“Excellent Business stay”

Ranked #132 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent Business stay”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed in November 2013. Excellent business facility, good breakfast, gym was very very good for hotel. Attended a conference and was extremely impressed with the quality of service and conferencing. Location within walking distance of the all attractions in old town and across the road from the Florenc metro station. Night Club on the 9th floor was a lovely touch

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ismail M
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for posting your review here on Trip Advisor.

With great pleasure I was reading that you really enjoyed your stay especially that you were extremely impressed with the quality of the service and conference areas in our hotel.

Your praising words will certainly be shared with the whole team as it works as a great motivator.

On behalf of the team of Hilton Prague hotel I am sending you the warmest regards from Prague and we all are looking forward to hosting you again in our property.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel and was really disappointed by this experience.
At my arrival I asked especially for a quiet room which was for me easy to get in a 5 stars hotel.
I was located at the 4th floor.
I didn't remark at the first the door in my bedroom which gave an access to the other bedroom.
When I noticed that I can hear everything from my neighbour (even when he switches the light off ...) I understood that there was a problem.
But not only..
The hotel is very noisy : You can hear people talking in the corridor, police cars in the street ... (double glazing is not sufficient at all) , doors banging etc. I don't understand when I read some comments which said that this hotel is well soundproof !!
For the second night, I had another room. After waiting for more than 15 min the bulter who may transport my luggages, I decided to do it by myself.
In the 2nd room I didn't have all the noises from my previous neighbour and the police cars, but all the night I heard the elevators (6 per floor) and their signals when they arrived at our floor...
WIFI was free only for 24 hours which it's incredible to pay for that service in such range of hotel.
As we were a group, some others had problems with températures in the bedroom (very hot or very cold !) and were very disturbed too by the noise.
Positive points : Breakfast, Sky bar on the top of the hotel, location.

I can not recommend this hotel at all.

1 Thank Claire132
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

I was very disappointed to learn that your stay was marred by the shortcomings described in your review.

Please accept my regrets for the fact that you were disturbed by noise from other guest rooms and from the corridor during the night. I would like to assure you that every one of our guest rooms is sound-proofed to be in line with the Hilton Worldwide standards. However, your most valuable feedback will be certainly passed to the Chief Engineer and will be considered for future refurbishment decisions.

Regarding your comment about the paid Wi-Fi connection please note that free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas of the hotel and it is time-unlimited.

On the happier note I was happy to read that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast as well as Cloud 9 Sky Bar on the roof of the hotel.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to host you in our hotel again as we would very much like the opportunity to prove that your recent experience was just an exception rather than rule and that we can, indeed, do better. Would you please be so kind and contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior your next visit of the Golden city of Prague as I would like to arrange your stay with preferential attention.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Musil
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

i used to stay here almost every month until a few years ago and returning shows the hotel as it is - a conference location with enthusiastic staff let down by a feeling od coldness.
everyone wants to help - thats great but the feeling of a warm hotel of the past seems to have gone.
Breakfast is a bit chaotic and limited, Dinner was pricey but not bad and the rooms feel a bit sad now and need a refreshing make over.
I am here for a conference but returning for private will probably let me go to the old town location.

Room Tip: some rooms are smoking rooms - insist on a non smoking one on checking in.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and fellow travelers.

I was very disappointed to learn that the hotel did not match your expectations from your previous stays. Please rest assured that your feedback regarding the breakfast will be shared with our Food and Beverage team in order to follow up with the team.

Moreover, in regards to the condition of the rooms please note that the guest rooms, as well as all other areas of the hotel, are being regularly renovated to be up to all Hilton Worldwide standards.

On the happier note, I was delighted to read your kind words about our helpful and enthusiastic team.

I hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back in our property again. Would you please be so kind and contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior your next visit of the city as I would very much like to arrange your stay with preferential attention.

Yours sincerely,

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Went to this hotel at the end of a holiday. Expected great things as it had the Hilton name, I start with reception booking in slow staff at reception but not approaching guests who had to get their attention not good. You have to give over your credit card as guarantee in case of expenses but all I was told was that an amount of money had been assigned against my card but I had to then get reassurance from another member of staff who took the time to explain to me that money would not actually be taken unless mini bar or other items used. Hotel seemed soulless large atrium looked fantastic but was a very large space and that seemed to swallow the ambience. Rooms great serviced well cleaning staff great stayed in room one morning cleaner attended and was fantastic asked her just to service bathroom she did bid us good morning and went off after asking if she could do anything else to help. Breakfast food fantastic, with each guest being greeted personally and escorted to a table, if you did not like the table they would move you. Very casual affair and a great start to the day. Would recommend this hotel, as it is only 15 min walk to the town centre and very comfortable but soulless may well just be me.

Room Tip: Great place to stay to explore Prague shame about the reception
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel during your visit of Czech Republic.

I was glad to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that we were able to provide a great start to the day with the Hilton breakfast. Moreover, your praising words about the service received from the Room attendant were shared with the whole team as it is great example of the customer service we are striving for.

However, I was disappointed to read that your enjoyable stay was slightly marred by the experience with the Reception team during the check-in. Please rest assured that your most valuable feedback will certainly be brought to the attention of Front Office Manager to follow up with the team to make sure all guests receive the efficient and friendly service that we are well known for.

I hope we will have the pleasure to host you again in our hotel during your next trip to the City of golden Prague as we would very much like the opportunity to prove you that your check in experience was just an exception rather than rule.

With my warmest regards,

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Lovely Hotel well located in Prague centre for shops and sightseeing.Lovely ,big rooms with king size beds and all ameneties.Staff all lovely and no problems with the language as they all spoke perfect English!! Lovely breakfast with lots of choice including good old bacon & eggs!! Dined later on and there is a good choice of food to suit all tastes.Prices a little high but to be expected in such a lovely Hotel. Would stay there again, and soon I hope as Prague is such a beautiful place.

Room Tip: The overnight stay was part of a package holiday en-route to a river cruise to Berlin.The rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travellers.

It was a big pleasure for me to learn, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities and with the services provided by our team.

Moreover, I was delighted to read, that you had a great Food & Beverage experience.

Prior to your next arrival, please drop me a note on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com, so that I can arrange your stay according to all your preferences.

The whole Hilton Prague Team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Truly Yours,

Irina Maizlish
Tampa Bay
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Prague is gorgeous & historical. Sometimes though a quiet oasis with a luxerious soak in hot bath followed by a good night's rest on a comfortable bed prepares you for another day's adventure.

Hilton has thought of everything to make you feel pampered. Front desk is most helpful & this hotel is not nearly as far from the action as it may appear on a map. The walk to the historic city center is lined with interesting shops & wonderful small restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Aine997
Dear Valued Traveller,

Allow me to thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting our Golden city and for sharing such a beautiful review about your stay with us.

With great pleasure I read, that you had a comfortable and a memorable stay with us; I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of the Hilton Prague Team.

We are already looking forward to pamper you again in the future; please contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com so that I can arrange your next stay.

With warmest greetings on behalf of all the Hilton Prague Team,

Irina Maizlish
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Staying here for three nights and as you would expect, it looks very grand from the outside. On arrival, the reception staff were ok, a little clinical and impersonal for me, plastic smiles etc. the room was spacious and well appointed but again the over bath shower was not good and the shower itself was slow. My view from the room was facing inside, so not too good and it is worth asking for an outside view.

As I was in late, I decided to eat at the cafe and the service and food was first class, but the real issue for me was the cigarette smoke and constant smell throughout the hotel, not good for a non smoker.

It will be better as soon as the ban is extended, but Hilton, why wait??

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for sharing your review.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you remained highly satisfied with the food and with the service of our Café Bistro.

However, please accept my regrets that our reception team seemed impersonal, as you described. It is not the level of service we strive to provide, therefore, please rest assured, that proper follow up will be done to make sure we improve on this point.

Moreover, allow me to mention, that we always try to keep our facilities on the highest level; I would truly appreciate if you provide me with more details about the bath shower in the room you stayed in on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com, so that I can share it with our Engineering team.

Nevertheless, I truly apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to the cigarette smoke smell. Please note, that our hotel is divided to smoking and non-smoking parts. Smoking is allowed in certain areas of our hotel as smoking is not prohibited in the Czech Republic and we try to satisfy both, smokers and non-smokers.

I hope, that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival for arranging your stay.

With kindest regards,