I would like to to qualify the following review by stating that my wife and I have stayed in top end hotels (e.g. the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur) as well as the budget end (Travelodge) and everything in between. This hotel was by far the best value for money experience we have ever had.
My wife and I were going to Prague to celebrate my wife's Birthday and our Anniversary. I emailed the hotel with a few requests to make our stay special (a cake for my wife's birthday delivered to the room for example). I sent my original email to the generic address given on their website, which went unanswered. However, when I called the hotel and spoke to an actual person, the person I spoke to handled my request brilliantly. I even emailed a few time to change some of my requests and each time I was pleased with the professionalism and politeness of the responses.
Compared to London, Paris, New York and Amsterdam, Prague is a relatively small city. Most things can be seen within a 20min walk from the city center. As we had one large suitcase each we had decided to book a transfer with another company. Had we only had hand luggage, we would have taken the efficient metro system to the hotel. The metro stops a 4/5min walk from the hotel. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Prague. We were told that the walk to the center is 25min (reading other reviews here and going by what the concierge said) but it took us 35min. I don't think we walk slowly, but I do think that we probably didn't take the most direct route. We once walked back to the hotel from the city center by walking along the river (the hotel is right next to the river) and it took us 45min. We knew it would take longer but wanted to take in the views of the river.
Every member of staff we had the pleasure of meeting at the hotel were extremely polite, courteous and helpful. From reading reviews on tripadvisor, we had decided to request a room with a river view. These rooms are at the furthest point from the lifts. The hotel is in a square shape with a central atrium. Some hotel rooms face out onto the atrium and some face out into the city. Although the walk is nothing too taxing, when staying at such an outstanding hotel, you notice things that you would not otherwise notice. This is something that we noticed. Next time we stay here (and I hope there will be a next time) I would ask for a city view room. The views from other sides of the hotel are just as good (I think) as the view of the river, but a little closer to the lifts. Our room was very clean, modern and spacious with a very comfortable bed. We were on the executive floor and had a large bathroom with a bath and shower. As we had an executive floor room, we had access to the executive lounge where we had breakfast, snacks served throughout the day and alcoholic beverages in the afternoon/evening. Breakfast was outstanding. A good selection of hot and cold choices, as well as 'made to order' dishes such as pancakes, smoked salmon scrambled eggs, french toast and others. During our stay my wife and I tried the mentioned dishes at breakfast all of which were exemplary. My wife and I were going on a city break but wanted to spend a large amount of time relaxing in the hotel (we're not fans of beach holidays!). The executive lounge has won an award in 2010 for the best executive lounge in eastern Europe, and I can believe it. The people working in the lounge were friendly, professional and helpful. The lounge became our second home (after our hotel room). The snacks and drinks gave us time to sit and talk to each other in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We didn't eat out in the city much, but instead chose to have our dinners in the hotel. Prices were on the high side compared to the rest of Prague, but in line with what we would expect to pay for meals in small-ish restaurants on the outskirts of London. It was still cheaper than what we would expect to pay at the Hilton in central London, however, so we thought we got a good deal. One one night, I ordered a toasted ham sandwich which came with a side order of chips. (french fries) and my wife ordered a chicken sandwich. I can't remember the exact price of them now, but I think it was the equivalent of £18 each. We were sat in the Bistro restaurant and at the time of ordering I thought I was getting ripped off. How wrong I was. The sandwich had been crafted by experts using the best of the best ingredients and executed with the precision used by Swiss watchmakers. The service was legendary. We would happily pay that much for the food we ate and the service we received again. On our last night, we decided to eat at the more traditionally Czech restaurant in the hotel (I forget the name). By this time, we had become used to receiving exceptional service and the service we received was in line with our heightened expectations. We ordered the duck which came with some side vegetables and potatoes. Words can not describe the excellent quality of what we were served. It had clearly been cooked by someone who was experienced, skilled and passionate. We went to the Cloud 9 Bar (top floor) for after dinner drinks. Going to the bar is an experience in itself. Even if you don't order a thing, make sure you walk through it and make sure you walk into it using the lifts near the main entrance of the hotel. You will not be disappointed.
We also made use of the Cybex Gym within the hotel. The gym can be used by non-residence through a membership and as such is as well equipped as a standard gym in the UK (Fitness First/Top Notch for example). This is clearly much better than the relatively simple offering in other hotels which have gyms only for people residing in the hotel. The pool is a good size and clean withe a Jacuzzi. There is also a steam room and sauna. The leisure facilities are excellent and well worth a visit.
The cake which I had requested for my wife's birthday was delivered to the room and, I was later informed had been hand made to order by the hotels' pastry chef. I had requested for the cake to include white chocolate as it is my wife's favorite. When it arrived, it was white chocolate heaven. It was of the a quality comparable with what we in the UK might get from Patisserie Valerie or Harrods (we have experience of both). I really was not expecting a cake of such high quality to be hand made to order by the hotel's pastry chef.
Our stay at this hotel was faultless. It really was. If we were going to be spending the whole of the day out in the city and only returning to the hotel in the evening to sleep, then I can understand why someone would not want to stay at this hotel or why someone would think that it was expensive. If, however, someone wanted a truly relaxing experience, to leave the hotel at about 11am for some sightseeing and return at 4pm to go to the gym, pool, and spend some time relaxing in the executive lounge (it is a 'holiday' after all!) and if you don't mind taking the metro for three stops or taking a relaxing walk to get to the center, we could not recommend this hotel highly enough. It exceeded all of our expectations and was excellent value for money. Each member of staff at the hotel are experts in their trade. To the excellently serviced rooms from housekeeping, to the chefs, the the service experienced from waiting staff and the front desk - they are all experts in everything they do. My top tip? Upgrade to the executive lounge. And eat a meal at the hotel. I recommend the duck and the toasted sandwiches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Prague is a perfect base to discover the beauties of Prague. It is located within walking distance to the city centre full of local attractions, shops and a lively night scene. Hilton Prague houses 3 restaurants and 2 bars including the 24-hour Cafe Bistro, CzecHouse Grill & Rotisserie with modern international cuisine and Czech specialties, offers panoramic views from its award-winning Cloud 9 Sky Bar & Lounge, the Zest Bar and 24-hour Room Service. Every morning you can enjoy a rich buffet breakfast at Atrium restaurant. All rooms provide high-speed internet access, with a choice of a wired or wireless connection (Fee applies). A state-of-the-art fitness centre with cardiovascular machines, an indoor swimming pool and a spa centre are at your disposal. Massages are available as well. This hotel offers 37 individual conference and meeting rooms as well as Congress Hall and a Hilton Grand Ballroom, the Hilton Prague Czech Republic hotel is the perfect choice to host any event, whether for business or pleasure. Hilton Prague Hotel was awarded: WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Czech Republic's Leading Hotel 2016 BUSINESS TRAVELLER MAGAZINE AWARDS 2016 - Best Business Hotel in Eastern Europe 2016 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE 2016 - Certificate of Excellence, 6 years in a row BUSINESS DESTINATION TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Best Business Hotel, Czech Republic 2015 TTG TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Best Business and Congress Hotel in Czech Republic ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Prague Hotel Prague
- Hilton International Prague
- Prague Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Prague