“Avoid unless you are attending a convention” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #136 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Saint Nom la Breteche
“Avoid unless you are attending a convention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Imagine a huge cube made of glass and steel in a magnificent baroque city...but is not seated in the middle of it but 2 metrop stops away from down town...If you have a room on the inner court yard you will necer see the light, of course and since the air conditioning system is blocked at 25°C you might suffocate. Breakfast is an awful experience : thousands of mouth to be fed at the same time but the food quality is excellent. Note that in spite of all of this, the service is good and professionnal

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

First of all, please allow me thank you for staying recently at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for taking the time to write about your experience.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to read, that despite to discomfort you experienced, you remained highly satisfied with our food quality and with the service provided by our team members.

Concerning the room position and the air conditioning, please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Rest assured, that your most valuable feedback will be certainly passed to our Engineering team. However, please allow me to mention, that a Duty Manager is available in our hotel 24/7 for providing immediate assistance with any kind of inquiry on the spot.

In regards to our location, please allow me to add, that you can also easily reach the Heart of Prague by walking across the river bank, or through a street full of shops and restaurants; It takes only 15 minutes to reach the city center.

I hope, that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel in the future, and in the meantime, I remain at your entire disposal and send you my kindest regards,

Irina Maizlish
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dagenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely lovely, staff very helpful and intrested in your stay.
Its very close to the main center within 15/20 minutes walk or a cheap 350ckz 5 min drive.
Would highly recommend, cant wait to go back.

EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with other travellers and us.

It was indeed with pleasure to read, that you remained highly satisfied with the services provide by our team and with the convenient location of our hotel.

I We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my warmest regards,

Ashdod, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Pro: Very good location (near subway station, close to the center), very clean, very good rooms, excellent staff, luxury restaurant, swimming pool, dry and steam saunas, gym hall, etc. Excellent sleep quality!

Contra: Wi-Fi ! Wi-Fi in the rooms or cable Internet access in the room (!?) is very much expensive. Much more profitable is to buy a local SIM. It is true, there is free of charge Wi-Fi open access point in the lobby, but its traffic is very slow, seems like before decade. Only 1/8 of windows are looking over the river. There is only 1 elevator hall over a long corridor perimeter. If you need a toothbrush or slippers, you have to ask them at reception.

Room Tip: Windows of 50% of rooms are looking in the inner hall. You see it from reception. Its long a way to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying recently at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for taking the time to share such a review with us and with other travellers.

I was delighted to read, that you remained satisfied with the services provide by our team and with the good location of our hotel.

Regarding your comment about the price of the internet, please allow me to say, that our pricing strategy is in line with competitive five star hotels in Prague. Nevertheless, your most valuable comments will be certainly taken into consideration.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

With my best regards,

stratford, ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Here is the quick review. Restaurant and bar is very overpriced for Prague. Beds are very Hard Rooms are very small Breakfast was very good Lobby is very nice, big and clean If you want to eat there are lots of restaurants within a 5 minute walk that have good food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jakub N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel during your recent visit of Czech Republic.

With pleasure I was reading that you enjoyed the Hilton Breakfast and that you liked the contemporary and modern design of the hotel lobby.

However I was disappointed to learn, that the bed was very hard for you. Please allow me to mention, that a Duty Manager is available in our hotel 24/7 for providing immediate assistance with any kind of inquiry on spot.

Concerning the restaurant and bar pricing, I would like to note, that our prices are in line with other 5* properties in Prague. Nevertheless, you can rest assured that your most valuable feedback will be shared with the hotel management and taken into the consideration when future decisions will be made.

If you decide to visit Prague in the future, I do hope you will give us the opportunity to host you in our property again. Please contact me directly on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com for arranging your stay.

Sincerely yours,

Jakub Novosad
Inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Initially concerned after booking about location, 2nd time to Prague and stayed at Kings Court Hotel last time, both excellent Hotels but this time we needed a Family Room to share with our Kids aged 11 and 14 and wanted better leisure facilities to tire them out before bed. Prague airport transfers were exellent as usual to meet and greet and get us to hotel door for 22 euros (each way) and swift check with kind suggestion to widen one if the 2 double beds but was not needed. Spacious family room, with great TV channels in English, separate WC and bathroom was a bonus to stop arguments. Pool is awesome, and better than even the website shows, free towels - we simply took the lift in our dressing gowns at night and back up to bed after a hard days sightseeing. We had no breakfast in our 3 days but its super easy to walk 5mins to baguette boulevard and get fresh coffee, juice and eggs and bacon or continental stuff for about 400k for all 4 of us which is peanuts comapred to Hilton if its not on your room for free, and that same street which leads up to Republic square has great price places to eat, like Pizza Colleseum. If you are new to Prague take the 5 tram to malastranske and then 22 to Castle...and same back. Conceirge gave us great tip for 11 year old boys and me, the amazing technical museum is 5 floors of transport and earth sciences museum, with a super cheap cafe to get a great lunch or even just cakes and coffee, we walked from the hotel slowly and it took less than 20mins, just across the bridge and up the hill on ther side, dont bother paying for a tram. This hotel is very handy for stuff if you walk just a short way, our 2 kids walked back and forth to old town easy and if you go via riverbank its so quiet and you dont need to dodge everyone, so thumbs up for the leisure, food in hotel was too pricey for us 4 given Prague prices are minimal and the staff at Hotel and the people who cleaned our room were to be commended, the room staff really do need some credit

Room Tip: Family rooms are big so 4 can do it, just take the earplugs and tire kids at pool till 10pm
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting Prague with your family and thank you for posting such a beautiful review about your stay with us.

I was delighted to read, that you felt comfortable in our Family Room and that you enjoyed our swimming pool. Moreover, with pleasure I read, that you remained highly satisfied with the services provide by our team and with the convenient location of our hotel.

The whole Hilton Prague team will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future, and please feel free to contact me directly on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior to your next arrival for arranging your next stay.

I remain at your entire disposal and send you my warmest greetings from the sunny Prague,

Irina Maizlish
Athens, Attiki, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel in general is fine. Unfortunately though, we were faced with a problem as soon as we arrived. It was Easter and for some reason everyone on duty was on training. The girl that checked us in asked for a card for guarantee. Me and my boyfriend both thought that she was just taking the card details. As soon as she walked into the next room, we got a message from our bank that our card had been charged 10,000 Czech corone. That was the room guarantee. More than 350€! And without any warning!
Of course we asked for the money to be released, but that takes forever (its a week later and the money is still bound).
I asked for the manager, complained, he was very polite, but the problem remained.

Other than that, the room is great, the room cleaning service was very good, as well as the room service. We had a few small issues, such as the window not closing, which they attended to immediately, but it still left you with the sense that the entire staff were amateurs.

The breakfast is absolutely great, must include. There was practically anything you could think of and all tasteful.

Room Tip: Careful you don't get a room that has an inwards view. There are rooms that look into the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague hotel and for taking your most valuable time to write a review.

It was a pleasure for me to learn that you found our rooms to be great and that you enjoyed the breakfast we served.

Moreover I was delighted to read that the small issues you faced were immediately attended to.

Nevertheless, I truly regret the fact that you did not find our guarantee procedure beneficial for you as many of our other customers do, since it allows them to enjoy additional hotel services without the need to pay them directly. Please allow me to kindly note that, the amount on your card was only held upon check in to guarantee possible incidentals. Please accept my apologies for the fact that the amount held was not released upon check-out.

Concerning the fact, that the money are still blocked, would you please be so kind and provide me with more details on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com, which will allow me properly follow up on the issue.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again in the near future as we would very much like to improve the impression you have left the Hilton Prague hotel with.

Sincerely yours,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Overall I enjoyed my stay. Customer service was excellent so was the breakfast it was included in the package. I was only there for one night the phone was not working properly and shower head was semi defective. It worked but it would come off the hose. Water pressure seemed low. The room was clean.
I would stay there again due to the people skills at this Hilton. A longer stay I would most definitely ask to change rooms. But for one night it was a minor inconvenience

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and fellow travellers.

I was glad to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that we were able to provide a great start to the day with the Hilton breakfast. Moreover, your praising words about the service received were shared with the whole team.

However, I was disappointed to read that your enjoyable stay was slightly marred by the experience with the phone, the shower head and the water pressure. Please rest assured that your most valuable feedback will certainly be brought to the attention of Chief Engineer to follow up.

I hope, that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival for arranging your stay.

With kindest regards,