“Good value”

Ranked #570 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Valkeakoski, Finland
“Good value”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were actually surprised about the value we got with this hotel. Everything is in good basic level, quite OK breakfast, room was simple but clean and the location is good. Maybe the reception staff could be a bit more friendly and attentive. With the price we paid this hotel was good value anyway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Petrij2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 April 2013

3-star hotel just near the Masarykova train station, 5-10 minutes walk to the historical part of the city (that was super). Also there is a mini-market just across the street. The hotel is run down a little, but for the price/location was ok (60 euro/night for double room).

The reception is on the 2nd floor, so we need to take a lift (which is quite slow). It took a while until we got the room keys because we had first to fill in some forms.

The room we got was N.412, with skewed ceiling just under the roof. The room was quite small, with double bed, 2 small bedside-tables, one writing-table, 2 chairs, a wardrobe and an additional folding bed inside. The WC and shower were, hmmm, really joined :) I mean the shower was installed just directly within the bathroom wall, without any drip pad - there was only a drain in the floor and additional sliding door made over the bathroom door. Looked funny for us :) And there were no shower holder so I had to soap and wash myself separately...

Anyway, it was really cold outside, but the room was however warm enough. Despite the train and tram stations just at the corner, it was not noisy at all. Wifi had to be paid separately, around 3 euro/day. Breakfast included, nothing special, some ham, sausages, coffee, muffins etc - just ok for the price and quality. Juice was really bad (probably they took the cheapest powder one).

Room Tip: Check in after 14-00, check out before 12-00. Room is to be payed in cash (euro or Czech crowns) or...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The location is great. That's the only positive aspect about this hotel. The receptionist did speak a bit of English, but really only a bit. They waitress did'nt speak English at all. The personnel was unfriendly, they seemed annoyed by foreign guests and you'll wait in vain for a good morning or goodbye.

Room Tip: If you want a cheap room, you should go to a hostel, they have private rooms. They are even cheaper...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katie D

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Sandown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

we were allocated this hotel as part of a stag package,on first arrival,the hotel looks rundown,a very old rickety lift takes you to reception which is strangely on the second floor,the receptionist was surly and unhelpful,our room was very dated and poorly furnished,although I must say quite clean,we were on bed and breakfast the dining room was clean and the continental breakfast adequate,this hotel is very close to all city center attractions,walking time about 10 mins,having stayed in prague several times,this was very poor ,although as I have said the proximity is good,and would as we found be tolerable for a couple of nights if it comes at the right price.

Room Tip: dont stay here,as there are plenty of well priced more welcoming hotels in prague.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank steve v
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I used to stay in this hotel a number of years ago when I used to pass through Prague quite regularly. I had not been to Prague for about 10 years now before my recent trip. As I knew this hotel, I decided to stay there again.
I was only in Prague for one night. I booked the hotel at an extremely reasonable price.
On arrival, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and found my room was to my liking. Clean and a nice bathroom.
I was leaving early the following morning, before breakfast, and they gave me a good packed meal to take with me as I was missing breakfast. I remember the breakfasts from my previous visits all those years ago, and presume they are still as good. It was a self-service buffet-style breakfast, and had a good selection of food.
The hotel is just a short walk away from the old town, and Wenceslas Square. The main railway station is also about 5 minutes walk away, so very good location.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will stay there again on my next Prague visit, whenever that will be.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

i had a lovely room for the money on the second floor the staff where helpful that what they are there for i have not come to spend time with them so if they are moody so what poor things are at work lol but in all the hotel so sound clean breakfast plenty they kept topping up i found the place plesaent for me stay i went with a friend for 3 days and it was enough i will be going back, but is better deal direct with the hotel or through the web like i did last time Umm ?? and for me the location was good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Braga, Portugal
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Excellent location (5m-10m walking to old town square), next to a metro station and a tram station.
Clean towels every day. Good breakfast: milk, juices (not good), bread, sausages, cheese, ham, butter, cereals, ...
Small bathroom.
We've paid 15€ each per night.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends