. I am happy me and my husband did not take our ipods, ipad and other luxury stuff with us.
When after site seeing we came back home we did not feel safe in the streets around the hotel.I dont know if I am just a spoiled us tourist as we normally never go low cost but at least a feeling of safety is required.Maybe people from the Eastern part of Europe feel more at ease at the hotel as most of the clients are from there but not mixed couples.
I have nothing in personal against the hotel, their rooms, food, etc but they should definitely change the female at the front because even other guests were complaining about her. I dont know her name but she is old, shabby looking, doesnt like to work and smells like cigarettes.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GenevieveP1985

Dear clients,

thank you for your review, it is also usefull.
I am very sorry for not nice behavior of our reception woman.
I regret your bad feelings in hotel surroundings.
There is a lot of restaurants, bars, and pubs and people may be noisy on their way to the bed.
Yes, on spring 2011 was one room broken into, but finaly because fo client has forgoten to lock door.
I work here 8 years and I have never had a problem with robbers, although I sometimes leave late.
I hope you will visit Prague again and gain better experiences