“Great Experience”

Corinthia Hotel Prague
Ranked #160 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Just got back after two great days in Prague. The hotel location was good just two stops and five minutes out of the main centre.
Getting to the hotel by public transport from the airport is easy for the weekend traveller assisted by the great one day travel pass at 100 Crowns (£3.30).

Check in at the hotel was very efficent and courteous and we were able to enjoy the significant benefits of the executive floor where we enjoyed a superb breakfast and evening drinks and snacks with impeccable service from the courteous and efficient staff.

The health club was included with the package and was very well equipped with great views over the city from the pool on the 26th floor.

We will certainly return to this hotel which predominantly caters for the conference vistor to prague but still treats people as individuals.

M&S

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2008

Dear Madam/Sir its always pleasant to read comments from satisfied guest. Let me thank you for submitting your warm comment and I truly hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back in Corinthia Hotel.Sincerely, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is a great hotel, next to the metro station and only 2 stops from the historic center.
The room was large, clean and well decorated. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was nice with a good shower.
Breakfast was very nice, with alot to choose from.

However, a couple of things got me very disapointed.
1. There is no wireless internet in the rooms, only in the lobby. And it is very expensive to use, about $20 for a 8hrs pass. You can use internet in the room with a wired connection which was about $28/day.
2.There is a very nice rooftop swimming pool. I was excited to go for a swim after a hot day in the city. But when I got there I learned that they charge about $20 to use the pool!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mnagement_response, Public Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2008

Dear Madam, Sir, let me thank you for your review of the Corinthia Towers Hotel. We are pleased you were satisfied with the accommodation as well as with the selection of the breakfast buffet. We are aware of the fact that the WIFI internet is very important for our guests, that´s why I am more than pleased to inform you that we are already working on installation of it own wireless Internet network in guest rooms, function rooms and public areas. This project will be completed in October 2008. Our hotel will be able to offer competitive prices after this installation. We have also adjusted the prices for the swimming pool entrance to make sure that our guest feel 100% satisfied with all our services. Yours truly, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 18 August 2008

we've booked this hotel through travel agency. i've checked almost every hotel in prague for a half year before i've booked this one. the reason for that was all of these awful reviews from other people.the staff was smilimg and hellpfull all the time! rooms are spotless and the cleaned them everyday. for any problem we had there were always someone to help us with a smile. the breakfast wow!!! what a breakfast!!! they had everything foe each taste.

so the next time that we are in prague we will book this hotel for sure!

• Check-in / front desk

Dear Madam, Sir, what a nice and warm comment! Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us. We will be more than happy to welcome you back in our hotel in close future. Warm regards, Jana Horackova

Overview:
Good location and view, rooms were clean but could be better arranged, breakfast was too germanized / anglo-saxonized, staff could be a bit more pleasant, check-in was a mess, nothing to do in the hotel.
If I ever come back to Prague I could choose this hotel if my main criteria were the location, because the rest of the features would make me want to choose another one.

Summarized grades:
Location - 5 stars
Staff - 2 stars
F&B - 3 stars
Animation - 0 stars
Rooms - 3 stars
Price/quality ratio - N/A

Detailed opinion based on personal experience:
Location - Just next to a subway station, 3 stops away from the historical centre. That's the best feature of it, in my opinion!

F&B: Food was not so great at breakfast (focused too much on germanic and anglo-saxonic diet). No yogurts, no chocolate, unpeeled fruit in the fruit salad, but lots of eggs, sausages, beans and other heavyweights.

Rooms: OK (although I've stayed in better 4 star hotels in Eastern Europe), although the bed linen was always "peculiarly" arranjed as if by 10 year olds (sheet and cover folded almost at the mid of the bed, sometimes not aligned).

Staff: Check-in staff a bit slow and very focused on "the book" instead of client-focused. My group arrived and some names (namely ours and the ones of another couple - total of 4 names) on our guide's list did not correspond to the list in the reception. The number of rooms was ok, so it was only a matter of allocating the rooms to the new list. But that seemed a bit too confusing to the ladies and we took a good half an hour to get registered.
Some restaurant staff also had a relatively particular behaviour: A colleague of ours got her plate took away even before she finished; When I called upon the attention that there were no glasses to pour water into, the first waiter greeted me with something in Czech with a not very pleasant expression and kept on his way. It was a colleague of him that overheard my request and promptly took a tray with glasses to replace the empty one.
The buffet area during Breakfast also had a "non-access" area, I've never seen this before during breakfast in a five-star: Some parts of the buffet were not accessible to all the costumers and there was a waitress promptly warning that "you should keep to that side"... I didn't know there were five-star plus and five-star minus costumers...
Curiosly, on the last day everyone (or almost, there were some irreductibles) had a smile on there faces. Coincidence or not, that was the morning where the satisfaction forms were provided to us to evaluate the restaurant and the service...

Animation: A complete nulity! There was a Casino inside the hotel, but alas... During July and August it is closed! Forget about "High Season / Low Season" reasoning. There was also a bowling restaurant in the basement: closed. Only opened to groups of 20, with previous reservation.

Price/quality ratio: N/A because it was included in package, so I can not account for the isolated price.

Reviewed 14 August 2008

I stayed at Corinthia towers for 2 nights and hadn't looked much into it. I read a few reviews and by looking at them I thought I was staying at a ghetto, lower class dirty hotel. Boy was I wrong!! These bad reviews don't give this hotel justice. As soon as you walk in the atomosphere of the place is stunning. I arrived at aboutt midnight and was checked in very fast, and upto my room on the 20th floor in no time! The view was amazing!!
I booked a single room and the room was clean spacious and comfortable. The bed was actually very comfy as well!
Location, location, location!! Perfect, right by the metro. What more could you ask for ?! You can get tickets for the metro at the concierge which is nice because then you can just grab them before you go out.
I was very impressed with the breakfast. A lot to choose from. Boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, cold meats, cheese, pancakes, breads/rolls, croissants, fruit, cakes, toast, coffee, tea, juices. No problem finding a good breakfast here! I didn't however go to the other restaurants in the hotel. I was far to busy for that. So i can't comment on those. But i'm sure they were great judging on the breakfast.
Other than that I didn't use many of the hotels ammenities because I wasn't there to stay in the hotel !!
All in all, this hotel is marvelous I don't see why anyone would have any negative comments. I will stay again, and I will bring my family. Thanks Corinthia Towers for a great time !!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank smilebehappy

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time and for submitting such a positive comment towards our services. We are happy to hear that we have fulfilled your expectations and wishes. We hope that there will be another opportunity to welcome you back in Corinthia Hotel. Best regards, Jana Horackova

Reviewed 14 August 2008

I booked my hotel through 1800 hotels.com. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that my room was not available due to a leak in the swimming pool and would be transferred to their sister hotel, The Holiday Inn. I was very disappointed because I did reviews on the Corinthia and was looking forward to staying there.

When we arose next day, right beside our hotel was the Corinthia Panorama which I would have thought was the sister hotel, as far as I am concerned they pulled a fast one and I was dumped in the Holiday Inn. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank kerrywoman1
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We have just returned from the Corinthia Tower Hotel in Prague.
A group of 41 people, mostly families with small children. We had in advance requested connecting rooms and rooms next to each other. We even had the fax to show it. Upon check in we found out that nothing was taken considered. Most of the families were split in,,,, different floors. The excuse we got is that sorry we are fully booked. A couple with 3 children ended up having a room on the 20th floor and the other room on the 12th. A few minutes later 4 of us went to check in individually as 2 plain double rooms. We were given rooms next to each other!!! When we realised it, we asked to be changed and give the adjoining rooms to the anxious family awaiting. They refused because they had already make arrangements to send an extra bed to the previous room !!! We all of us, 41 people, had to stay there and argue with the reception staff for more than an hour in order to get the change done. Just to mention that we havent even been in the rooms so the change would have been only in the computers and normaly would have taken seconds to fullfill.

In generally we were all very disappointed by the hotel and the staff. They only people in the hotel who are willing to smile and say goodmorning are the other customers...

Another worth mentioning problem was the lifts, in the mornings between 8.30 -9.00 there was rush hour. You had to wait for 10-15 minutes for one.So most days we walked down 12 floors in order to leave the hotel in time for our excersions.

Definately not a 5 star hotel.

I would only recommend it to business single travelers.

And I would advice families to avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends