“Best service in Europe”

Ranked #219 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best service in Europe”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Let me start by explaining that i have been to over a dozen cities across various continents in the last couple of years. And i can confidently say that staying in The Charles was one of the best experience in terms of convenience, ease and Service.
The hotel is in a prime location, situation in the heart of Prague a minute walk away from Charles Bridge. Its surrounded by ATMs, banks, shops, restaurants, bars and above all, its surrounded by beautiful music all around in the form of street musicians..Waking up to a soulful sound of violin is everyone's dream when visiting a beautiful city like Prague.
What sets it apart though is the people working at the hotel and their ever smiling, pleasant service. I was surprised to see how quick their response time was even before i traveled, with regards to my queries and requests of airport transfer, confirmation letter etc. Within minutes i would receive a response and always a positive one. The people there, especially Samir and Daria are an asset that every hotel should be proud of as they were extremely couteous, friendly, helpful and eager to help. Thanks a lot for making the entire stay so pleasant guys.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the street to wake up to beautiful music and fresh breeze
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Sameer3014
TheCharlesHotel, Operation Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Sameer,
well, we could hardly wish better review...it is very kind of you that you shared experience with our other clients.
Seems we did our job well and made your time better - the most important.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards from Prague,
Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great location and value.
Samir (person at reception) was extremely helpful, friendly, and provided excellent customer service. He gave us great recommendations for tours and exchange money location.

The room was spacious for European standards. The washroom was also spacious and newly renovated.
Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and me booked the room while traveling around Czech Republic (mostly driving). I have received a mail that certain problems occurred in holding the prepayment by the hotel. I have provided another credit card details (it should be noted that all cards were active and had a sufficient balance) while leaving krumlov (200km from Prague).
We came to the hotel and found out that the booking was rejected, the hotel has no rooms.
We had luggage and the car which was to be taken by the driver from the hotel, but we were to move to another hotel. The lady at the reception told they failed to proceed the transaction (all the previous and further hotels succeeded).
They could even call me... I have lost time which could be spend on hanging around Prague. Did not expect such formal approach.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nastyun4ic
TheCharlesHotel, Operation Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am sorry to have state that your review is irrelevant and rating given is highly unfair.

We made no mistakes in your reservation and you have not stayed in our hotel - we would rather expect your respect as we helped you in hard times...

Please note that some agencies pretend to be hotel directly - it is not our fault if you become their victim and we do not confirm their reservations. We will appreciate every information on such agencies. Thank you!

Wish you all the best on your travel and hope to prove our quality on your next visit of our beautiful city.

Regards from Prague,
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was very impressed with the service i received for the whole time i stayed in this hotel. Samir was such an accommodating and helpful person. The other staff weren't quite as friendly, but he outshone them. The hotel itself was perfectly located for us to walk around the city and explore the sights Prague had to offer. The decor was really quaint, and quirky and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road which may be noisier at night time with passers by or the bar nex...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ElleForder
Dear Elle Forder,
thank you very much for your review.
We are all very glad to read that you were satisfied in our hotel and hope to meet you again on your next visit of our historic city.

Best regards from Prague,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I picked this hotel based on location as I was only in Prague for 4 days and feel I lucked out. It is a few steps from the Charles Bridge and close to most of the major tourist attractions in Mala Strana. Stare Mesto and all the relevant sites there are just across the bridge and are, therefore, also quite close. Once you walk through Stare Mesto you eventually arrive at Nove Mesto and by that time you will have seen most of what you needed to cover. I walked all the way to Zizkov from this hotel. If you stay here, you need no car, not even public transit. The hotel itself is in a historic property which is something I really like and appreciate. That means that luxury hotel extras aren't part of the deal. I don't think there's a swimming pool or spa or anything but that's okay. The breakfasts were modest and nothing to write home about but that is okay, too. The hotel is quite affordable so I think these little sacrifices are worth it. There are restaurants, cafes, convenience stores close by. There's even a McDonald's a few steps away, if you don't feel inspired by anything else. People seem to complain of the noise. It did not bother me. I think some rooms overlook an interior courtyard and tend to be more quiet. Mala Strana tends to be busy with night-life so if that is a concern a chain hotel in Nove Mesto may be a better option.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the interior courtyard if noise is a concern
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Helena M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel I originally wanted was booked, so a representative from AMOMA.com called to ask if I'd rather be put at the Charles Hotel. I reluctantly said, "Sure," so I had no idea what to expect when I got there. But I was pleasantly surprised!

Our room was on the third/fourth floor. It was clean and definitely had a Bohemian charm about it, from the wallpaper to the wood beam ceilings. Sure, there were a couple of cracks in the walls/floors, but nothing that caused concern. The bathroom was very modern, so I'm sure it was recently remodeled. The shower was great, with consistent hot water and beautiful features.

The service was very nice and helpful, from check-in to check-out. I was glad that breakfast was included, as that helped keep our costs down. It was buffet-style with a decent amount of options. I have a lot of food allergies/sensitivities, so I couldn't eat the fresh fruit or yogurt, but there was whole wheat bread available for toast, cold cuts and cheese, and pastries, so I was fine. The coffee machine is key!

And the location was phenomenal! The Charles Bridge is all of a two-minute walk away, so the whole city was at our feet really, really easily. We only used transportation to get to/from the airport/train station, and after exploring the Castle because we were exhausted of all that walking! The bus stop is only a block away.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Charles Hotel. Like some other reviewers said, it's definitely not a 4-star-looking hotel, but it was charming, so we enjoyed. I'd recommend to anyone coming to Prague for sightseeing, not someone who wants to stay cooped up in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-level floor; we didn't hear any noise on the 3rd/4th.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vonetta Y
london
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A group of friends and I went for a short break and stayed at the Charles. Absolutely brilliant location. It's convenient for all that you want to see on a short break. The hotel itself is lovely with wonderful high ceilings and lots of historic detail. There was a minor issue with our rooms but that was sorted out quickly and breakfast is tucked away in a airless basement. We also had problems with our shower however none of this distracted from the charm of the hotel. The staff were very helpful whenever we had a question or issue to resolve. We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends