“Nice view, ok rooms, not so good food”

Corinthia Hotel Prague
Ranked #160 of 647 Hotels in Prague

Overview:
Good location and view, rooms were clean but could be better arranged, breakfast was too germanized / anglo-saxonized, staff could be a bit more pleasant, check-in was a mess, nothing to do in the hotel.
If I ever come back to Prague I could choose this hotel if my main criteria were the location, because the rest of the features would make me want to choose another one.

Summarized grades:
Location - 5 stars
Staff - 2 stars
F&B - 3 stars
Animation - 0 stars
Rooms - 3 stars
Price/quality ratio - N/A

Detailed opinion based on personal experience:
Location - Just next to a subway station, 3 stops away from the historical centre. That's the best feature of it, in my opinion!

F&B: Food was not so great at breakfast (focused too much on germanic and anglo-saxonic diet). No yogurts, no chocolate, unpeeled fruit in the fruit salad, but lots of eggs, sausages, beans and other heavyweights.

Rooms: OK (although I've stayed in better 4 star hotels in Eastern Europe), although the bed linen was always "peculiarly" arranjed as if by 10 year olds (sheet and cover folded almost at the mid of the bed, sometimes not aligned).

Staff: Check-in staff a bit slow and very focused on "the book" instead of client-focused. My group arrived and some names (namely ours and the ones of another couple - total of 4 names) on our guide's list did not correspond to the list in the reception. The number of rooms was ok, so it was only a matter of allocating the rooms to the new list. But that seemed a bit too confusing to the ladies and we took a good half an hour to get registered.
Some restaurant staff also had a relatively particular behaviour: A colleague of ours got her plate took away even before she finished; When I called upon the attention that there were no glasses to pour water into, the first waiter greeted me with something in Czech with a not very pleasant expression and kept on his way. It was a colleague of him that overheard my request and promptly took a tray with glasses to replace the empty one.
The buffet area during Breakfast also had a "non-access" area, I've never seen this before during breakfast in a five-star: Some parts of the buffet were not accessible to all the costumers and there was a waitress promptly warning that "you should keep to that side"... I didn't know there were five-star plus and five-star minus costumers...
Curiosly, on the last day everyone (or almost, there were some irreductibles) had a smile on there faces. Coincidence or not, that was the morning where the satisfaction forms were provided to us to evaluate the restaurant and the service...

Animation: A complete nulity! There was a Casino inside the hotel, but alas... During July and August it is closed! Forget about "High Season / Low Season" reasoning. There was also a bowling restaurant in the basement: closed. Only opened to groups of 20, with previous reservation.

Price/quality ratio: N/A because it was included in package, so I can not account for the isolated price.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2008

I stayed at Corinthia towers for 2 nights and hadn't looked much into it. I read a few reviews and by looking at them I thought I was staying at a ghetto, lower class dirty hotel. Boy was I wrong!! These bad reviews don't give this hotel justice. As soon as you walk in the atomosphere of the place is stunning. I arrived at aboutt midnight and was checked in very fast, and upto my room on the 20th floor in no time! The view was amazing!!
I booked a single room and the room was clean spacious and comfortable. The bed was actually very comfy as well!
Location, location, location!! Perfect, right by the metro. What more could you ask for ?! You can get tickets for the metro at the concierge which is nice because then you can just grab them before you go out.
I was very impressed with the breakfast. A lot to choose from. Boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, cold meats, cheese, pancakes, breads/rolls, croissants, fruit, cakes, toast, coffee, tea, juices. No problem finding a good breakfast here! I didn't however go to the other restaurants in the hotel. I was far to busy for that. So i can't comment on those. But i'm sure they were great judging on the breakfast.
Other than that I didn't use many of the hotels ammenities because I wasn't there to stay in the hotel !!
All in all, this hotel is marvelous I don't see why anyone would have any negative comments. I will stay again, and I will bring my family. Thanks Corinthia Towers for a great time !!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank smilebehappy
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2008

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time and for submitting such a positive comment towards our services. We are happy to hear that we have fulfilled your expectations and wishes. We hope that there will be another opportunity to welcome you back in Corinthia Hotel. Best regards, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 14 August 2008

I booked my hotel through 1800 hotels.com. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that my room was not available due to a leak in the swimming pool and would be transferred to their sister hotel, The Holiday Inn. I was very disappointed because I did reviews on the Corinthia and was looking forward to staying there.

When we arose next day, right beside our hotel was the Corinthia Panorama which I would have thought was the sister hotel, as far as I am concerned they pulled a fast one and I was dumped in the Holiday Inn. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank kerrywoman1
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We have just returned from the Corinthia Tower Hotel in Prague.
A group of 41 people, mostly families with small children. We had in advance requested connecting rooms and rooms next to each other. We even had the fax to show it. Upon check in we found out that nothing was taken considered. Most of the families were split in,,,, different floors. The excuse we got is that sorry we are fully booked. A couple with 3 children ended up having a room on the 20th floor and the other room on the 12th. A few minutes later 4 of us went to check in individually as 2 plain double rooms. We were given rooms next to each other!!! When we realised it, we asked to be changed and give the adjoining rooms to the anxious family awaiting. They refused because they had already make arrangements to send an extra bed to the previous room !!! We all of us, 41 people, had to stay there and argue with the reception staff for more than an hour in order to get the change done. Just to mention that we havent even been in the rooms so the change would have been only in the computers and normaly would have taken seconds to fullfill.

In generally we were all very disappointed by the hotel and the staff. They only people in the hotel who are willing to smile and say goodmorning are the other customers...

Another worth mentioning problem was the lifts, in the mornings between 8.30 -9.00 there was rush hour. You had to wait for 10-15 minutes for one.So most days we walked down 12 floors in order to leave the hotel in time for our excersions.

Definately not a 5 star hotel.

I would only recommend it to business single travelers.

And I would advice families to avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2008

we have been stay in corinthia towers for a week,during our visit to prague for a romantic week
the hotel building is very modern,including a hight tower providing view to the city from the rooms
next to the hotel is a metro station conecting hotel to city center in 5 minutes.
rooms are very comfortable as a well as the bathroom's
breakfast is typical for a 5 star hotel however is very rich.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank world_treker1
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2008

Dear madam/sir, thank you for choosing Corinthia Towers for your stay and we are very pleased we met your expectations. We are thankful you shared your positive experiences not only with us, but also with other travelers.Sincerely, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 18 June 2008

I stayed at the CT Hotel 11-16 June for both business and pleasure and I have mixed feelings about it. I was responsible for selecting hotels for myself and nine colleagues for a conference we were attending at the Prague Congress Centre. I chose Corinthia Towers because it was opposite the PCC. I booked the hotel rooms through the conference agent and paid for the rooms in advance. We all had rooms for single occupancy and I specified that I would be joined by my husband at the weekend and paid a supplement for a double room. However, upon check in I was told they only had single rooms (single beds) left and they would try to move me in time for the weekend. I was not overly concerned about this until I learnt later in the day that at least four of my (male) colleagues who checked in AFTER me were all given double rooms, and on the Executive floor! I was not worried about them being upgraded but I was not happy about being lied to. Out of my party of ten I was the only one allocated a room with single beds and the only one who needed a double. I don't put this down to bad luck because my requirements were specified, I put it down to bad check in management. I did manage to change rooms on the Friday (a hassle I could well have down without during a very busy conference) but there was no hint of an apology and the air conditioning in the new room was inefficient.
On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the concierge is excellent. The pool is very nice and the gym is very well equipped.
The food at the hotel was of good standard but quite expensive. A word of warning regarding the Rickshaw restaurant, this was by far the best oriental meal I have ever tasted BUT, do check your bill. I dined with two other colleagues, two of us drank water (two glasses each) and the other red wine (house red wine), the drinks bill came to 1664CZK! Yes that's £52 or $101! The water was £20 and the red wine was £16 a glass. A blatant rip off if you ask me. The food was roughly 800CZK (£25/$31) per head we had starters, mains and two desserts so not soo bad.
In terms of location the hotel is south of the centre on Metro Vysehrad which is easy to use and quite cheap. I wouldn't book this hotel again for my conference group because of my personal experience at check in, but overall I would say it is a well run medium class hotel, probably more like a four star in the UK.

Stayed: June 2008
Mnagement_response, Jana Horackova, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2008

Dear Madam, thank you for your review of your stay at the Corinthia Towers Hotel. We are deeply sorry to hear about your negative experiences while checking in - I will pass your feedback to our Front office Manager to make sure this does not reoccur to other guests in the near future. Thank you once again for submitting your review. Sincerely, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 6 June 2008

I booked a fantastic deal for this hotel (inc flights) through Travelzoo for my partner's birthday. After several problems including the 'no show' of our airport transfer, a twin room instead of a double and an air-con that didn't work, finally got upgraded to an Executive Suite. WOW! How the other half live!
Superior quality pillows and duvet, super kingsize bed, two bathrooms with softer loo paper and better quality toiletries, not to mention two plasma screen TV's, fully equipped kitchenette and free internet. We were also given free use of the pool facilities, which surprisingly you are charged for even if you are a resident.
I have to say the only downside of the Corinthia Towers is that you have to get the metro backwards and forwards into Prague's historic centre. Not that this is a real issue, as the metro is literally 30 seconds walk away and travel is dirt cheap. If there were a few restaurants/bars in the vicinity this wouldn't even be a problem, but the hotel is bang in the middle of nowhere.
However the hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff extremely helpful and the breakfast has to be one of the best I've ever had! As with any buffet style restaurant the earlier you rise the better chance you have of getting the pick of the fresh fruit and really hot cooked breakfast, but it was all replenished quickly. The only negative is that the staff were fairly slow in resetting tables, almost to the point of you knicking what bits are missing from the table next to you!
In a nutshell - good points are everything, bad point is being a bit out the way but with a metro next door!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snogaroonies
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2008

Dear Madam / Sir, thank you for choosing Corinthia Towers Hotel for the special occasion. We are sorry to hear about problems you had at the beginning of your stay and we are pleased at the same time that you enjoyed your stay at the Executive Suite. Both positive and negative comments are very important for us, only through them we can improve our services. We are looking forward to welcome you back, kind regards, Jana Horackova