“really good value”
Review of Hotel Harmony

Hotel Harmony
Ranked #334 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Don't expect the Ritz, and you will be more than satisfied with this centrally located option. First and foremost if you are looking for a city center haunt within a normal I'm-not-going-to-break-the-bank level budget, then this hotel hits the spot; added to that, it is clean, safe and staffed by friendly English speaking employees 24hrs a day. The breakfast is plentiful and varied, if un-gourmet and pig-laden. A super-critical observer might blog that the wi-fi cut out sporadically, there was only Luke-warm water past mid-day and the decor of the room was basic; personally, I didn't mind these things and don't prioritise or demand hotel splendor on a city break - after all, I was there to see the beautiful city, not the room. It's only right, however, to end on the most impressive factor: the gent on reception noticed that it was my girlfriend's birthday when checking our passports; when we returned to the room that night we found a complimentary bottle of [very nice] Czech white wine waiting for us next to a birthday card. Nicely done, sir.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Harmony

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Very good 3 star hotel in good location to the old square and transport (metro and trams). It's a short walk to the largest and newest shopping centre- The Palladium.
We were there over the Easter period and there were 2 front desk staff that went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The price for washing our clothes seemed bery cheap but the bill was 8 times more expensive when it was returned. There were lots of charges added that were not clear- the day staff member looked into it for us (wish we got her name as she was always very helpful!) and got the bill reduced a little for us which we appreciated. There is not a lot of facilities to do your own washing in prague so just be very clear on costs of washing through the hotel (the hotel had a third party collect the washing so it was not them charging us directly). There was a man at the desk who would make us cups of tea anytime of the day or night and went out if his way to be helpful. Breakfast was adequate with a small selection of hot food, bread, cheese, cold meats, cheese, salads.
The shower had instant hot water.
We booked a triple room. We stayed in 2 different rooms for our stay. The first was a double with an portable bed put in and the second was a true triple room with 3 single beds. The beds were firm but for us the ?down European pillows were not overly comfortable.
We slept in many mornings as we were out late and the cleaners did not come back later to clean our room so over 7 nights our room was only made up 3 times.
The second room we stayed in faced on the main road which was much noisier than the previous room towards the back of the hotel. This was not an issue
Overall our stay was really good and we would return again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The hotel has a great location, and is just a 15-minute walk from both Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. It located in Na Poříčí street, with easy and quick access to the main bus terminal Florenc on one end, and the major "Palladium" shopping centre and Republic Square (and metro station) on the other. The street is also lined with handy shops to make sure you never go hungry, including a Lidl supermarket and a KFC, and the rooms are equipped with fridges so there is possibility of storing some food.

The staff were polite and available 24/7 (the hotel is locked at midnight but the receptionist is available at any hour to let you in, even 5am as I've tested myself). The rooms are clean and the single room I booked was very spacious and came with a double bed, so they make sure you are comfortable too. Breakfast is included in the price and is fairly average, with a decent choice of teas and juice. The free wi-fi was reliable.

The downsides were no safe in the room and only one English channel on the outdated TV (CNN). However, a safe can be rented from reception for a daily fee. I booked through booking.com and asked for a street view on a higher floor, I got a back view on the 4th floor, I didn't complain as I thought I might as well not risk the noise factor of the trams in the street but if a view or other special requirements are important to you, you might want to raise them at check-in rather than go through the booking website as they may disregard those comments. Overall, for the price range, this hotel more than delivers.

Room Tip: Room higher up with back view is quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank meluvz2travel
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The location of this hotel was ideal for me, I traveled to Prague by bus from Munich, the hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the bus station. Another 10 minutes walk and you are right in the centre of town.
The room I had was at the back so there was no view to speak of, not that that mattered. The important thing in a hotel is that it is clean and the Harmony certainly is that. The staff were friendly and helpful all the time, even at 5am when I was heading out to take some early morning photos in the snow.
The breakfast is a buffet style as is normal in most hotels these days. The selection was good with mostly Czech style food, but as most of the guests seemed to be Czech anyway that was fine.

If you are looking for a very reasonable, clean, friendly and well located hotel then I can recommend the Harmony.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank horslip
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Great staff who were very knowledgeable and helpful. Buffet breakfast was really good with lots of different options. Clean room and shower, free wifi was good. Also very close and easy walk to supermarkets and city centre. I would stay here again in the future. I stayed here october 2012 so review is a little late, we were also able to leave our bags for the day after we had checked out.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

nice and clean hotel, close to the center and public transportation. friendly and very helpful front desk. free Wi-Fi in the room. the room was clean and comfortable. breakfast was ok, no scrambled eggs though ))))) short walk to market center. i would totally recommend this place to friends and stay there again when i come to Prague again :))) love this city!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Alina I
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The hotel is tidy, breakfast was great and the hotel rooms were tidy and good, but the cleaners had obviously opened my suitcase and STOLEN MONEY (coins worth only 2 euros but MONEY IS ALWAYS MONEY AND IT IS VERY INAPPROPRIATE TO OPEN SECRETLY SOMEONE ELSE'S SUITCSE AND STEAL MONEY)! I realized the situation only after I came back home so I hadnot chance to complain about this. I DONOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GONCA84
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we did not address this situation immediately. Sure would be found an explanation. I am sure that the staff did not take any money.