“3rd Corinthia hotel iv stayed at and the worst.”

Corinthia Hotel Prague
Ranked #162 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Glasgow
“3rd Corinthia hotel iv stayed at and the worst.”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Well I will start with the positives about this hotel. - LOOK BELOW FOR THE NEGATIVES .

1 - Its right outside the metro and Vysehrad which is well worth a visit! ( this used to be one of the main attractions of prague and I can see why, with cobbled wide streets, fantastic views and the huge caste is light up at night simply a great walk at night when your with your partner very romantic )

2 - The breakfast was a wide variety and the staff serving the breakfast were very friendly.

3 - The Rickshaw restaurant is fantastic and tasted just as amaizing as the Rickshaw restaurant in Malta.

But this hotel IS NOT a 5 star hotel, the room was very dull, dirty and the bath was discoloured. The house keeping staff did not replace the toilet paper in the room so I had to buy more at the local shop to use and when I confronted the reception or concierge " Martin "- at front desk was down right rude, and the staff in " the grill " restaurant were very unhelpfull and not just to myself and my girlfriend but from what I could see another family were equally unhappy and the manager had to appauligise to a family next to our table

Not ONCE did any staff at the entrance smiled or greeted us as we entered the building and when I was quite happy to carry my own bags when I arrived (because I had money in it) I got a scowl from the front desk ( bag drop )aswell as this, The house cleaning staff woke me up on the morning of my departure at 7.55 am to clean the room.

I booked this hotel from travel republic and it said on the advert that a " pool " and " Spa " would be included in the price, but too my shock it was not .. they EXPECT more money to use a TINY POOL near the roof of the building Which was not heated for the whole length of the stay.
Like I said not a 5 star hotel

This hotel was a total let down compared to the 2 hotels in Malta that I have stayed in.

If you want a more personalised, friendlier and to be honest a more value for money hotel. I would suggest a small boutique hotel.

But prague was amaizing and im not going to let this " Corinthia 5 Star hotel " Spoil a beautiful city
I hope this review is helpful, it takes a lot for me to set a review but I just felt quite strongly about this!

Room Tip: Not this hotel, its a shame because its letting down the flag ship corinthia!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark T
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. The team is concerned that our service did not entirely live up to your expectation.

On behalf of the team I note your positive comments which will be shared with the respective departments. We will also look into your feedback in relation to the team members at the door and housekeeping and will ensure that such shotcomings are addressed. I would then wish to clarify just one point.

We do have several rate plans, some of which include the use of our SPA, situated on the top floor of the building and reviewed by most of our guests as our selling point, being one of the few commanding such spectacular views. We apologize if you were not aware that your reservation exluded the use of this hotel facility.

Finally, I would wish to thank you for your positive comments about our other hotels in Malta. Being a Maltese Citizen myself, this gives me great joy. I would also appreciate if you would be so kind and spare some of your time to contact me directly. My e-mail address is jonathan.pace@corinthia.com. I am really looking forward to be able to talk to you and to ensure we get it right on your next visit to Prague

Jonathan Pace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I decided to book my birthday weekend in the beautiful city Prague. It was my first time there. We decided on The Corinthia as I know the brand from attending an event in the London one.
From the moment I arrived the staff were charming and efficient. They were on hand for anything that was needed.

My room was simply lovely with a view and plenty of space. I would recommend booking in some spa treatments before you arrive as it is very popular! Cakes in the cafe are dangerous as they are so good and the cocktails at the bar should come with the same warning. Also the hotel has a metro station outside. The centre is minutes away!

Best birthday ever!

Room Tip: Higher room to get a good view. I would advise on at least an executive room as it comes with benefi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I will share with the team. We are certainly pleased you have enoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Check our website for some great packages to be posted soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Its a very good Business Hotel, and you can sleep very comfortably....and their breakfast is very well varied.....and food was very tasty. For a 3 day stay, I can safely say I enjoyed it, although was travelling on my own.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time to post the review. The team enjoys great feedback and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to have you back in this beautiful city.

UK
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed here using a half-price offer and were very pleased with what we got. The metro is a stone's throw from the reception and just 2 stops into the centre of Prague. The room was spacious and the service extremely friendly. The only draw back is that they still allow smoking in public places in Prague so the bar was quite smoky but not to a very bad level. Not all the restaurants were open on our first night but we tried one of the others and it was good. I would definitely stay there again - we did not have breakfast as this was on the pricey side and there are plenty of options in town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. The team is really glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currenty evaluating our smoking policy and will have more updates in the months to come.

We are also glad the location of our property worked well for you. We are very lucky to be situated just 50 metres off the metro line, making us one of the most accessible hotels to the centre in town.

I note your comment regarding breakfast price. Please have a look at our website prior to your next visit. We have great packages at good value including the morning meal. If in doubt or if you would require any explanation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com. It will be my pleasure to guide you through your booking.

Keep well and enjoy Spring

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed there only once. Generally it is just ok, there is no ATM in hotel, so if you need to pay cash for taxi, please be warned. Surroundings of hotel not greatest, lobby bar so, so, Staff ok. However from economy perspective really good price for Prague. I would recommend if you are looking just for the place to sleep between business meetings.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our price-value offering.

We have great news relating to one of your comments. Despite the fact that there is an ATM 50 metres away from the hotel (in the metro station), we are now finalising arrangements to have one ATM installed directly in the hotel. This will definately keep on adding more value and comfort to all our guests.

Once again thank you on behalf of the team and we look forward to have you back

Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Comfortable hotel, rich breakfast, new facilities, is not in the city center, but the metro is at the door. Just two stations to a mall, and only one station is in the city center.
More than all the facilities mentioned, it is the perfect service offered from people who work there.
Just checked in the hotel I felt sick and the manager Gilles Grinholz helped me. I had to be answered by a doctor and the other manager Michaela Sitovova also helped me trying to make my trip less painful as possible. I thank the staff, especially the managers cited above. You guys were incredible. Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr Pedras

Thank you for your great feedback, which I will share with the team, particularly Gilles and Michaela. We were sorry you felt sick during the stay and we are really grateful that despite all this, you took your time to write to us.

We do look forward to have you back in this beautiful city and I would be more than happy to do the arrangments personally.

Keep well

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Perfect Hotel location was 5min away from city centre by metro.
Nice view on the city from the room even better from the pool at the 25th.
I highly recommend the hotel.
Only bad point would be the parking cost - about £20/day

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest

Than you for taking the time to write back to us. We all love great feedback and the team is grateful and satisfied you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best regards from the beautiful city of Prague