“Luxury & comfort for the weary traveler.”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #132 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Tampa Bay
“Luxury & comfort for the weary traveler.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Prague is gorgeous & historical. Sometimes though a quiet oasis with a luxerious soak in hot bath followed by a good night's rest on a comfortable bed prepares you for another day's adventure.

Hilton has thought of everything to make you feel pampered. Front desk is most helpful & this hotel is not nearly as far from the action as it may appear on a map. The walk to the historic city center is lined with interesting shops & wonderful small restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Aine997
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Valued Traveller,

Allow me to thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting our Golden city and for sharing such a beautiful review about your stay with us.

With great pleasure I read, that you had a comfortable and a memorable stay with us; I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of the Hilton Prague Team.

We are already looking forward to pamper you again in the future; please contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com so that I can arrange your next stay.

With warmest greetings on behalf of all the Hilton Prague Team,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Staying here for three nights and as you would expect, it looks very grand from the outside. On arrival, the reception staff were ok, a little clinical and impersonal for me, plastic smiles etc. the room was spacious and well appointed but again the over bath shower was not good and the shower itself was slow. My view from the room was facing inside, so not too good and it is worth asking for an outside view.

As I was in late, I decided to eat at the cafe and the service and food was first class, but the real issue for me was the cigarette smoke and constant smell throughout the hotel, not good for a non smoker.

It will be better as soon as the ban is extended, but Hilton, why wait??

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for sharing your review.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you remained highly satisfied with the food and with the service of our Café Bistro.

However, please accept my regrets that our reception team seemed impersonal, as you described. It is not the level of service we strive to provide, therefore, please rest assured, that proper follow up will be done to make sure we improve on this point.

Moreover, allow me to mention, that we always try to keep our facilities on the highest level; I would truly appreciate if you provide me with more details about the bath shower in the room you stayed in on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com, so that I can share it with our Engineering team.

Nevertheless, I truly apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to the cigarette smoke smell. Please note, that our hotel is divided to smoking and non-smoking parts. Smoking is allowed in certain areas of our hotel as smoking is not prohibited in the Czech Republic and we try to satisfy both, smokers and non-smokers.

I hope, that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival for arranging your stay.

With kindest regards,

Jiri Pereverzov
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When we stayed at the Hilton a year ago, it got a poor rating. Room was dark and reminded us of their Communist days. This time things were better. The room was bright with fresh carpet and paint. Bathroom was clean and nice. Buffet breakfast was very good and staff was friendly. You still have to go down to lobby for free wifi, which is a nuisance. Hotel has it's own taxi service which we used to take us to dinner and pick us up twice. A nice feature.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for staying again at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting the Czech Republic and for taking the time to share a Re-Review of our hotel.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that your experience was a pleasant one, and that overall you enjoyed our facilities and our services.

We will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future and I remain at your entire disposal at dutymanager.prague@hilton.com.

Sincerely Yours,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is gorgeous, the lobby area looks stunning! Located very close to the metro station and is 15 minutes walk from all famous tourist attractions. Staff is very friendly and attentive - were of great help throughout whole stay. Thank you very much, we will certainly be back! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for sharing your beautiful review.

I was delighted to read, that you had a memorable stay with us and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com before your next arrival for arranging another great stay for you.

With warm greetings,

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Really beautiful structure with inner courtyard and three restaurants. Food is very good, especially in the Czech House and Bistro. Breakfast is buffet and just about anything you could want is available. With access to the Executive Lounge, more options available especially for snacks and drinks. Our room had view of river which we enjoyed as opposed to courtyard view. We could at least see what the weather was doing! One drawback is how steep the tub is. Be sure there is a rubber mat for it....we had to request one. The tub is very slippery! Toilet is separate with a small sink. Larger sink and shower/tub together. A few shops in lobby. Limited seating in lobby for meeting/sitting. Many tourists and business people there. About a 15 minute walk to local restaurants and shopping areas. Sky Bar was nice, but smoking is allowed so we didn't last long. Try the Chicken Satay....excellent!

Room Tip: We liked having a river view from our room. If you don't mind the walk from the elevator, reques...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for such a beautiful feedback you have just shared on Trip Advisor with us and other travellers about your recent stay .

I was delighted to note that from the facilities, to the service and food at the Atrium breakfast restaurant, the Café Bistro and CzecHouse to the Executive Lounge we could exceed your expectations. With the help of a comment such as yours the team members feel the appreciation for their work and it motivates them to continue this effort. Please rest assured that all your comments will be happily shared with the entire team.

Moreover, concerning your comment to bath mat, please allow me to mention that we place this to an every room in order to exceed the Safety & Security standards.

It would be a pleasure for the Hilton Prague Team to host you again in our hotel and to provide you with the same high service you are used to from us.

On behalf of the entire team I am sending best wishes from Prague,

Martin Musil
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This Hilton routinely exceeds my expectations and is a model that other hotels can learn from. The overall experience provided by the staff here is way better then that of many 5 star hotels I have stayed at.
I had an executive room and as been upgraded as VIP,had one of the managers welcoming me,which was a really nice touch,at the check In Emmanuel took the time to explain us everything we need,Respectively Jana,Ernest and Emmanuel made our stay unforgettable with an excellent attention to our old chaps demands .

I would highly recommend this property and will to anyone traveling to Prague

Many thanks to you

Cooper

Room Tip: Excecutive rooms are the best
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candyblurr
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to thank you for posting such a beautiful review about your stay in our hotel here on Tripadvisor!

With a great pleasure I read about your great experience while staying in upgraded room. Moreover, that you remained highly satisfied with the service provided, Especially by Jana, Ernest and Emmanuel. Please rest assured that your comment will be shared with entire team and is indeed appreciated by all. Your note that you will recommend us to your friends travelling to Prague is certainly our reward.

I am sending you my warmest greetings on behalf of the Hilton Prague Team and we all are looking forward to welcome you or your friends in the future.

Truly yours,

Martin Musil
New York, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

First the positives. A beautiful hotel, ultra comfortable large room and bed, nice staff. Great supermarket directly across the street, transit one block away. Nice LOCAL restaurants which were very "un touristy" also within walking distance. The one negative is if you are a tourist that wants to be near the touristy sights like the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square or Prague Castle, the Hilton is a bit out of the way. I'm 55, and my wife and I walked everywhere, but it was a solid 30 minutes on foot to get to those sights, though very fast with the train. Now my honesty check: when I checked in here (for three nights) I was rather perturbed at this location, and wrote a more negative review on day 1. But after staying here for three nights, I actually found it was a pleasure to be away from the fray; Prague is beautiful, but very touristy. When we after a long day of sightseeing we returned here to the peace and quiet, and the quaint local restaurants, and the great supermarket, my tune changed. My prior review was unfair, and unjustified. Which is why I requested to Tripadvisor to remove it to submit this one. Summation: Recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ITL57
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time and sharing your experience with us and other travelers.

I was delighted to learn that you had great stay in our beautiful hotel and that you really enjoyed your time spent in the Golden city of Prague.

With great pleasure I was reading that we were able to change your mind after you spent three nights in our hotel. Moreover, it is much appreciated that you made the extra effort to make sure a fair review is posted here on Trip Advisor.

Please note that the whole team of Hilton Prague is already looking forward to hosting you and your wife in our hotel again. Would you be so kind and drop me an email on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior your next visit as I would really like to arrange your stay with preferential attention.

With my best regards,