“Good Hotel”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #139 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed for three weeks in February/March. Very large hotel. Surrounded by a number of multi-lane roads. A number of reasonable restuarants within a 10 to 15 minute walk. The front desk were very friendly but do things by the rule book. Not sure the hotel has got to grips with the way large corporations use automated travel agent systems to book rooms, and do not go through the agents themselves. Could use someone present with the ability to be more flexible. However, after my problems in the second week management went out of their way to make up for things during the remainder of my stay. Rooms were clean and well laid out. Beds were large and comfortable. Windows were not fully effective in blocking out the noise of the traffic but overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Traveller,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travellers here on Trip Advisor.

It was great to learn that overall you had a very comfortable stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel and that you remained satisfied with the facilities and especially with the approach of our management when you have faced problems.

However, please allow me to apologize for the fact that you have been distracted by the noise coming from the street. Therefore please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next stay and I will arrange a room for you according to your preferences.

The entire Hilton Prague team is sending you warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,089)

Reviewed 25 March 2013

It is a big hotel, with a Convention Center. It is just in front of the river, about 20-25 minutes walk from downtown. The rooms are ok, clean; we were a big group (around 700) and the hotel staff managed it very well. The food was good, and the staff is helpful.

Room Tip: try to get a room that is not so far from lifts, so you have a better wifi signal

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a nice review of your recent experience at the Hilton Prague Hotel.

It was a pleasure for me to note that you have been fully satisfied with the facilities, location, food quality as well as with the service provided by our team.

This feedback acts as a great motivation and I am already looking forward to sharing it with all team members.

I would be delighted if we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Wishing you all the Best from the beautiful Prague,

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here during a company conference at the Prague Congress Centre which is a 25 minute taxi ride away. Its a large hotel with a huge atrium area in the centre that you overlook as you use some of the many lifts available. Hhonors members have access to an exec lounge on the 8th floor with complimentary food and drinks. Breakfast is also available here. Breakfast is good but the main restaurant is pricey - some colleagues paid £200 in total for three steak meals.
The river is a short walk across the main road, and the metro is nearby.
The city centre can be reached on foot within about 20 minutes.
The main Hotel attraction for me was the 'Cloud Bar' on the 9th floor, accessed via a Star Trek-esque corridor with motion activated neon lights surrounding you. Most impressive! Bar prices were reasonable and there is a great atmosphere in there.
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Traveller!

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel as your temporary “Home away from Home” when visiting Czech Republic.

I was pleased to learn that you remained satisfied with the hotel and with the Executive Lounge. Moreover that you enjoyed our Cloud 9 Sky Bar and that it was a great experience for you!

Nevertheless, I was sorry to read that the Restaurant prices seem too high. I would like to inform you that our prices at the Restaurant are at the same level as our 5* competitors in Prague.

Thank you again for a nice comment and for recommending. Please contact me directly prior to your next arrival in order to arranging your stay.

Sincerely Yours,
Martin Musil

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I did not book this hotel, but taken there by the airline when my flight was postponed.
I guess this hotel is not meant for tourists according to its location.
We arrived to the hotel after midnight, and got a room with to "queen" beds which were supposed to fit the four of us.
I tried to get some food for my 5 years old child, and had a problem doing so in the hotel. room service is problematic at night, and I was offered a very high price for a bread basket.
The hotel staff did not care too much in helping me get food. I gave up on getting food in the hotel. The staff said getting food anywhere outside the hotel is not possible (this is not true), and would not help with any directions. After walking around a lot I found a McDonald's which is open 24 hours, and managed to buy some food.
Except for the beds being small, we did not have enough blankets and towels in the room. After asking I did get blankets, but they smelled of cigarette smoke. I did not sleep a lot that night.
The reason I am not giving the hotel the lowest grade is that the breakfast and lunch were good.
Since I checked out in the morning and had to wait till the afternoon, I spent a lot of time in the lobby. The internet connection there is not so good, so it is hard to get work done. Since smoking is allowed in big parts of the open spaces, I do not recommend visiting the hotel with children.

Room Tip: Queen beds are small for couples
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Allow me to thank you very much for staying with us recently as well as giving us a constructive feedback of your stay.

It was a disappointment for me to learn that your overall experience was marred by some shortcomings you have mentioned. I would like to sincerely apologize for the fact that the room service was not able to fulfil your wishes as well as that the approach of the team member you were talking to seemed to be unprofessional. Please let me ensure you that this is definitely not the reflective of our usual high standards.

It is essential for me to take immediate action on this that it will not reoccur in the future, therefore I would like to kindly ask you to provide me with more information, such as your full name and the exact date of your stay and send it to dutymanager.prague@hilton.com.

Furthermore, allow me to express my regrets that the towels and blankets were smelling of cigarettes and that you could not sleep properly. I would like to inform you that the Duty Manager who is operating in the hotel 24/7 would have been taken immediate action to resolve the issues to your satisfaction if it had been reported.

According to your comment about the internet connection in the lobby, may I kindly ask you with which device you tried to connect to the internet in order to follow up on this?

Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next arrival as the entire Hilton Prague Team would like to prove to you that your experience was an exception rather than a rule and that we can be indeed a better host.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Second time at the Hilton Prague in two years. Room was nice enough, and pretty well appointed, service was good and efficient. This hotel can accommodate very large conference groups (500-750) quite well, and lunches and coffee breaks were good. Only drawbacks were that i) very efficient and friendly room service was a bit pricey in respect of cover / tray charge ii) WiFi has not improved and worked 50% of the time. You're fine with a laptop as the LAN cable works well, but iPads/iPods etc are not ideal

All in all, a good experience....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Marketa N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel during your recent visit of the Czech Republic again.

It was a real pleasure for me to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our property.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the difficulties with Wi-Fi connection. Let me assure you that we are constantly increasing Wi-Fi signal in all guest rooms as well as public areas. I truly regret the matter was not reported during your stay, so that we could have followed up immediately by providing you with an increase signal device.

I hope that you will choose our hotel again the next time you visit our Golden City.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here for a conference. The best part is the hotel despite huge retains a very warm and personal touch. Breakfast was real good. No need to take cabs as there is a metro very near . To reach the metro one needs to exit by the side entrance where the buses are parked. Then cross the small road and cut across the shops to reach the second road . The metro is just opposite . Did not see any ticket counters inside but the trick is you can get tickets from the small shop in front of the station.
For those who want a good night of clubbing experience , I found gold fingers to be the best club in terms of quality as well as price . The 300 crown offer for 5 beers is outta the world.

Room Tip: Corners are small but have good views of the roads outside
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Harrikris

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn of your overall satisfaction with our services and that we presented ourselves according to our usual high standards.

I am looking forward to your next stay in our property.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Nice huge luxury hotel with excellent amenities. Around 10 mins walk to historic centre. Lovely and delicious food in the restaurant but a bit pricey. Staff welcoming and definitely will use this hotel when coming back to prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague hotel and for writing such a nice review about our property.

I was delighted to read, that you remained satisfied with the facilities and with the service you received from our team members.

I look forward to your returns.

My best regards from Prague,