“Just wonderful!”

Ranked #108 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Helsinki, Finland
“Just wonderful!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The building was so beautiful, I thought I was not worthy enough to live in such an environment. But it was truelly worth every penny I spent. The breakfastplace, in the former theatre-sal (sorry, I do not know the proper word in english, but you can see it in the pictures), was wonderful. Breakfast was just splendid, And the friendliness of the personnel was matched by that.

As a finn, I wanted to try the sauna and was amazed. It was just excellent. As an hotelguest you could reserve the sauna every day for free, and it was just great. Like a roman bath, and the actual sauna was one of the best I ever visited. Smooth and soft "löyly".

And the room was not big, but quite big enough. Luxurious. Bed very comfortably and nice. Personnel loving and lovely, real true people you can trust, as the czech people anyhow. And I loved the design of the room. It was like timeless. We had some things in the way of the wiev of our windows, but if you put your head in the skylight window, you could see the Žižkov-statue and the upper part of a church tower from it. I was happy to be able to open the windows but not to be able to fall from it. And at nighttime you really could see the sky. Stars and such.

The room had a refridgerator, and what I loved most, a possibiity to make excellent coffee (or tea, who drinks that?). Coffee was on the house. When I asked for more coffee, I got plenty.

Nice bar too, open every day and very stylish.

The nearest metrostation was two tramstops away, Flora. And there was a very fine shoppingmall and the main cemetery with Kafkas grave and all. The surroundings of the hotel are great, It is like a wonderland. Workerquarters formerly, but now a place to meet the people in Praha, near innercity. Very hip and cool. :-D Cozy. I made friends for life.I myself am a woman of 45 years of age, so do not be afraid to plunge in, I met peopole of every ages, from teens to elderly in these quarters.

Had a great time, when I go to Praha again, and I will go, maybe with my children the next time, I will go to this same hotel. Very priceworthy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Consuelo S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was not actually the hotel I had booked, but due to a computer glitch at a sister hotel close by, they put us in a room at this one. I will say that it worked out in our favor as the hotels were virtually identical in terms of amenities, but the Theatrino is optimally placed right next to the #9 tram, which gets you to the heart of Prague in 4 stops. This hotel offers free breakfast, which is served in a beautiful old theater. There is a bar and a sauna in the hotel too (neither of which I used).

As for cons, I can only really think one. I thought the room was a bit too hot at times. It was very big though, so that was nice. The mini-bar in our room was dirt cheap, and well used.

The staff was incredibly friendly, and made our stay very nice. I will definitely come back here next time I am in Prague.

Room Tip: Try to get a lower floor. They aren't so hot.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Flick847
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel itself looks nice. But if you are planning to have a drink before going to sleep, you'd better find some place else.
Starting from the attitude to the clients (which is not very pleasant) ending with much more unpleasant story.
Here is one: In the evening my friends and I went for a drink to that bar. I ordered panini. There were a lot of people, so slow service is understandable situation. Finally I got my panini (sandwich with paper-wrapped end). It was fine. But when I wanted to finish my panini of course I took the paper off...MY PANINI WAS BITTEN from the other side. I can hardly imagine how this situation could've happen by chance. It didn't really come to my mind to check it before eating. Surprise!! From that time I lost an appitite for papini. Bartender acted like "well..s**t happens."
However, receptionist was nice and helpful. He showed understanding dealt with the problem.

Be careful and have a pleasant experience only!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Poisonedfeather S
Bratislava
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel Theatrino is a member of Ave Hotels, close to the downtown. I stayed there more than 5 times. They offer standart rooms. 3*/4*, classic buffet breakfast in charming theatre hall. Tunisian and ukrainian staff are very helpfull. Czech not too much :) I love this hotel for location, charm, good sleep quality and for good price of course.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank michalz
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We went for a short break the hotel was lovely and the service was great, the staff spoke good English and was very helpful with tram services and restaurant in the area, our room was cleaned every day and was very functional for our need will be visiting again

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and me are very dissapointed about the quality of this so-called 4*hotel. It's a trickery. Our room was dirty, the towels were off-white instead of white an smelled of vinegar. The toilett and the bath were separated and both stank of sewage. The curtain in the bath was dirty. The only positive thing was breakfast in a very beutiful theatre room. The hotel stuff was not friendly. Anyway the homepage of this hotel doesn't correspond the real living conditions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Banbury
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Lovely hotel which was spotlessly clean. Fair breakfast for the price and excellent transport links in to the centre. I've stayed in Prague 10 times and this is the best hotel in the Zizkov area. If you don't mind catching the tram into town, save some money and stay here. Tram stop less than 100 meters.

Rooms are quite spacious with ensuite bathrooms, wardrobes, free safes, tv and tea and coffee. They also have a minibar which is not badly priced. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby, and helpful reception staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends