“Spacious room and good location .”

Vienna House Diplomat Prague
Ranked #202 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Spacious room and good location .”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival the reception desk was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and spacious. The variety for breakfast was large and the breakfast room was clean. The hotel is in a good location, but knowing which trams to use and where they go would be helpful.
My partner and i stayed here for 3 nights and on our 1st evening we had a buffet dinner, the food wasnt amazing and there was no indication as to what it was that you were eating!
Was also disappointed at the fact they have no pool but do offer spa and fitness facilities, at an extra cost.
We would stay in this hotel again but only due to the room and location.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ljwmak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I visited Prague in June as part of a large chorus from Glasgow taking part in music festivals. I stayed in Room 550 which is at the end of a corridor and, although faces the main road, was well away from the building works taking place next to the hotel towards the underground station.

On that occasion the hotel was very busy with three large touring groups so breakfasts were hectic. The staff were excellent and very attentive. They cleared tables and replenished the lovely self service buffet as quickly as they could. There was plenty of choice to cater for all tastes. I also had the hot chocolate from the bar one night, it was the best ever.

I enjoyed my litle taster visit to Prague so much that my hubby booked us back in for a 4 day stay in August. The lovely clerk at the desk remembered our group from earlier and allocated room 659 at the rear of the building. This room was also lovely and quiet.

The hotel is looking a bit tired around the edges and a few areas need addressing as is the way of busy hotels. For example, an armchair needs reupholstering and one of the windows didn't open properly so the room became quite hot even with the air conditioning on during the night.

The hotel is in an excellent location for anyone touring Prague for the first time and may be nervous about the language. English is spoken by most of the main staff. There is a direct bus #119 from the Airport that stops across from the hotel. The undeground station is a short walk away and and you can be in the centre of Prague within 3 stops. Across the road is the tram stop. The #20 will get you into the Castle area or near Charles Bridge or to connect with #22 taking you across the river to the old town.

Room Tip: Choose a room above level 3 and away from the building work of the new hotel next door. Ask when lar...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eveteach
Reviewed 5 August 2014

At first some good points:
- good location for those who prefer to have a quick link to the airport and the city as well;
- excellent free WiFi service in whole hotel;
- good breakfast (but not excellent).

The rest is a quite big shame for the owners.

Lobby have old and shabby furniture (see pictures).
Standard rooms are old, shabby and totally worned-out: old furniture, stain on the wall, curtains with at least 20 holes, bed is old-fashioned with some kind of springs and not very comfortable. I believe Superior rooms are better, but the Standard rooms are basic 3* only.
But the worst part is:
- total arrogance of the staff (and company's policy as well): after 20 hours night trip by bus they dare to offer for early check-in like: yes we have ready rooms, but if you want it, you should pay extra 20 Euros! It is for 2-3 hours earlier than normal check-in time. Besides that they do not talk with anybody regarding check-in before 14:00. Despite the fact hotel is very big and they have a lot of different rooms. Shame on you! You do not know what the HOSPITALITY IS!
- to rip off all the money you have - this is the main task for all staff. Want earlier check-in - pay for it; want parking - pay for it; want sauna - pay for it. The same policy with huge overpriced service like Car/Taxi - 550 Czech krons to the airport while you can get bus ride for 24-40 krons. Also the have special currency exchange rate like 24 krons for 1 Euro when you can get 27-28 krons in the regular exchange point, so their commision is about 15-20 percent - be aware!

You know guys, when you buy ticket for FR flight you expect for low cost quality, but when you buy LH ticket, you expect for a better service. In this case you pay LH price for the FR product. Is it very strange for me, they didin't ask to pay extra for luggage in my room - how is that?!

Oh yes - they also asked credit card for deposite 1000 CZK - for what? For old and empty mini bar in my room? Ridiculous.

My travel tip - if you can, avoid this place.

Stay from 02/08/2014, room 457.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Diplomat011, Generální ředitel at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mr. Rokas787,

I was most concerned to read your comments about stay in Diplomat Hotel. I am very sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations in regards of accommodation standards and service quality. I would like to point out several facts:

It is a common practice to charge a fee for early check in especiallly during the high season when hotel is fully booked on most of days. I am very sorry you had long bus ride to Czech republic, we could have prepared a room for you if you would inform us in advance.

I do understand your disapointment with additional charges however they are clearly stated on our website and from my point of view reasonable. We do provide free entrance to the fitness center to all guests, however may you want to use the wellness area there is a fee of 300 CZK that allows you to use all facilities as long as you need. We do have a parking facilities, undeground garage or outside parking for very reasonable rate of 200 CZK per day.

In regards of our transportation services, I am very sorry but I cannot follow your comment as it is not possible to compare taxi transfer fee with public bus fee for the airport. We do offer transporation to the airport for a fixed rate of 550 CZK that is very much on the level of other taxi companies. May you wish to save money and use public transportation with a basic fare of 24 CZK.

I would like to also point out that we do use exchange rate of Czech National Bank in our exchange office with commission of 10%. All rates are clearly stated on the information board at the reception as well as on the receipt.

Last I would like to mention that we do ask for guarantee in form of credit card or cash deposit for possible incidentals that you might have during your stay such as restaurant charges, wellness charges or other hotel services. Guarantee is canceled or returned at the end of the stay.

I am again very sorry that we did not provide level of services expected. I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in our hotel again in future.

Thank you.

Leipzig, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel located back of the Praha castle. In order to get to the city center, you have to take a taxi or . The location is not good.
But the buffe in the morning is very good.
Wifi wonderful. And room cleaness is good.
Concludingly, in proportion in the fare, most of the facilities of the hotel is good.
But only the location, I do not recommend this hotel positively...

Room Tip: Wifi good. Buffe good. Citiy center is a little bit far.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 서균 김
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing feedback about your stay in Diplomat Hotel Prague. I was delighted to learn that you found our buffet breakfast wery good as well as the cleanliness of the room.
I would like to point out that Diplomat hotel is ideally located, only 15 minutes drive from the airport while 2 stops of the underground from Prague Castle. We are proud to be located in the diplomatic and residential district.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague, I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in our hotel again.

Surrey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for three nights as part of an escorted tour. The room was good - a twin rather than a double and with a bath rather than a shower (which I like). The reception area and bar on the ground floor were very good and the restaurant was excellent in terms of choice and quality. The hotel was about 100 yards from the metro terminus and only three stops from the old town centre. Being a little out of the centre it did not suffer from the crowds we experienced in the town centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Waltonian,

I was very pleased to read your comments about stay in Diplomat Hotel Prague. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location as well as level of our services of high quality. I will be more than happy to share your feedback with the entire team of Diplomat hotel. It is reviews like yours that motivate us to continue in providing great services to the great customers.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again in future.

Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The lobby was large and check in was a breeze. The room was spacious and very clean. A bit of a concern was the air conditioning which wasn't good at all. Breakfast had a great variety. Location was the best thing about the hotel, it was adjacent to underground and surface transport. You can also walk to the city-center and sightsee along the way.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stamford, Lincs
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here before a flight from Prague airport. Nice hotel, clean room but could use some redecoration. The main restaurant was closed on my visit so ate at the Japanese restaurant in the cellar, which was fantastic. Good location to the quarter or Prague and within walking distance to pubs, restaurants and the Castle. Breakfast was brilliant. The selection of food was out of this world. I opted for a hot breakfast of sausages and eggs. I can be quite fussy when it comes to eggs and the scrambled eggs were even better than what I could make... The bar on the evening had a good atmosphere although the prices were slightly higher than I'd pay in similar capital hotels.
If I was ever in Prague and needed to catch a flight again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business