“Highly recommended”

Ranked #153 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Chester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here as a base for visiting the Christmas markets and celebrating our anniversary. The first plus point was being elevated to an executive room "as there are no other rooms with a king size bed available"!!
We were on the 21st floor which was fine. The room was extremely comfortable and clean and nicely furnished. My wife was very pleased with the range of lotions and potions in the bathroom which were replaced each day. When I had a problem with being unable to switch the TV on I contacted Housekeeping and a porter was there within 5 minutes and he sorted it out. I raised a minor issue in our bathroom with him, and a housekeeper came within another 5 minutes to resolve that. I was very impressed.
Our only issue with our room was the heat - as has been raised previously. Whilst it was very cold outside it was almost as though the hotel was over compensating with the central heating. However in fairness it seemed much the same in other shops and restaurants we went in.
I was very disappointed by the breakfast. Not by the range of available products, but more by the way they were cooked and presented. I have seldom seen less appetising fried eggs or bacon or scrambled eggs.
The staff were most obliging in each and every department and could not be faulted. On our first night we had a meal in 'The Grill' restaurant which was of a super standard; the only downside of it was the cost of a bottle of wine.
All in all we had a very memorable 4 night stay in Prague which was complemented by the service and comfort we experienced in the Corinthia, and we would not hesitate to stay there again for a future visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Steve

Good afternoon and apologies for my late reply. Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy you enjoyed our executive services.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the quality of cooking at breakfast which I will share with Richard, our Execuitve Chef. I would also appreciate if you could contact me directly on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com before your next visit in Prague. It would be my pleasure to meet you in person

May i also take the opportunity to wish you and your wife a 2014 full of health and happiness from all of us at the Corinthia Hotel Prague.

Best wishes and thank you again

Jonathan Pace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge
Reviewed 2 December 2013

we booked into a twin room to enjoy the easy 2 stop metro ride into the old town of prague. the hotel is a typical high quality business and spa style hotel. the problem for us was that the room was far too warm and even with the window open we could not cool the room down. we assumed it was t keep everyone warm against the freeszing temperatures. when we eventually decided to ask for some help to reduce the room temperature it was agreed that the room control was faulty. But to save us the hassle of packing up all our luggage and shopping the management kindly allowed us to sleep in a different bedroom for the night - it was bliss! i cant recommend the level of service we received, from recepetion, to the cafe, the bar an the rooms because it was made so clear that the team will do all in their power to make yor stay thoroughly comfortable. also - take their car service back to the airport - its cheaper than an authorised taxi!

Room Tip: the rooms on the business floor are superb!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've stayed at the Corinthia 3 times in 2 months. The friendliness of staff and consistency of high level of service is commendable. Although the central heating wasn't working, the staff moved me very seamlessly to another more comfortable room. The assortment of food at the breakfast buffet was great and he rooms are superbly well kept. As far as value for money, you can't go wrong at the Corinthia.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I dont know where can you get an excellent hotel as that in that price . if at all . spa , service , restaurants - where all top . staff was helpful . go to the eastern restaurant , its good .sure be back with my family .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Guy E
Crawley, West Sussex
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel in early November 2013 and had a single room for 2 nights. The place is spotlessly clean and efficiently run. My only criticism of the room is that it didn't seem to be double-glazed and traffic noise was always audible (even on the 14th floor). Breakfast was good, but it was hard to get a cup of tea. Coffee seemed to be in abundant supply, but I had to ask twice for tea and didn't get it until after I'd finished eating (approx 30 minutes!).
It's an OK hotel for business travellers, but I wouldn't think it's very suitable for a 'romantic' weekend. I've marked the service down because of the tea difficulty, but otherwise it was good.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We would like to express our maximum satisfy and enjoy from this hotel. As the hotel is on very good acces to the center - we really apprechiate kindness and willing of every body from the staff and from management - it was really impressible for us. Each member of personal or management was maximally willing to help with anything. Also whole servises, meal and comfort was on the highest level. We really had felt very good and we would recommended it to everybody. As for us as we come to Prague we will stay in this hotel for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a well appointed and comfortable hotel. It offers great views of the city, and is next to the underground this allows easy access to the old town and historic sites.

The Hotel has two restaurants, offering a range of cuisine. I found the food adequate, and comparatively expensive compared to local restaurants. That said the service was excellent.

Overall I would use this hotel again, my only complaint is the amount of time it takes to check out. At the time I stayed there was a conference, this resulted in a wait for a lift and to check out.