“Xmas at the Esplanade”

Ranked #238 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Xmas at the Esplanade”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Wonderful Hotel. We stayed here for 6 days over xmas and it was fabulous. The restaurant food was beautiful, the staff were lovely, bar area was great. I had thoroughly researched somewhere special for us while visiting Prague at xmas. I chose the Esplanade as it provided spacious accomodation for our family of four and looked like it had some old world charm about it. We were not disappointed. The building had history! Previous reviews talked about it not being of 5 star quality and some aspects could be better. But when compared price wise to other 5 stars in Prague it was great value. The only thing we did miss was tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the kids would have liked some English speaking channels other than the news ones. But we were not in Prague to watch TV so this did not bother me! The location was great although towards the end of the 6 days my 8 year old was getting a little tired of the walk back from the Old Town Square at night - but do not let this deter you - after eating at the fabulous restaurants in Prague, we needed the 10 minute walk back!! Just 2 mins to Wenceslas Square for shopping. Truely fantastic stay, thankyou!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite as there was four of us. Perfect!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family Christmas celebration and sharing your very nice feedback with fellow travelers.

It was a pleasure to read that you liked, the comfort of our hotel rooms, food and beverages offer, our central location,but especially the helpfulness and kindness of our team across the hotel. Words such as yours are great motivator for all of us and I will proudly share your review with the rest of the team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, ensuring you spend yet another fully enjoyable time.

Miroslava Kovacikova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
North Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed in the hotel in December 2013 to visit the Christmas market. Staff was great, even shared Christmas pudding with them. Room 101 was very large with a bedroom area and a sitting room. Bathroom was marble with heated floor and nice toiletries. Be prepared for this room to be busy, but is very fun. Room 105 accommodated three guests comfortably and was decorated in a more simple fashion. Nice breakfast in the dining room downstairs. Staff was very helpful even on a holiday. Would stay here again due to great staff and convenient location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Let me thank you for staying at Hotel Esplanade Prague and sharing your valuable comments.

I gladly read your review and was pleased to learn that you like service off our Team members and comfort of rooms specially your impression of our Historical gold apartment furnish by original equipment from 1927. We very appreciate that the breakfast selection exceed your expection.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and I would like to wish you and your family a great 2014.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel is well positioned just off of Wenceslas Square so easy access to all the attractions in the Old Town. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful, even helping to print off lost boarding passes !! The room we had was well appointed albeit a little hot. The only minor complaint we had was that the wifi did not work in our room so we had to sit out on the landing !! Like other comments, the breakfasts were fresh and ample with the option of continental and cooked - a great start to the day. All in all a great hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Esplanade Prague and sharing your nice comments with us.

We understand how important is good service and quality to our guest therefore I gladly read, that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of breakfast offer and service provided by the Front Desk Team and location. At the same time, please accept my sincere apology for the wifi connection.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards from the Golden city of Prague,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

1. The location of the hotel is perfect, it is very convinence for me to do some day trip to other parts of Czech from the main train station with a 2 mins walking distance. and it is also close to old town.

2. The service is good and warm. From the bellboy to the check-in desk and even the taxi driver are all very nice.

3. Good breakfast to start a day.

4. Free Wifi and room facilities made the stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Esplanade for stay in Prague and for sharing your comments with us.

I am delighted to hear that your overall stay was an enjoyable one, that you liked our breakfast offer, the comfort of our guestroom facilities' and the service provided by our Team.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Perfect location for travellers by rail, great staff with no hesitation of helping, fabulous room so much space and we'll appointed. The best breakfast ever for a hotel - if your transitting in Prague choose the Esplanade!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for selecting Hotel Esplanade Prague during your visit to the Czech Republic, and thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am delighted to hear that our hotel was an excellent choice for you, that you liked our breakfast offer,the comfort of our guestroom facilities and the service provided by our Team.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and I would like to wish you a great 2014.

lisbon
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel is comfortable, well located and decorated in an old fashion style. However, does not score as a 5 stars hotel. There are several aspects not complying with a 5 stars standard. For example: you'd expect having available a white robe and room slippers in the bedroom, as well as good bath towels (are very small); you'd expect to use your room safe box for free and to have free mineral water available, or to have a freshly squeezed orange juice and an expresso coffee for breakfast, without paying an expensive extra. Also, a 5 stars does not close the restaurant at 9 pm. Staff is polite, although not very friendly.
As positive remarks, beds and pillows are extremely comfortable, good screen TV and everything is very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, thank you for choosing Hotel Esplanade for your stay in Prague and for sharing with the fellow travellers your experience.

I was happy to read you like our location and old fashion styl of the hotel on the other hand, I truly regret, that we did not meet your expectations in terms of rooms. We do not provide tea and coffee facilities in the room but for comfort of the guest is availabe room service. Regarding the other items are availabe on the request .

I trust you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the Hotel Esplanade in the future to show you we can do better.

Kindest regards,

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was terribly dissapointed. In the afternoon hotel management (as I finally find out) invited riot cops (!) to the hotel! There were tens of them, fully armed and with equipment. Me and my partner were really scared and confused.
Personnel was arrogant, rude and not talking to us, nothing explained. Mayordomus even rejected to call the manager. Next morning they told us it was because of police intervention in building next to the hotel. It was some kind of squatt i gues. I dont care about next building at all! I dont care about squatters neither. I couldn't understand why should I feel unconfortable and unsafe in my hotel!
After this, I canceled reservation for next day and moved to other hotel. I was not surprised when they charged me whole stay...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple