“If you want to stay in a mamouth, cold brick block, stay in the Hilton Prague!”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #146 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It caters to mass tourist and business market, has zero "warm and cozy" feeling, and feels like living a huge cinder block. If you want to be one of another million, then this is your place! The location is right off downtown, so location not bad. Rooms however were modern and clean, but with usual tourist noise in hallways. You have to stand in line for morning breakfast to give your room number with the other 1000+ guests too.... join the sheep herd... stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel during your recent visit of Czech Republic.

I am very disappointed to read that the size of our hotel was not up to your expectations. Moreover, I am very sorry that you did not like the contemporary and modern design of the hotel.

Would you please be so kind and provide us with more details regarding your stay on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com . Please rest assured that the guest satisfaction is very important for us as we strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. We would really appreciate your detailed feedback which will be shared with the team and proper actions set.

On the happier note it was a pleasure for me to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel and that you remained satisfied with your room.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in our property in the future as we would very much like the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and that we can indeed do better. Please do contact me prior your next visit to arrange your stay with preferential attention.

With my warmest regards from sunny Prague,

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,167)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

from the florenc metro it is just a few minutes walk, however you do have to walk through a graffiti strewn alley, slightly intimidating at night. check in was quick and easy and the staff were very efficient. our room was on the 4th floor and easy to find in a hotel with so many rooms. the room was clean and comfortableand had the usual amenieties you would expect to find at this standard of hotel. we had a snack and a beer before setting out and once again service was excellent but it was quite expensive, you will find much cheaper in town. this property is not in the centre and is a good 30 minute walk along the river to the charles bridge, not a problem if you like walking as it is perfectly flat and the river walk is quite nice. as you leave to walk along the river you once again go through a graffiti strewn tunnel, not that pleasant and i could imagine it being scary at night. the hotel has a casino that was very popular and had all the usual table games, it also had a free bar and a free buffet which was a nice touch. the hotel was very quiet at night leading to a good nights sleep after a hard day in a fabulous city. i guess the reason it is a way out of town is due to its size and the fact it caters to large groups and river cruises. i would stay here again as the service and facilities are first class but would prefer to be closer to the city centre

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague during your visit at the Czech Republic and for taking you time to share your nice feedback with other travellers.

With a pleasure I learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again. I will certainly share your positive comments concerning efficiency of our staff, cleanliness and comfort of our guest rooms with all members of the team. I would like to assure you, that comments such as yours act as a great motivator.

Nevertheless, concerning the location, please allow me to inform you that the public transportation is less than three hundred meters from the hotel, therefore it is very easy to get everywhere in the city relatively quickly and conveniently. Moreover, please allow me to inform you that our prices are in line with other 5* properties in the city.

Once again, thank you for your valuable patronage and looking forward to welcoming you back in Hilton Prague.

Sincerely Yours,

Martin Musil

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after our river cruise. The hotel is big but the service was superb. We checked using the Viking check in facility and were directed to our room which looked out over the main concourse. The room was large, clean and had everything you required. We had three good nights sleep and the breakfast were superb with fantastic service from all the staff. We did not have evening meals or drinks here as they were very expensive but there are so many good cafes and restaurants in Prague you do not need to. If I could I would give this 6 stars!

Room Tip: I would choose one looking onto the concourse as I would think some of the external views could be v...
2  Thank RIDINGAROUND
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting Prague and for posting your beautiful review about your stay.

I was delighted to read, that our hotel was ‘the best hotel you have ever stayed in’. Moreover, it was a big pleasure for me to learn, that you remained highly satisfied with the service provided by our team, that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you felt comfortable in our Guest room.

Please rest assured, that feedback such as yours act for us as a great motivator to continue with our hard work, and I will certainly share it with the rest of the team.

Nevertheless, in regards to our Food & Beverage prices, please allow me to mention, that our prices are in line with other 5* properties in Prague.

Thank you very much again for sharing your experience, and if you plan to visit Prague again in the future, please contact me directly on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com for arranging another memorable stay for you.

Truly Yours,

Irina Maizlish

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in this Hotel with friends at the end of a Viking River cruise trip and were pleased as I usually am with Hilton facilities, service and amenities.

Understand this is a huge hotel (I believe 700 rooms and it is located outside of the old town (there is another Hilton right in the Old Town) but there is a Metro site nearby (Florence).

I can recommend this Hotel to you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that we managed to deliver the usual high standard of services, hotel facilities and amenities that you are used to at the Hilton hotels.

Moreover, it was a pleasure to read that you are recommending our hotel to other travelers during their visit of the Golden city of Prague.

I am already looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel again on your next trip to Prague.

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here as part of cruise package. It is a big hotel so one could see why cruise companies use it to handle large groups. For the traveller however it is a disappointment. It is not close to any of the Prague sites and the rooms have no views. While the rooms are purportedly air conditioned they lack any air circulation. Windows are sealed so no opportunity to breath fresh air. We needed taxi service a number of times. We found that the hotel only allows their own limos to pick guests up. We had regular taxis for our returns and found that their fares were generally half the price of the hotel cars. This would not be a hotel for the traveller who wishes to experience Prague's many sights and sounds.

Room Tip: If you must stay here be sure to get an outside facing room. The interior rooms face into the hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear valued traveler,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with us and other travelers.

I was disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please note that the historical city of Prague is situated 15 minutes of walk from the hotel or it can be reached by the public transport within 5 minutes of ride. The nearest station ‘Florenc’ is located two minutes of walk from the hotel and it allows its passengers to use the Metro [Subway], Tram or Bus services.

Regarding your comments about the room’s ventilation I would like to assure you that the window in every guest bedroom can be opened to let some fresh air in. Moreover, each room is equipped with its own air-condition unit to allow the guests to set the temperature and level of ventilation up to their preferences.

Concerning your notes regarding the taxi pricing , please allow me to say that although the prices of hotel taxis are higher than the city taxis this is in line with the higher level of service provided, such as English speaking drivers, possibility to charge the ride to the room bill and luxurious cars Skoda Superb. Moreover, the prices are fixed and based on the map zones instead of charging the ride based on the taxi meter. This is very transparent system of prices which prevents any customer to be overcharged as it unfortunately sometimes happens with some unofficial taxis in the city center. Nevertheless, if any of our guests prefers to use different taxi company they are, of course, allowed to be picked up or dropped off by the hotel.

I hope that my response helped to alleviate some of your disappointment and that we will have the chance to host you in our hotel again during your next trip to the Golden city of Prague.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had 3 beautiful days in Prague,3 beautiful days in Hilton Prague,they have a great staff,everything was fine,I could recommend to everyone the hotel.I apreciated the fact that I could made the check-in in the morning,we had traveled all night-me&my little girl.The breakfast&the front-desk teams are very helpfull.I hope that maybe in the future I will go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Mihaela-Monica L
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and fellow travelers.

It was a pleasure for me to learn that you had a great stay and you and your daughter enjoyed the visit of the Golden city of Prague.
Please rest assured that your most valued feedback will certainly be shared with the whole team.

I am already looking forward to hosting you at our hotel during your next trip to Czech Republic.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. It is about a twenty minute walk to the Old Town, square and river so is quite well located. Breakfast, which is the only meal we ate there was excellent. Also the rooms, which are large and very clean. The major problem we found is that it seems to be a starting/stopping venue for several of the Danube cruising companies and as a result the downstairs area was always completely full of people arriving, leaving or waiting for buses. Given that the hotel is not cheap, I am sure there are nicer and quieter luxury hotels in Prague for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcfrowen
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel!

It was a great pleasure for me to learn that you remained highly satisfied with the hotel facilities and with the service provided by our team members.

Regarding your comment about the cruising companies, please allow me to note, that the lower lobby reception is designated for the arrival/departure of larger groups for better organization. This allows the reception team on the main reception on L level to pay all their attention to the needs of individual travelers.

I am sending you the warmest regards on behalf of the whole team of Hilton Prague.

Yours sincerely,