“Better options for tourists”

Ranked #132 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Denton, Texas
“Better options for tourists”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a Viking Cruise so the hotel select was not my doing and if I had the opportuntity to pick a hotel this would not have been the one I selected for my trip. I travel constantly for work and this hotel was perfect for buisness travels or conventions but was not idea for tourists. It is a large American style hotel with a spa, services and shops but if you want to be close to the local scene and really experience the charm of Prague there are much better options.
The hotel is located in an area with large office buildings and there are a few shops/stores in an enclosed mall across the street but many are closed on the weekends or close early. The walk to Old Town is about 20 minutes which is not bad however there are other hotel options closer.
The rooms are well maintained and provided everything we needed for our stay and were comfortable. We travled in December and the hotel was virtually empty or atleast it seemed that way even with a poker festival going on...this is a large hotel.
Since we where with a group I don't know what the rate of this hotel so if it meets your price range and requirements it is not a bad hotel but I would recommend looking at others closer to the Old Town if you can. I think if you are here on holiday you will enjoy staying closer to Old Town more than this location.

Room Tip: As for a room that faces the river. The other option is to face an office building or the lobby. I...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you consider our hotel to be perfect for business travelers and that you found our rooms well maintained and comfortable.

Concerning to your comments regarding the location please allow me to mention that the historical city center is also reachable from the station Florenc which is just two minutes of walking away from the hotel. Using underground or tram you can reach the Old Town within two stops which takes up to 5 minutes. Many of our guests are also praising possibility of romantic walks by the river bank which allow them to relax and enjoy the beautiful view at Prague Castle and other sights.

I hope that you will enjoy the upcoming holiday season and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you in our hotel again during your next trip to the Golden city of Prague.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hilden, Germany
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Hilton Prague! We would always come back there. It is a big, stunning hotel. Very good service, especially at the restaurant. The room was nice and clean. The tram station is just around the corner (5 minutes walk). We did not miss anything and can recommend this hotel to everybody else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel and for taking your time and sharing your review with us.

I was delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time in our hotel and that you will be coming back again, moreover that you are recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Furthermore, your praising words about the very good service in the hotel and especially at the restaurant will certainly be passed to the whole team.

I am already looking forward to your next visit and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!!!

Yours sincerely,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have nothing bad to say at all. I really enjoyed my stay here - the rooms were spacious and clean, the service was excellent and the staff friendly, the breakfast was very good. The only slightly negative thing would be the smoking in all of the lobbies.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear valued Traveler,

With great pleasure I learned that you really enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you found our rooms spacious and clean as well as friendly staff providing excellent service.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you in our hotel soon again and in the meantime I wish you happy holiday season and all the best to 2014.

With my best regards,

viareggio
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have spent one night in this wonderful hotel on a business travel. Large rooms, well equipped
The entrance has an American look, with lifts going up overlooking the inner yard. Breakfast offers wide variety of food for all tastes. I did not like the souvenir shop inside the hotel but it's my opinion. Walking distnce from Florenc metro station or tram stop to Namesti Republik. Prague is wonderful and magic any time of the year, any weather you find.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review here on Tripadvisor.

I was very happy to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and remained very satisfied with the facilities and services.

I am sending you the warmest regards on behalf of the whole team of Hilton Prague and looking forward to serve your favourite breakfast again.

Denver
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked this room through Hilton and requested an upgrade on the Executive level. I received an upgrade as well as everything else what one would expect and it was fantastic! Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and done up well. The open bar was nice and breakfast was great. We had a amazing time in Praha and it all started with the Hilton! Thanks and we shall be back

Room Tip: Executive level is the best. It’s worth the extra cost
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting Prague and for sharing your beautiful review with us and with other travellers.

I was delighted to read, that you had a great stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities and with the service provided by our team.

The whole Hilton Prague Team will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future; Please contact me directly on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior to your next arrival and it will be a pleasure for me to arrange your stay according to all your preferences.

With warmest greetings and kindest regards,

Irina Maizlish
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 December 2013

good and clean Hotel. Good fitness facilities and spa area. Quality breakfast and very good Hilton service inlcuding transportation , city maps and information re. the city. Walking distance to city centre. Metro station is also nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and fellow travellers.

With great pleasure I noted that you remained highly satisfied with our services and hotel facilities, especially our Spa & Fitness area and our breakfast offer.

The entire Hilton Prague team would be honoured to welcome you back in our hotel in the future, and I am sending you my best greetings.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Please ignore the reviews that talk badly about the hotel. This is an outstanding place to stay. My reservation was made online via the Hilton website. The price was very reasonable, and seemed like it would work out because of the description / location and we were not dissappointed.

The first thing that happend after the reservation was receiving an email from the hotel stating that because I was a Gold member with Hilton, we would be upgraded to the executive floor. We were also directed to check in on the 8th floor. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the Duty Manager Christoph. He made us feel welcome by offering my family to go to the executive lounge while I dealt with the check in. This was fairly straightforward and worked very well.

The room was large by European standards, and had all of the typical ammenities afforded to a hotel such as this (Nicer TV, good bed, etc.). We had a view towards the interior lobby on the 7th floor, and it is a huge lobby. We did not use the restaurant, but we did use the executive lounge for breakfast and quick snacks. This was up to par on quality of food and service provided. Alcohol was served (beer and wine) for a short window of time in the evening, and that was more than ample for us. Internet service (free for Gold members) worked well in the room and in the public areas of the hotel.

The hotel itself is a short walk to Old Town (about 20 minutes, with three kids in tow), and the added bonus is walking in the other direction affords a better look at the non-tourist areas. Plus there are some good restaurants that are much cheaper in cost than the ones near Old Town.

The only downside is paying for parking, at nearly $40 a day. That is a bit high. If we come to Prague, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the executive lounge, it is worth the money.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank World_TravelerJapan
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for sharing such a brilliant review with us and other travellers.

I was more than happy to learn that your arrival to our hotel exceeded your expectations and you felt welcome and comfortable from the start of your stay.

Moreover, it was a great pleasure for me to read that you and your family were highly satisfied with our hotel services and facilities, especially our executive floor with private lounge.

Your most valued feedback was already shared and it is always a great motivator for us to know that we were able to provide you with a most comfortable stay.

If you plan to visit Prague with your family again in the future, please contact me directly on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com for arranging another great stay for you.

Sending you kind regards from the golden city,