“Value, price, quality”

Ranked #313 of 672 Hotels in Prague
“Value, price, quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dear Tripadvisor readers,

Let's be honest you are going to pick this hotel because you don't want to pay much and you still want to be near the city center of Prague. With a certain (budget) price you can only expect certain standards. The way I review this is that I consider this hotel a low to mid range price hotel.

Read this first! Pricing 2-3 from max 5.
-------------------------
From a 2-3 price hotel, I always hope to get 3 from 5 quality which is average. If you expect more then normally you should pay more. Anything I score about 3 points is better anything below is worse. Now that you know this let me tell you this hotel is a great pick. It exceeds expectations (compared to price) in almost every point.

Service - 5 out of 5
-------------------------
The check-in was fast and friendly however we got a room with a single double bed. Went up to the desk again and was quickly upgraded to a great room on the top floor. Which was in fact a 3 person room on the top floor with a large balcony,

There was a slight problem with the TV but that was also fixed quickly and promptly.

Note that the hotel asks you to leave you key at the desk when you go out and they close the door after 23:00 for security reasons. However the front desk is always staffed + very friendly so in reality this posed no problems at all.

Sleep Quality - 4 out of 5

Exceeded my expectations. Despite what I read in different reviews mattresses were good and seemed to be recently upgraded. The pillows were nice. Staying on the top floor I can say I had no noise whatsoever, it was very comfortable.

Cleanliness - 3 out of 5

It was clean and especially the bathroom was up to par. We did find a few little bugs in our rooms, but that could also have to do with the windows that we left open during the day. It is clean and ok for my standards.

Location - 4 out of 5

Great location for it's price. It's only 200 m away from the Metro station which connects you to both red and yellow lines. Next to that it's only a 500m walk to the city centre and the big Palladium shopping mall.

Rooms - 4 out of 5

Better the expected especially bathroom. Only side note is that the TV's are very old and the showers could do with some modernization as well. It's still very much a 90's hotel, so nice, but get some upgrades going Harmony.

Restaurant - 4 out of 5

Good quality breakfast, the female staff are working hard to keep everything filled and fresh. The hotel also has a nice lunch room with some good food.

Value - 5 out of 5

As covered initially from a hotel that is prices 2-3 out of 5 I had hoped for a 3 out of 5 mark on every front. Instead we're getting 4.1 out of 5 way more then expected. Mostly compliments to the service (ladies well done!), the infrastructure is a bit dated, but you're making the most of it so thumbs up. You're getting my 5 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M3mnon
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at hotel Harmony. Your feedback is very comprehensive. It's very inspiring for us and we can further improve our services.
Lubos Bernat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel Harmony is conveniently located just off Old Town Square. Breakfasts are sumptuous and different every day. Staff are all English Speaking and overly accommodating. A quiet place for business or pleasure! Free wi-fi and one block from the metro.

Room Tip: Beds are a bit firm, but I asked for a second comforter, so I slept on one and use the other as my b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Linda,
thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is very important for us.
Lubos bernat
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel late at night and didn't find it too hard to find even in the dark, it is about a 2 minute walk to the metro and about a 10-15minute walk to the main square in the centre. The location of the hotel is ideal, it is close to a large supermarket which is ideal.
The room was rather dated however this didn't affect our stay, the room was clean and well kept. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was also clean and couldn't make any complaints about the room.
The breakfast had a good variety and found ourselves getting full up on hot dogs for breakfast which kept us going for the whole day!
Would return to this hotel, it was perfect value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Hannah,
thank you to take a time to post your review. It is very important for us.
We all do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to Prague.
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Hotel Harmony is located in an area that felt a bit run down and not the most central for Prague's tourist attraction's. Although it is a fairly walkable city. I would classify it as a budget hotel. I've been to Prague many times and wasn't to bothered by the area, a first time traveler might feel different. I choose this hotel because of the room rate which included a substantial breakfast and WiFi. The room I had was quite noisy at times because it was by the elevator and stairwell. And lot of street noise as well in the morning. The mattress was on the stiff side and not the most comfortable. Hotel staff in general were friendly and helpful.
The hotel has no restaurant, but there are several fast food joints close by, including a Starbucks. There was also a very nice cafe called the Imperial is little ways down the street. A couple of the metro stations are pretty close for traveling further distances, especially in bad weather and a tram stop is outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms by the elevator and stairs are very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank StockholmKindaGuy
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review. Thanks to it we can still continue to improve our services.
I apologize for the uncomfortable mattresses and noise. In the hotel we offer different types of mattresses to make our guests feel satisfied. If guests are disturbed by noise from the street, or lift, it is important to contact Reception staff, so we can offer to our clients another quieter room.
We hope You will return to the Hotel Harmony

Alkmaar, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Location is very good, opposite to tram/bus stop and nearby metro station. Also good walking distance towards city centre.
Facilities in the hotel are ok. Personnel is friendly and helpful.
Negative point: the hard matrasses. We had no good sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review, It is very important for us. I apologize for uncomfortable matresses. Unfortunately, thera are many various guests in our hotel. Some want a soft mattress and other hard mattress, so we try to satisfy as many people as we can so we have a medium-hard mattress.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We had originally booked a room at City Inn Hotel but when we got to the shady, smoke-filled hotel we were rerouted to Hotel Harmony. The City Inn Hotel receptionist told us that we would have a better experience there. She was absolutely right! For no extra cost we experienced an incredible upgrade in ambience and service. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic and abundent. It was also not too far from the Old Town centre (not much further than City Inn Hotel but a whole lot better!).

Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. It is very important for us.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel shows "tripadvisor 2013 winner"at own entry.THIS hotel has robbed me 10 euro on final account.When I protested, the concierge said "oh yes, YOU gave me more.."and gave me 3 euro...the other 7 euros wasn't more, but related to daily change..so today one euro is worth 16 CZK and not 25 CZK as..always (thieves!).I think this is an unforgivable attitude.Staff not so kind.Sweet breackfast very limited.NOT NOT NOT ADVISED.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Giulia,
Thank you for your review. I am realy sorry for such a situation. The receptionist (Hanka) made a big mistake and charged 3,10 EUR more. After your complain she gave you this amount back. Let me explain present situation about the exchange rate. During this year was exchange rate EUR to CZK about 1:25. After Czech National Bank intervention is this rate from Novemver 2013 about 1:27,5 (27-28 CZK for 1 EUR). It looks for you that we charged 7 EUR more, than you have confirmed. But after you will see your bank report, I belive you will see that we have charged you right. If not, I am ready to refund the differnce to your account.
I hope, You will visit hotel Harmony again so we would have chance to make it up for You.
Best regards