“Old building, worn out.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Harmony

Hotel Harmony
Ranked #285 of 667 Hotels in Prague
“Old building, worn out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

If I had to decide to come to this hotel deciding just on the reviews I read here, I would say this hotel has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Prague.
Now that I am a guest, the perspective changes drastically.
I came on a short business trip but wanted to be close to the town center in case I had some time for sightseeing. In fact, the location is very good: close to the metro and the city center. That's about it. Everything else is mediocre.
The hotel is old, which can be seen even from the outside. Very grey and not at all appealing. Well, looks can be deceiving - not this time. The inside is even worse; wooden furniture worn out, armchairs old fashioned. Not even the friendliness of the staff helps.
The single room I was staying at was very small, but had everything I needed, including the minibar. The phone was not working, the closed door couldn't close properly, and the door could be open even from the outside if you don't use the key to lock it. And if I forget?!?!
Breakfast was ok, but I ended up eating the same thing all three days. The last morning I did want to taste something different, yogurt looked nice, that is until I noticed two fine black hair in it.
Overall, I should have searched better to find a more suitable accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Masorca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Arrived in Prague a day early for a 10 day Danube river trip with a 3 day extension in Prague. Although we had 3 nights reserved at the Old Town Hilton, we didn't want to spent $250 euros on an extra night. Just around the corner we found the Hotel Harmony. For $55 euros we got a huge room with a view, a friendly staff, and a great breakfast. Plus free Wi-Fi which the Hilton charge $20 a day for.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Don't expect the Ritz, and you will be more than satisfied with this centrally located option. First and foremost if you are looking for a city center haunt within a normal I'm-not-going-to-break-the-bank level budget, then this hotel hits the spot; added to that, it is clean, safe and staffed by friendly English speaking employees 24hrs a day. The breakfast is plentiful and varied, if un-gourmet and pig-laden. A super-critical observer might blog that the wi-fi cut out sporadically, there was only Luke-warm water past mid-day and the decor of the room was basic; personally, I didn't mind these things and don't prioritise or demand hotel splendor on a city break - after all, I was there to see the beautiful city, not the room. It's only right, however, to end on the most impressive factor: the gent on reception noticed that it was my girlfriend's birthday when checking our passports; when we returned to the room that night we found a complimentary bottle of [very nice] Czech white wine waiting for us next to a birthday card. Nicely done, sir.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank W D
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Very good 3 star hotel in good location to the old square and transport (metro and trams). It's a short walk to the largest and newest shopping centre- The Palladium.
We were there over the Easter period and there were 2 front desk staff that went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The price for washing our clothes seemed bery cheap but the bill was 8 times more expensive when it was returned. There were lots of charges added that were not clear- the day staff member looked into it for us (wish we got her name as she was always very helpful!) and got the bill reduced a little for us which we appreciated. There is not a lot of facilities to do your own washing in prague so just be very clear on costs of washing through the hotel (the hotel had a third party collect the washing so it was not them charging us directly). There was a man at the desk who would make us cups of tea anytime of the day or night and went out if his way to be helpful. Breakfast was adequate with a small selection of hot food, bread, cheese, cold meats, cheese, salads.
The shower had instant hot water.
We booked a triple room. We stayed in 2 different rooms for our stay. The first was a double with an portable bed put in and the second was a true triple room with 3 single beds. The beds were firm but for us the ?down European pillows were not overly comfortable.
We slept in many mornings as we were out late and the cleaners did not come back later to clean our room so over 7 nights our room was only made up 3 times.
The second room we stayed in faced on the main road which was much noisier than the previous room towards the back of the hotel. This was not an issue
Overall our stay was really good and we would return again.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

The hotel has a great location, and is just a 15-minute walk from both Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. It located in Na Poříčí street, with easy and quick access to the main bus terminal Florenc on one end, and the major "Palladium" shopping centre and Republic Square (and metro station) on the other. The street is also lined with handy shops to make sure you never go hungry, including a Lidl supermarket and a KFC, and the rooms are equipped with fridges so there is possibility of storing some food.

The staff were polite and available 24/7 (the hotel is locked at midnight but the receptionist is available at any hour to let you in, even 5am as I've tested myself). The rooms are clean and the single room I booked was very spacious and came with a double bed, so they make sure you are comfortable too. Breakfast is included in the price and is fairly average, with a decent choice of teas and juice. The free wi-fi was reliable.

The downsides were no safe in the room and only one English channel on the outdated TV (CNN). However, a safe can be rented from reception for a daily fee. I booked through booking.com and asked for a street view on a higher floor, I got a back view on the 4th floor, I didn't complain as I thought I might as well not risk the noise factor of the trams in the street but if a view or other special requirements are important to you, you might want to raise them at check-in rather than go through the booking website as they may disregard those comments. Overall, for the price range, this hotel more than delivers.

Room Tip: Room higher up with back view is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank meluvz2travel
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

The location of this hotel was ideal for me, I traveled to Prague by bus from Munich, the hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the bus station. Another 10 minutes walk and you are right in the centre of town.
The room I had was at the back so there was no view to speak of, not that that mattered. The important thing in a hotel is that it is clean and the Harmony certainly is that. The staff were friendly and helpful all the time, even at 5am when I was heading out to take some early morning photos in the snow.
The breakfast is a buffet style as is normal in most hotels these days. The selection was good with mostly Czech style food, but as most of the guests seemed to be Czech anyway that was fine.

If you are looking for a very reasonable, clean, friendly and well located hotel then I can recommend the Harmony.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank horslip
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Great staff who were very knowledgeable and helpful. Buffet breakfast was really good with lots of different options. Clean room and shower, free wifi was good. Also very close and easy walk to supermarkets and city centre. I would stay here again in the future. I stayed here october 2012 so review is a little late, we were also able to leave our bags for the day after we had checked out.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple