“Dissapointed with accomodation”

Ranked #95 of 649 Hotels in Prague
england
“Dissapointed with accomodation”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We had four days in prague, the hotel is ideally situated well within walking distance of everything you want to see. The staff are friendly hotel spotlessly clean what more could you ask well !! a descent room would have been nice we had a twin which was dark needed light on most of time beds were low very narrow felt you might fall out, bathroom spotless sheets towels spotless. No tea or coffee in room and be warned tea and coffee free of charge in foyet is removed at 22.30hrs so the noise of the machine doesnt disturb guests !!!,so unless you fill up your fridge in the room you have nothing to drink until 06.00hrs. Be aware that in the brochure we had and on there own website the room looks nothing like the one we had, we paid £800 for this holiday we feel agreived, However the weather was amazing and we will go back possibly even to the cloister inn but not room 216 and we would be armed with kettle and coffee for room

Room Tip: Dont get room 216
avoda, Owner at Cloister Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Cloister Inn friends, I was somehow sad reading your comment so I decided to respond to it explaining the rooming situation at the Cloisters. You are absolutely right, room No. 216 is not the brightest room in the hotel, on the contrary, it faces one of many backyards of the Cloister´s neighbors as it is here in the Old Town with most of the buildings the rule. But this room has one great advantage and it is the guaranteed tranquility what cannot be said about all other rooms facing the street what are depicted on the web and in brochures. The street is not Piccadilly Circus but can be, as many centres of most cities tend to be, somehow heard of at night with bargoers return home or some late night owls passing by. If I knew about your troubles I would have looked into it to offer you another rooom on spot, but I am happy to hear you found the place clean and convenient to your town explorations. Like nearly all reconstructions of old buildings we didn´t manage to make all rooms equal, squarefootagewise nor layoutwise. This was simply not possible but I think that those rooms looking slightly dark and backwards enjoy one of the most valuable characters I am looking for myself at all my travels and it is the tranquility. Thank you very much again. Jiri Vidim - hotel owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We love this hotel. The location is just fantastic! The rooms are clean and tidy, the food good and the service from all the staff was excellent. We highly recommend this hotel. Can't wait to go again.

A nice touch was a bottle of wine and a slip wishing my wife a Happy Anniversary on her birthday

A problem regarding our bedding on arrival was quiclkly resolved.

Thank you for making our holiday stay so good.

1 Thank shunky
Arvika, Sweden
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Cloister inn. Our room was spacious and very clean, and the staff went out of their way to help us - and always with a smile. The hotel is located very close to all the sights, which made it easy to get around. We could really walk everywhere. As this was our first visit to Czech republic, we also took advantage of the hotel's shuttle service to get to and from the airport. I think the Cloister inn is a great hotel with decent prices, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

5 Thank AmarillaArvika
Guildford
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The Cloister Inn is conveniently placed near to the Vltava river between the Old and Lesser town with the Charles Bridge only 5 minutes walk away. The hotel, while no-frills, is good-value and friendly with helpful staff. A decent buffet breakfast is available but there is no dinner restaurant - unnecessary anyway given trhe closeness of many city restaurants. Coffee and tea are available throughout the day along with internet access via to PCs so no need for a laptop. Please note that this is not one of those over-priced, glossy hotels often favoured by some from across the pond but it does provide an excellent access point to see the best of Prague. All thoroughly recomended - hotel and city.

Istanbul
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I definetly recommend you Cloister Inn Hotel on Konviktska Street. The rooms and bathroom were incredibly clean, the staff were so friendly and helpfull , the breakfast is more than average and the hotel was very tranquil. It's in Stare Mesto and it takes just 10 minutes walking to Charled Bridge. The Hotel was beyond our expectations for a 3 star hotel. I will definetly stay in this hotel again when I visit Prague, and suggest my friends who will visit Prague in future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bangay
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Cloisters Inn is a good 3 star hotel fairly quiet, (well I got to sleep which is a miracle) bit dark inside hotel but we were on ground floor by reception. What a location only a few minutes to walk to the Charles Bridge or the main Walking Street. I think all Prague hotels are pretty basic (nothing wrong in that) which you would expect but breakfast was help yourself and there was lots of it in a large room on the 4th floor. There was a lap top in the lounge which anyone could use free of charge, that was helpful, for people that had to book in online. We wold definitely stay again, the Charles Bridge was amazing the Castle, Astronomical Clock they were definitely a must see, brilliant

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bella187054
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I was here on my honeymoon and this place was cool. I paid $93 pn. The rooms were big. I felt like I was staying in an apartment. Breakfast was good. Room was clean and the staff was really friendly. My next trip back to Prague I will def stay here again.
Its in a really good location. 7-10 to Stare Meastro/astronomical clock, 5 min walk to the Charles bridge. Also 5 min walk to the largest club in central Europe. I forgot the name but its five floors.
Everyone at the inn was great. This is a great place if your on a budget. The price was right the rooms was big and most of all it was quiet!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple