“Superb hotel”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #140 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because the location is not the best. Yes, it is very close to the railway station but slightly far from the other tourist spots. Having said that, I feel that most of Prague is quite walkable so it is not too tough to cover distances which appear seemingly huge on the map. There also do not appear to be many nice eating joints around the hotel.

But that apart, this hotel is EXCELLENT in every respect. If ever I visit Prague again, I will definitely stay here. The staff (and I mean all staff and not just the receptionists) are extremely friendly and courteous and the service is perfect in every way.

The rooms are very modern and plush. We did not have the breakfast option in our package so no comments on that. Accidentally, we had ended up removing an item from the mini bar to see what it was. We did not end up consuming it but because it was an automated option, we got charged for it. When I pointed it out to the receptionists, they were extremely polite and offered to remove it from our bill immediately. The receptionists gave us some useful travel tips too, by marking all important points of interest on the tourist map. A very friendly gesture indeed.

The lines at reception were always huge as the hotel seems to be quite busy. So there might be a slight wait there. But the hotel offers an express check out option, so that can make things simpler for some of us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sir ,

With great pleasure I read, that you had a memorable stay with us and that we will be able to host you again in the future.

looking forward to your returns and wishing you all the best.

Best regards ,

Emmanuel Baleba

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just want to say I was at a convention in that hotel last August and now where almost all hotels have gone for free wifi both in the hotel rooms and everyelse around in the hotel.

but this hotel charges a crazy high price for you to get your internet in your room. if you stay for a 4 to 7 days it like crazy much.

I asked the manager why and they said it just like that and was realey rude, will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir ,

I was disappointed to read your comments , would you please be so kind and contact me directly at dutymanager.prague@hilton.com to share more details, in order to complete a full investigation, as this is certainly not a reflective of our usual level of service.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

With kind regards,

Emmanuel Baleba

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed the weekend and had a very good time. The location is reasonable (walking distance to the old town and near to a metro station for lines B and C). The room is spacious. The bathroom a little small.
The pool is very nice and big enough to swim. The gym is large compared to a hotel gym.
The breakfast was excellent.
And more than all - the city is wonderful !
Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jiri P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was very happy to read that you had a very good time over the weekend you spent at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel with good service and excellent breakfast. Right on the river which is an excellent place for an early morning walk. It is a small hike into the older parts of town however there is a subway stop a block away.

Room Tip: River view is nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague hotel.

With great pleasure I was reading that you found our hotel to be nice with good service and excellent breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Have stayed at the Prague Hilton before, just with my wife, but this time we had our 3 year old daughter with us and had a great time.

Like to start by saying that every member of staff we encountered was very helpful and couldn’t have been nicer. From the staff on the front desk, to the housekeeping, and all the staff in the restaurants and the health club, excellent.

The rooms in the Hilton are fine, decent size and comfortable. One partial criticism has to be the bathroom which is a little small for the class of hotel. The shower we had was also poor, no power to it at all.

My daughter loved the swimming pool and hot tub which we used every day. It was generally very quiet when we visited in the late afternoon and the pool is a good size, so plenty of room for our wee one to splash about and not bother anyone.

We had dinner in the Bistro Bar on the mezzanine level one night, good quality burgers, nice meal for the little one, just a very relaxing atmosphere with very friendly service. Breakfast was not included in our rate, but we paid for it on two mornings and had the good quality and choice that you would expect from Hilton, a huge buffet.

It’s only about a 15 minute walk into town or the metro and trams are easy to negotiate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a detailed review with us.

I was delighted to learn that you have really enjoyed your time at our hotel with your family.

Moreover, your praising words about the very helpful staff will be certainly shared with the whole team.

We are looking forward to hosting you and your family at our property again in the near future.

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here when there seemed to be a huge conference happening in the hotel. I think this probably is the main purpose of the hotel and I'm sure it serves the conferences very well.

As a tourist it was extremely dissapointing - the rooms are old and have a strange smell about them. Internet is expensive. Location is not great.

The saving feature is the gym which is large and very well equiped.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear valued traveller,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.

I was truly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to provide your stay with our usual high standard of service.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent stay- comfortable beds, large and clean rooms, nice food (but a bit pricey), hearty breakfast, polite staff, refreshing cocktails in Sky Bar.

We stayed here with friends for 3 nights, everything from start to finish was great. We spent some time in the spa as well, which was relaxing and the massage was great.

Only negative I would say that the hotel is not centrally located, but you can use public transport or for approx. £10 can get a taxi to town.

Great stay, thank you very much!

Room Tip: Add to notes when booking that you want a room near the lifts. If it's at the other end of the f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel as your ‘Home away from home’ during the visit of the Golden city of Prague.

With great pleasure I was reading that you had an excellent stay with us.

I am sending you the warmest regards from the whole team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.