Hilton Prague
US$174
Trip.com
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
Orbitz.com
US$71
US$63
US$168
TripAdvisor
5,320 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barold townczech househuge hotelviking cruiseduty managerminute walkpublic areasbreakfast buffettop floorexcellent hotelmodern hotelmetro stationczech republiccity centrebeautiful city
Reviewed 20 June 2014

EN

First of all, let me say that this wasn't a bad hotel. But, it wasn't a very good hotel neither. I'm writing this also on behalf of the other three people I stayed with. First of all they charge nearly 20 euros for 24 hour of internet connection from the room. Now I want to ask, WHY? The lobby and the public areas have free connection but rooms do not. At least most. The rooms with the view of the lobby (not the city, when you open the window it's the lobby of the hotel and you can't get any fresh air) could get some of that precious free internet when you are near the window. Once I looked out and everyone was near their windows, trying to get some of the free internet. At least it could have been a better price. Or 20 euros for the entire stay. This was one of the biggest problems as we live in an age of computers. Also here's another example of Hilton's money thirst. You can't move the food in the minibar. Yes that's right. If you move the item-not consuming it, just moving it- costs. And there is a space in the minibar that almost makes fun of us by saying "for your items".Why? Because it's really small. I mean really small. I'm not even going to talk about the restaurant and in-room dining prices. Also, a normal bottle water that is in the room costs 150 czk, apx 5 euros. I thought the first bottle would be complimentary, but no. Another example of the money thirst.

The rooms were average, while beds were really comfortable, furniture seemed quite old. Also why couldn't you make a simple full shower cover? There was a glass but it only went down half the way. WHY? You could've even put a simple curtain there. So everywhere was wet when I got out of the shower. And why is the toilet in a different room? A big bathroom with everything in it would be good.

The breakfast was fine, but It had little options. And the bacon was terrible. Other than that, it was all fine with the complimentary newspaper service.

In conclusion, I wouldn't suggest this hotel. You could go to a Holiday Inn or an Ibis for a lot cheaper and get the same service. Maybe even better.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view of the outside if you want some fresh air.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deniz Y
Jakub N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel as your ‘Home away from home’ during your visit of Czech Republic.

I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Nevertheless, I do hope, that we will have the opportunity to welcome you at the Hilton Prague hotel in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Jakub Novosad

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location is ideal, only a 5 minute walk away from the underground which will take you anywhere you want within the city. A cab costs approximately 4 pounds into the city centre or you can use the (albeit more expensive) hilton taxi service direct from the hotel.

We are gold members so we were upgraded into the executive floor and the executive lounge. This is a fantastic facility which gives you a seperate breakfast area and free drinks throughout the day including self service free champagne and various alcoholic drinks up until 2300. The manager met us personally when we checked in which was nice and we were given a free guide to prague.

The room was perfect, spacious and had the best bed I've ever slept in in a hilton. The aircon was particularly good, quiet and very effective at keeping the room around 18 degrees even though it was 25 outside. This also seemed to stay on the whole time even when we were out.

The hotel also has one of the best bars in prague with the 'sky lounge' on the top floor which has a fantastic view of prague. The cocktails here are still very reasonably priced (only 4-5 pounds or so) and there was a live saxophone player playing with the dj for a very pleasant evening.

The spa is very good but is very small and soon feels crowded if there are lots of people in it. The pool is also quite small and short so not great for lane swimming at all and the jacuzzi only fits around 5 people in it but has excellent power.

Never used the casino but judging by everything else i can assume its of an high standard.

Only slightly negative thing was the organisation at breakfast, rather than sitting down yourself I think it would be better to always be greeted, then sat down so you can ask for tea straightaway and be asked if you want to order from the a la carte menu as sometimes we were waiting around for a while or had to ask the staff, only a minor point though. Also they don't do the sausages you get in the UK hiltons and the sausages you do get aren't great but apart from that the breakfast is very agreeable, the omelettes are very good.

All in all a brilliant stay at the hilton in prague !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel during the visit of the Golden city of Prague.

With great pleasure I was reading that your stay were up to your expectations and had a luxury stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and sending you kindest regards from the sunny Prague.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good hotel but not all that great. You will find much better price/quality hotels in Prague. They charge 25 euros for 1 day wifi in your room. In the lobby its free. Would not choose this hotel again because of this insane wifi price. Hotel is quite a walk from the city center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Skapitein,

With regrets I read, that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Nevertheless, I am glad that you found our hotel to be good.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because the location is not the best. Yes, it is very close to the railway station but slightly far from the other tourist spots. Having said that, I feel that most of Prague is quite walkable so it is not too tough to cover distances which appear seemingly huge on the map. There also do not appear to be many nice eating joints around the hotel.

But that apart, this hotel is EXCELLENT in every respect. If ever I visit Prague again, I will definitely stay here. The staff (and I mean all staff and not just the receptionists) are extremely friendly and courteous and the service is perfect in every way.

The rooms are very modern and plush. We did not have the breakfast option in our package so no comments on that. Accidentally, we had ended up removing an item from the mini bar to see what it was. We did not end up consuming it but because it was an automated option, we got charged for it. When I pointed it out to the receptionists, they were extremely polite and offered to remove it from our bill immediately. The receptionists gave us some useful travel tips too, by marking all important points of interest on the tourist map. A very friendly gesture indeed.

The lines at reception were always huge as the hotel seems to be quite busy. So there might be a slight wait there. But the hotel offers an express check out option, so that can make things simpler for some of us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sir ,

With great pleasure I read, that you had a memorable stay with us and that we will be able to host you again in the future.

looking forward to your returns and wishing you all the best.

Best regards ,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just want to say I was at a convention in that hotel last August and now where almost all hotels have gone for free wifi both in the hotel rooms and everyelse around in the hotel.

but this hotel charges a crazy high price for you to get your internet in your room. if you stay for a 4 to 7 days it like crazy much.

I asked the manager why and they said it just like that and was realey rude, will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir ,

I was disappointed to read your comments , would you please be so kind and contact me directly at dutymanager.prague@hilton.com to share more details, in order to complete a full investigation, as this is certainly not a reflective of our usual level of service.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

With kind regards,