“The most family unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in...”

Corinthia Hotel Prague
Ranked #153 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Cyprus
“The most family unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in...”
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We have just returned from the Corinthia Tower Hotel in Prague.
A group of 41 people, mostly families with small children. We had in advance requested connecting rooms and rooms next to each other. We even had the fax to show it. Upon check in we found out that nothing was taken considered. Most of the families were split in,,,, different floors. The excuse we got is that sorry we are fully booked. A couple with 3 children ended up having a room on the 20th floor and the other room on the 12th. A few minutes later 4 of us went to check in individually as 2 plain double rooms. We were given rooms next to each other!!! When we realised it, we asked to be changed and give the adjoining rooms to the anxious family awaiting. They refused because they had already make arrangements to send an extra bed to the previous room !!! We all of us, 41 people, had to stay there and argue with the reception staff for more than an hour in order to get the change done. Just to mention that we havent even been in the rooms so the change would have been only in the computers and normaly would have taken seconds to fullfill.

In generally we were all very disappointed by the hotel and the staff. They only people in the hotel who are willing to smile and say goodmorning are the other customers...

Another worth mentioning problem was the lifts, in the mornings between 8.30 -9.00 there was rush hour. You had to wait for 10-15 minutes for one.So most days we walked down 12 floors in order to leave the hotel in time for our excersions.

Definately not a 5 star hotel.

I would only recommend it to business single travelers.

And I would advice families to avoid it.

• Liked — the room view and the location just over the metro station
  • Disliked — the hotel staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 20 June 2008

we have been stay in corinthia towers for a week,during our visit to prague for a romantic week
the hotel building is very modern,including a hight tower providing view to the city from the rooms
next to the hotel is a metro station conecting hotel to city center in 5 minutes.
rooms are very comfortable as a well as the bathroom's
breakfast is typical for a 5 star hotel however is very rich.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank world_treker1
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 26 June 2008
Dear madam/sir, thank you for choosing Corinthia Towers for your stay and we are very pleased we met your expectations. We are thankful you shared your positive experiences not only with us, but also with other travelers.Sincerely, Jana Horackova
UK
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I stayed at the CT Hotel 11-16 June for both business and pleasure and I have mixed feelings about it. I was responsible for selecting hotels for myself and nine colleagues for a conference we were attending at the Prague Congress Centre. I chose Corinthia Towers because it was opposite the PCC. I booked the hotel rooms through the conference agent and paid for the rooms in advance. We all had rooms for single occupancy and I specified that I would be joined by my husband at the weekend and paid a supplement for a double room. However, upon check in I was told they only had single rooms (single beds) left and they would try to move me in time for the weekend. I was not overly concerned about this until I learnt later in the day that at least four of my (male) colleagues who checked in AFTER me were all given double rooms, and on the Executive floor! I was not worried about them being upgraded but I was not happy about being lied to. Out of my party of ten I was the only one allocated a room with single beds and the only one who needed a double. I don't put this down to bad luck because my requirements were specified, I put it down to bad check in management. I did manage to change rooms on the Friday (a hassle I could well have down without during a very busy conference) but there was no hint of an apology and the air conditioning in the new room was inefficient.
On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the concierge is excellent. The pool is very nice and the gym is very well equipped.
The food at the hotel was of good standard but quite expensive. A word of warning regarding the Rickshaw restaurant, this was by far the best oriental meal I have ever tasted BUT, do check your bill. I dined with two other colleagues, two of us drank water (two glasses each) and the other red wine (house red wine), the drinks bill came to 1664CZK! Yes that's £52 or $101! The water was £20 and the red wine was £16 a glass. A blatant rip off if you ask me. The food was roughly 800CZK (£25/$31) per head we had starters, mains and two desserts so not soo bad.
In terms of location the hotel is south of the centre on Metro Vysehrad which is easy to use and quite cheap. I wouldn't book this hotel again for my conference group because of my personal experience at check in, but overall I would say it is a well run medium class hotel, probably more like a four star in the UK.

Stayed June 2008
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 27 June 2008
Dear Madam, thank you for your review of your stay at the Corinthia Towers Hotel. We are deeply sorry to hear about your negative experiences while checking in - I will pass your feedback to our Front office Manager to make sure this does not reoccur to other guests in the near future. Thank you once again for submitting your review. Sincerely, Jana Horackova
london, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I booked a fantastic deal for this hotel (inc flights) through Travelzoo for my partner's birthday. After several problems including the 'no show' of our airport transfer, a twin room instead of a double and an air-con that didn't work, finally got upgraded to an Executive Suite. WOW! How the other half live!
Superior quality pillows and duvet, super kingsize bed, two bathrooms with softer loo paper and better quality toiletries, not to mention two plasma screen TV's, fully equipped kitchenette and free internet. We were also given free use of the pool facilities, which surprisingly you are charged for even if you are a resident.
I have to say the only downside of the Corinthia Towers is that you have to get the metro backwards and forwards into Prague's historic centre. Not that this is a real issue, as the metro is literally 30 seconds walk away and travel is dirt cheap. If there were a few restaurants/bars in the vicinity this wouldn't even be a problem, but the hotel is bang in the middle of nowhere.
However the hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff extremely helpful and the breakfast has to be one of the best I've ever had! As with any buffet style restaurant the earlier you rise the better chance you have of getting the pick of the fresh fruit and really hot cooked breakfast, but it was all replenished quickly. The only negative is that the staff were fairly slow in resetting tables, almost to the point of you knicking what bits are missing from the table next to you!
In a nutshell - good points are everything, bad point is being a bit out the way but with a metro next door!!

• Liked — choice at breakfast - especially the flavoured syrups to go in your coffee
  • Disliked — initial problems with things organised via email direct with hotel not showing up or being delivered
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snogaroonies
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 11 June 2008
Dear Madam / Sir, thank you for choosing Corinthia Towers Hotel for the special occasion. We are sorry to hear about problems you had at the beginning of your stay and we are pleased at the same time that you enjoyed your stay at the Executive Suite. Both positive and negative comments are very important for us, only through them we can improve our services. We are looking forward to welcome you back, kind regards, Jana Horackova
Camberley
Reviewed 5 April 2008

The hotel is way out from the main tourist sites but the metro is literally outside of the door - tickets can be bought from the extremely helpful concierge staff (~£3 for a 24hr hop on /off ticket for the metro & trams).
The rooms are nothing special but housekeeping is excellent. Our first room, with the best view of the city, was too warm and since they could not improve the air conditioning they immediately offered us a choice of alternative rooms which were cooler.
Prices in the hotel are extortionate (~£9 for a bottle of Evian in the room) but since we only paid ~£70 per night for the 2 of us B&B, and we could eat out this was no major problem. Breakfast had an extensive choice including an array of Bio options.
Like others we were disappointed to find that we had to pay for the leisure facilities.
Prior to travelling I had contacted the hotel for details on transfer cars and also details of shops which we wanted to track down. The customer relations staff replied with all the details we required and were most helpful.
We found that the foyer had a distinct smell of cigarrette smoke about it and occasionally in our room we would get a whiff of it - I guess that in the UK we are becoming so used to hotels and restaurants being 'Smoke-free' that it is even more obvious when we travel to countries without the same laws.
A great plus was a 12 noon check-out - and when I asked for an extra hour this was ok (they were not too busy that day).

All in all this hotel gave us a good base, comfortable & clean room, excellent breakfast to start the day and extremely helpful staff.

• Liked — Clean & comfortable room with excellent breakfast
  • Disliked — The air condiitoning was very ineffective and the price of a bottle of evian
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 8 April 2008
Dear Madam / Sir, Thank you for spending your time and sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and only through them we can continuously seek for ways how to improve. Kind regards, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager
Tampa
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Me and my husband just came from Prague. We stayed for 2 nights in the Corinthia Towers Hotel and we were impressed especially by the wonderful view. Its a tall building only a few minutes from city center with friendly employees and great selection of restaurants (we tried Rickshaw and Toscana). Evening visit of swimming pool on 26th floor was fantastic!We look forward to return.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 8 April 2008
Dear Madam / Sir, Thank you for your kind words concerning our restaurants and staff. We are pleased we met your expectations and hope to welcome you in the Corinthia Towers Hotel in a near future. Sincerely, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager
ireland
Reviewed 2 April 2008

we booked a superior double room and i was very dissapointed with the standard of facilities,it seemed that this superior room is their "standard" room.there wasn't an iron in the room! room was average compareable to a 3star standard. there was maintainence work be carried out in rooms and we were not informed of same. after saving up for a break in prague what we experienced in this hotel would cause us to return.

• Liked — adjacent to subway
  • Disliked — facilities
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 7 April 2008
Dear Madam / Sir, Thanks you for submitting your comment. We are deeply sorry to hear about negative experiences during your stay caused by maintenance work. We apologize for any uncomfortable situation, but it should also be known that we are extensively working on upgrade of our services and hope to welcome you back. Sincerely, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager